PDA

View Full Version : SPLC: Anti-Government "Patriot" Groups Grew at an Astounding Pace Last Year

FrankRep
03-08-2012, 10:33 PM
New SPLC Report: ‘Patriot’ Movement Explodes (http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2012/03/08/explosive-growth-of-patriot-movement-revealed-in-new-splc-report/)

SPLC
March 8, 2012

The number of anti-government “Patriot” groups grew at an astounding pace last year, as it has in all three years of the Obama presidency, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center’s (SPLC) annual count of extremist groups, released today. The number of these groups rose from 824 in 2010 to 1,274 last year.

This dramatic expansion of the radical right was driven by fears related to economic dislocation, the country’s changing racial makeup, and the prospect of four more years under our first black president. The campaign season, with its vitriolic rhetoric, has also contributed to the overheated atmosphere that is fostering these groups. In addition, many politicians and other public figures increasingly have been pushing conspiracy theories and demonizing rhetoric into the political mainstream.

====

http://thenewamerican.com/images/stories2011/04aSeptember/coverstory.jpg (http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/9112-protecting-rights-loyal-americans-targeted-by-the-splc)

Law-enforcement agencies rely on the Southern Poverty Law Center to keep them abreast of hate groups, and the SPLC has been using its clout to stigmatize and slander conservatives.

Protecting Rights: Loyal Americans Targeted by the SPLC (http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/9112-protecting-rights-loyal-americans-targeted-by-the-splc)

William F. Jasper | The New American (http://thenewamerican.com/)
04 October 2011

Related Articles:

SPLC: Scamming for Power, Lucre, and Control (http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/9242-splc-scamming-for-power-lucre-and-control-)

The name — Southern Poverty Law Center — conjures images of dedicated and near-penniless lawyers heroically assisting poor people in the South in their struggles for justice. But the image is false.

SPLC's Misdirection of Law Enforcement (http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/9240-splcs-misdirection-of-law-enforcement)

The Southern Poverty Law Center is attempting to demonize and criminalize, in the eyes and minds of law enforcement, those with whom the SPLC disagrees.

Flashback:

SPLC’s Poverty of Ethics (http://thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/6053-splcs-poverty-of-ethics)

The lauded Southern Poverty Law Center (SOLC) accomplishes little good and much harm, while raking in fortunes, money given to fight hate and bigotry.

Leftist SPLC Publishes Patriot Hit List (http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/3358-leftist-splc-publishes-patriot-hit-list)

The leftist Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is worried that non-violent conservative opposition to big government will lead to violence, and has produced an enemies list that includes much of the freedom (patriot) movement.

Media Jump to Smear Right With Extremist Label (http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/3238-media-jump-to-smear-right-with-extremist-label)

Morris Dees and the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) are using the recent arrests of the Hutaree Militia to smear The John Birch Society and constitutionalist Christian organizations as dangerous hate groups.

Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) Exposed -- Corruption and Slander (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AdYg7Mw38g)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AdYg7Mw38g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AdYg7Mw38g

Origanalist
03-08-2012, 10:39 PM
The SPLC is a cancer, always has been.

BUSHLIED
03-08-2012, 10:56 PM
The number of anti-government “Patriot” groups grew at an astounding pace last year, as it has in all three years of the Obama presidency, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center’s (SPLC) annual count of extremist groups, released today. The number of these groups rose from 824 in 2010 to 1,274 last year.

This dramatic expansion of the radical right was driven by fears related to economic dislocation, the country’s changing racial makeup, and the prospect of four more years under our first black president. The campaign season, with its vitriolic rhetoric, has also contributed to the overheated atmosphere that is fostering these groups. In addition, many politicians and other public figures increasingly have been pushing conspiracy theories and demonizing rhetoric into the political mainstream.
====

They still don't get it. There are anti-government groups because government is too big, out of control, and spending away our future...really simple.

Anti Federalist
03-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Look in the mirror to see the "anti government radical".

You are all reported.

MikeStanart
03-08-2012, 11:15 PM

You are all reported.

See you at the FEMA camp! Maybe they'll let us organize a flag football team and we can get a RPF team started!

Lishy
03-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Since when was there terrorist militias in the U.S.? I see dissidents, and I see some crazies who believe Dick Cheney is a Lizard Man with a Jew Fetish (Personally I believe he's just a dick!), but where is the threat?

Anti Federalist
03-08-2012, 11:21 PM
See you at the FEMA camp! Maybe they'll let us organize a flag football team and we can get a RPF team started!

"Avenge me boys! AVENGE ME!!!!"

Origanalist
03-08-2012, 11:27 PM
Since when was there terrorist militias in the U.S.? I see dissidents, and I see some crazies who believe Dick Cheney is a Lizard Man with a Jew Fetish (Personally I believe he's just a dick!), but where is the threat?

If you believe in small government, you are a threat.
If you don't like the fact local police are becoming militarized you are a threat.
If you think the government has taken too many powers they aren't granted in the Constitution you are a threat.
If you think the government shouldn't limit your freedom of speech you are a threat.
If you think public schools are government indoctination centers you are a threat.

If you are on this forum, you are a threat, to those that would control you.

oyarde
03-08-2012, 11:29 PM

You are all reported. I am a Great American Patriot , I saved you the trouble , while driving to work without my seatbelt on , having a cigarette and coffee ,after shining up my Gadsden Flag license plate on the front bumper , I reported myself.

oyarde
03-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Nice post Buckeye Frank , thank you sir ! Oh , that SPLC , they are some smart and wily ones , yes they are , they have discovered more Americans are extremists like me , extremely pissed off about the extreme spending , extreme debt , extremely worthless money and extreme lack of fortitude to cut the extreme spending and extreme theft. Should I print them up a nice gold embossed certificate of Genius ? or just send them a turd ? decisions , decisions ....

oyarde
03-09-2012, 12:06 AM
Since I got no advice or direction from anyone more reasonable than myself , I have changed my mind. I sentence the SPLC to Uganda for eternity . Good luck pussies !

oyarde
03-09-2012, 12:11 AM
If they leave the money they have to my Foundation , I wll equip them all with a bow , a few arrows , a goatskin water bag , a bottle of aspirin , a machete , loin cloth , poncho , one pc of rope , a knife , tomahawk and two MRE's . Otherwise , nothing.

Brian4Liberty
03-09-2012, 12:15 AM
SPLC, liars and propagandists. Enough said.

emazur
03-09-2012, 12:38 AM
State
Power
Loving
Commies

Sullivan*
03-09-2012, 12:58 AM
Nice post Buckeye Frank , thank you sir ! Oh , that SPLC , they are some smart and wily ones , yes they are , they have discovered more Americans are extremists like me , extremely pissed off about the extreme spending , extreme debt , extremely worthless money and extreme lack of fortitude to cut the extreme spending and extreme theft. Should I print them up a nice gold embossed certificate of Genius ? or just send them a turd ? decisions , decisions ....
My vote's for the latter... Be sure to let us know how many Couric's it weighs!!!

Pericles
03-09-2012, 12:59 AM
The SPLC propaganda is all about getting some liberals to pee their pants and send the SPLC money. It makes no sense for me to be "anti-government".

I, with many others of my ilk, are of the opinion that (A) the actions of the federal government are bankrupting the country, and untold economic misery for hundreds of millions of people is sure to be the result: thus (B) any action I take is neither going to retard the projected course of events nor accelerate them by adding my efforts - which would be totally superfluous, so (C) the most productive use of my time and treasure is in preparing for the impending doom, thereby (D) I am in a position to profit from the resulting chaos. It would be stupid of me to do what the SPLC thinks I do.

Militia is what happens when preparation meets crisis.

oyarde
03-09-2012, 01:26 AM
The SPLC propaganda is all about getting some liberals to pee their pants and send the SPLC money. It makes no sens for me to be "anti-government".

I, with many others of my ilk, are of the opinion that (A) the actions of the federal government are bankrupting the country, and untold economic misery for hundreds of millions of people is sure to be the result: thus (B) any action I take is neither going to retard the projected course of events nor accelerate them by adding my efforts - which would be totally superfluous, so (C) the most productive use of my time and treasure is in preparing for the impending doom, thereby (D) I am in a position to profit from the resulting chaos. It would be stupid of me to do what the SPLC thinks I do.

Militia is what happens when preparation meets crisis. Makes sense to me , this is probably a good example of why you were probably an outstanding battalion commander ...

Mark37snj
03-09-2012, 05:52 AM
Well did alot of new groups actually form or did they just expand their definition of what a "Patriot" group is?

tod evans
03-09-2012, 06:05 AM

Proudly!

centure7
03-09-2012, 06:20 AM
The SPLC is really drooling here, thick with heavy mental retardation. Its easy to understand why their co-founder admitted point-black that their organization is fraudulent, and also why they have one of the lowest ratings as a charity you can get by independent review panels.

"Patriot" is pro-government. "Anti-Government" is anti-government. So, there is a dramatic increase in pro-government anti-government groups? Someone hand SPLC a drool rag to wipe their faces!

They can register me as a hate group because I hate scammers, and therefore I hate the SPLC.

A Son of Liberty
03-09-2012, 08:13 AM
SPLC: Anti-Government "Patriot" Groups Grew at an Astounding Pace Last Year

Great news!

:D

trey4sports
03-09-2012, 08:21 AM
that must mean we're winning.

mczerone
03-09-2012, 08:32 AM
If you believe in small government, you are a threat.
If you don't like the fact local police are becoming militarized you are a threat.
If you think the government has taken too many powers they aren't granted in the Constitution you are a threat.
If you think the government shouldn't limit your freedom of speech you are a threat.
If you think public schools are government indoctination centers you are a threat.

If you are on this forum, you are a threat, to those that would control you.

Don't forget to blame our feelings on "racism and demonic rhetoric".

Cause we don't don't have any legitimate gripes with the govt; we're just mad because Obama's part black.

Pericles
03-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Makes sense to me , this is probably a good example of why you were probably an outstanding battalion commander ...

I could name several staff officers who would not share your view.

jmdrake
03-09-2012, 09:24 AM
SPLC = racist white supremacist group that pretends to help blacks but hates blacks who think for themselves and works to enslave the rest.

Pericles
03-09-2012, 09:27 AM
The SPLC is really drooling here, thick with heavy mental retardation. Its easy to understand why their co-founder admitted point-black that their organization is fraudulent, and also why they have one of the lowest ratings as a charity you can get by independent review panels.

"Patriot" is pro-government. "Anti-Government" is anti-government. So, there is a dramatic increase in pro-government anti-government groups? Someone hand SPLC a drool rag to wipe their faces!

They can register me as a hate group because I hate scammers, and therefore I hate the SPLC.

Create a website that articulates views with which the SPLC disagrees, and watch yourself appear on the next version of the hate list.

Origanalist
03-09-2012, 09:28 AM
Don't forget to blame our feelings on "racism and demonic rhetoric".

Cause we don't don't have any legitimate gripes with the govt; we're just mad because Obama's part black.

"we're just mad because Obama's part black"

How convienient for Morris Dees.

Athan
03-09-2012, 09:42 AM
but where is the threat?
There is none. It's just splc being splc.
Are you telling me a bunch of bubbas with shotguns and AR15's are going to go up against F-22's, bunker busters, and nukes splc? LOL
Extremists.

BUSHLIED
03-09-2012, 02:07 PM
CNN about cover the anti-government groups after commercial break...

VegasPatriot
03-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Create a website that articulates views with which the SPLC disagrees, and watch yourself appear on the next version of the hate list.
Do you mean a group like... (see signature)?

Pericles
03-09-2012, 03:32 PM
Do you mean a group like... (see signature)?

As just one example.

DerailingDaTrain
03-09-2012, 03:55 PM

I call top bunk!

HOLLYWOOD
03-09-2012, 06:44 PM
SPLC, liars and propagandists. Enough said.All the communist media "Agencies have coordinated this propaganda press release Here's the SPLC/ABC/YAHOO snapshothttp://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/mzcmdr/SPLC_ABC_YAHOO_1.png

libertyjam
03-09-2012, 10:01 PM
I caught the Young Turks talking about this tonight, a show I never usually watch, with a panel of creepy liberal nuts as far as I could tell. They all seemed to be regulars, and the misinformation they were spewing was simply mind boggling.

oyarde
03-10-2012, 12:26 AM
I could name several staff officers who would not share your view. Ahh , they were mistaken , I know real talent.

oyarde
03-10-2012, 12:32 AM
Create a website that articulates views with which the SPLC disagrees, and watch yourself appear on the next version of the hate list. My states militia is on the list .

oyarde
03-10-2012, 12:35 AM
I caught the Young Turks talking about this tonight, a show I never usually watch, with a panel of creepy liberal nuts as far as I could tell. They all seemed to be regulars, and the misinformation they were spewing was simply mind boggling. What is a Young Turk ? , do I need to keep on eye on them ??

oyarde
03-10-2012, 12:39 AM
All the communist media "Agencies have coordinated this propaganda press release Here's the SPLC/ABC/YAHOO snapshothttp://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/mzcmdr/SPLC_ABC_YAHOO_1.png WTH .. ?? .. , I pay my debts , they are mine , I reluctantly pay taxes that are too high , not really sure how much longer , I wish to comply ... Laws ?? what laws ? I obey the Constitution , when will they ?????

oyarde
03-10-2012, 12:41 AM
I call top bunk! You can have mine , I will not be needing it ;)

The_Ruffneck
03-10-2012, 01:05 AM
what do they class the people who are not sovereign citizens as?
as far as demonising monikers go it has to be the weakest one i have heard so far

libertyjam
03-10-2012, 08:17 AM
What is a Young Turk ? , do I need to keep on eye on them ??

I meant Cenk on whatever that show he is on these days, I guess it must have been Countdown, which explains why I never watch ...
http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/20/current-tv-hires-cenk-ugyur/