PDA

View Full Version : NJ - Puppy breaks free from leash, shot dead by cops.

Anti Federalist
03-08-2012, 06:34 PM
I have answers for these folks.

I'm not sure they will care to hear them, but I've got answers.

Answers demanded in pet’s death

http://www.shorenewstoday.com/snt/news/index.php/wildwood-mainmenu/wildwood-leader-letters-to-the-editor/22051-answers-demanded-in-pets-death.html

To the editor:

Law enforcement in West Wildwood shot a puppy who broke free of her leash during a walk, and later dug up her body after burial in the family's yard. They said they needed to test for rabies, even though the owner had medical records documenting that her pet had been vaccinated.

Ryan Conrey had taken the family pet out for a walk when the collar broke. Conrey says the frolicking puppy, wanting to play, jumped up on a nearby woman. The dog did not bite the woman. The woman got a small scratch when she pushed the puppy down.

As Ryan and his friend, another 20 year old, ran after and tried to corner the playful puppy, police officer Cesar Luna of the West Wildwood police department arrived, drew his service weapon, and shot the puppy in the head, killing her. One boy was only within a few feet from the dog, reaching down to grab her, at the moment the officer fired the fatal shot. The boy was so close that he felt the spray of the blood when the bullet struck Phoenix. Both boys say that there was no justification to kill the puppy and that it was extremely lucky that the one boy was not also killed by the officer's bullet.

The family and local townspeople are calling for an explanation of why the officer was so quick to draw his weapon and why he discharged his weapon so near to the boy. "The residents of this borough are upset that the police think they can shoot someone's pet just because a leash broke, said Chantal Langlois.

The family and townspeople also up in arms over the unnecessary exhumation of the puppy's body after burial, and the insensitive way they manhandled the body. Once the police released the dog's body to the family after the shooting, the family buried Phoenix in their yard. The next day, investigators from the County Prosecutor's Office announced that the dog's body would have to be dug up, her head cut off, and the head send to the lab to test for rabies. The family protested that they had proof that the dog had been vaccinated for rabies. However, the investigators refused to review the vaccination records and proceeded to dig up their pet.

Ms. Langlois said, "They dug in the ground like the body was not there, they dug hard, then they grabbed her by the tail and threw her into a trash bag like she was garbage, greatly upsetting the family." They then took her body away, and sent her to Baysea Veterinary Hospital, in Rio Grande.

Ms. Langlois then pleaded with the veterinarian and police not to desecrate her pet's body for no reason and again offered to show the proof of vaccination for rabies. Her pleas were ignored. The vet went ahead and cut off her pet's head and had the brain tested for rabies. The results confirmed that the dog did not have rabies.

“I told them there is no way Phoenix could have rabies because she was vaccinated and I had the written proof to show them, but they would not listen: they went onto my property, took away my pet, and mutilated her body for no reason. This has been a nightmare for our family and we demand answers and justice from the West Wildwood Police and County Prosecutor's office.”

Mercedes Delgado

West Wildwood

specsaregood
03-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Ms. Langlois then pleaded with the veterinarian and police not to desecrate her pet's body for no reason and again offered to show the proof of vaccination for rabies. Her pleas were ignored. The vet went ahead and cut off her pet's head and had the brain tested for rabies. The results confirmed that the dog did not have rabies.

I'd wager the bill for those services will be found in Ms. Langlois' mailbox soon enough.

ronpaulfollower999
03-08-2012, 06:36 PM
One boy was only within a few feet from the dog, reaching down to grab her, at the moment the officer fired the fatal shot.

I'm starting to notice a trend.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?363543-FL-Cops-to-family-quot-get-your-dog-or-we-are-going-to-shoot-him-quot-2-seconds-later-they-did

phill4paul
03-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Combat Qual...

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSC5N-Q4OBdRHSBVf4ZpVIPfFDT8SLbDAApDJWXXzw5Qolblg1aNQ

The answer to grave desecration...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNQwU9ZIactPlb9JlWBLhy1dqqrM40R lDTfOyVOHX0WdkLBMkL

Anti Federalist
03-08-2012, 06:42 PM
The fact that the cop skated on this is not so shocking to me, simply because it's NJ.

People there have a weird, symbiotic, "Stockholm Syndrome" thing going on with cops in that state.

They are regarded, in many ways, like well respected mafiosi, and people curry their favor in exchange for "protection".

And before any of our NJ brothers start bashing me, I was born and raised there, so I saw it first hand.

Copland was only semi fictional...

Dog owner wants justice for slain dog
Officials say the dog attacked, but she claims it was very gentle

http://www.shorenewstoday.com/snt/news/index.php/wildwood-mainmenu/wildwood-leader/22004-dog-owner-wants-justice-for-slain-dog.html

http://www.shorenewstoday.com/snt/news/images/stories/thumbs/L2hvbWUvc2hvcmVuZXcvcHVibGljX2h0bWwvc250L25ld3MvaW 1hZ2VzL3N0b3JpZXMvMDAtMjAxMi8xMC9jbWMvV0wtRG9nLVNo b3QtMy04LmpwZw==.jpg

WEST WILDWOOD — A borough police officer was justified when he shot a dog that had gotten off its leash on Feb. 1 and attacked a woman, according to the Cape May County Prosecutor’s Office.

But to Chantal Langlois, the dog’s owner, the officer killed a beloved family member that had broken free of her leash and was only trying to play.

Langlois has since hired an attorney Dante DiPirro and wants the officer, Cesar Luna, removed from the borough’s police force.

“I know this is going to open a whole can of worms, but I don’t care. Justice needs to be served,” Langlois said. A letter to the editor Langlois wrote appears on Page 8.

Langlois said she had raised Phoenix since birth. Langlois said the puppy, one of a litter of 17, wasn’t breathing when she was born and was given mouth to mouth.

“My mom literally brought her back to life,” said Langlois. “That’s how she got her name.”

Phoenix and her sister Bailey were the only two puppies that survived into adulthood from the large litter.

Langlois said she cared for both dogs as she would a member of the family.

“Phoenix would sleep in bed with us and she didn’t like going to sleep without getting covered with a blanket,” Langlois said.

“She loved to play and her best dog friend was a miniature pincher,” she said. “The two of them would play and the mini pin would always end up pinning Phoenix. It was so funny to watch.”

According to Langlois, “the dog didn’t have an aggressive bone in her body.

“I made sure to invest a lot of time and training in both dogs. I could put my hand in her food and take it away. I made sure to take her for leashed walks. We have a fenced yard,” she said.

“The only thing we were still working on was her jumping,” she added. “She liked to jump up on people.”

Langlois said she wanted dogs for a family pet. Not to breed.

“Of course they protect my home, but I needed them to be apart of the family and good with my children,” she said.

But Langlois said that her dog was target by police officers because she was a pit bull and boxer mixed breed.

“But people only hear the pit bull part and make their own conclusions based on their assumptions,” she said.

At the time of the shooting, Phoenix was a little over a year old, weighed 47 pounds and had recently been spayed.

Langlois said her nephew and his friend were taking Bailey and Phoenix for a walk on Feb. 1 at around 4 p.m. Langlois claimed that Luna drove by in his patrol car and said he would “shoot the dogs in the head if they got loose” only about 15 minutes prior to the shooting.

(If you or I did that, it would be evidence of "malice aforethought", and would result in criminal charges, since you made it clear prior to anything happening, that you intended to do harm to the dogs. - AF)

Langlois said that she advised her nephew to keep the dogs on a short lead.

Between D and E avenues on Glenwood Avenue in the borough, Phoenix pulled on her leash and it broke, Langlois said.

“They were only a block and a half away from the house,” she said.

According to Cape May County Prosecutor’s Office, who handled the case because an officer fired his weapon, the dog attacked a woman who was walking down Glenwood Avenue. But according to Langlois’ nephew, the dog pulled free of her leash trying to greet the woman.

“She was startled and threw up her hands, so Phoenix jumped up on her,” Langlois said. “My nephew told her not to worry and keep walking and they would get the dog away from her.”

The Prosecutor’s Office said that Luna responded to the scene and tried to assist the victim and catch the dog, but the dog tried to attack him three times. The officer then shot the dog once in the head with a .45-caliber semiautomatic handgun.

Cape May County Prosecutor Robert Taylor said the borough police officer appeared to have acted properly when he shot a dog.

“All the information we have tentatively confirms that the officer was justified in the shooting,” Taylor said.

Taylor said his office had interviewed witnesses and had received the same account of the events surrounding the shooting by Officer Luna.

However, Langlois claims that Luna “got out of the car and pulled the trigger.”

“My nephew ran back to the house, covered in blood splatter and hysterical,” Langlois said and ran with him back to the scene.

Langlois said she couldn’t believe it when she saw her dog lying dead in the street.

“I also couldn’t believe that an officer would fire his gun with a 20-year-old so close by,” she said.

Langlois said she approached the woman who had been attacked and wanted to know how badly she was hurt.

“All I saw was a scratch on her arm,” she said. “And she said how she didn’t want this to happen and the dog startled her.”

The prosecutor’s report said the woman was bitten and had torn clothing, he said. She was treated for her injuries at the scene.

Langlois said that after the investigation at the scene, the family took the dog’s body back home to be buried in the back yard. According to Langlois, investigators came to the house the next and told her that the body had to be tested for rabies, meaning that her head would have to be removed and the brain tested.

Langlois said she didn’t want the body dug up and said she could produce current vaccination records, including those for rabies, since Phoenix had been to the vet within the last three weeks.

“They didn’t want to hear it and dug her up anyway. They returned her, headless,” she said.

The dog was taken into custody for testing, Capt. Lynn Frame of the county Prosecutor’s Office confirmed.

Langlois said that she has since received a ticket for “dog running at large” and must appear in court on March 20.

“There is nothing about a leash or how it broke,” she said. “You just don’t expect these things when you take your dog for a walk in the neighborhood.”

Anti Federalist
03-08-2012, 06:43 PM
I'd wager the bill for those services will be found in Ms. Langlois' mailbox soon enough.

Along with a bill for the .45 ACP cartridge.

Anti Federalist
03-08-2012, 06:46 PM
I'm starting to notice a trend.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?363543-FL-Cops-to-family-quot-get-your-dog-or-we-are-going-to-shoot-him-quot-2-seconds-later-they-did

So am I.

Have been for a while.

It pains me that others do not.

phill4paul
03-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Langlois said her nephew and his friend were taking Bailey and Phoenix for a walk on Feb. 1 at around 4 p.m. Langlois claimed that Luna drove by in his patrol car and said he would “shoot the dogs in the head if they got loose” only about 15 minutes prior to the shooting.

(If you or I did that, it would be evidence of "malice aforethought", and would result in criminal charges, since you made it clear prior to anything happening, that you intended to do harm to the dogs. - AF)

Setting precedent.....

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyutSBR8bJZLJlqktBMqqKYQC9QH6gR rvBrNSG3t9yvAR3470P

AFPVet
03-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Remember when I said there was a strong correlation between those who commit animal abuse and homicidal sociopaths? Clearly, the thugs had no regard for the kid... they probably would have loved to get that combat qual.

heavenlyboy34
03-08-2012, 06:57 PM
I have answers for these folks.

I'm not sure they will care to hear them, but I've got answers.

Answers demanded in pet’s death

http://www.shorenewstoday.com/snt/news/index.php/wildwood-mainmenu/wildwood-leader-letters-to-the-editor/22051-answers-demanded-in-pets-death.html

To the editor:

Law enforcement in West Wildwood shot a puppy who broke free of her leash during a walk, and later dug up her body after burial in the family's yard. They said they needed to test for rabies, even though the owner had medical records documenting that her pet had been vaccinated.

Ryan Conrey had taken the family pet out for a walk when the collar broke. Conrey says the frolicking puppy, wanting to play, jumped up on a nearby woman. The dog did not bite the woman. The woman got a small scratch when she pushed the puppy down.

As Ryan and his friend, another 20 year old, ran after and tried to corner the playful puppy, police officer Cesar Luna of the West Wildwood police department arrived, drew his service weapon, and shot the puppy in the head, killing her. One boy was only within a few feet from the dog, reaching down to grab her, at the moment the officer fired the fatal shot. The boy was so close that he felt the spray of the blood when the bullet struck Phoenix. Both boys say that there was no justification to kill the puppy and that it was extremely lucky that the one boy was not also killed by the officer's bullet.

The family and local townspeople are calling for an explanation of why the officer was so quick to draw his weapon and why he discharged his weapon so near to the boy. "The residents of this borough are upset that the police think they can shoot someone's pet just because a leash broke, said Chantal Langlois.

The family and townspeople also up in arms over the unnecessary exhumation of the puppy's body after burial, and the insensitive way they manhandled the body. Once the police released the dog's body to the family after the shooting, the family buried Phoenix in their yard. The next day, investigators from the County Prosecutor's Office announced that the dog's body would have to be dug up, her head cut off, and the head send to the lab to test for rabies. The family protested that they had proof that the dog had been vaccinated for rabies. However, the investigators refused to review the vaccination records and proceeded to dig up their pet.

Ms. Langlois said, "They dug in the ground like the body was not there, they dug hard, then they grabbed her by the tail and threw her into a trash bag like she was garbage, greatly upsetting the family." They then took her body away, and sent her to Baysea Veterinary Hospital, in Rio Grande.

“I told them there is no way Phoenix could have rabies because she was vaccinated and I had the written proof to show them, but they would not listen: they went onto my property, took away my pet, and mutilated her body for no reason. This has been a nightmare for our family and we demand answers and justice from the West Wildwood Police and County Prosecutor's office.”

Mercedes Delgado

West Wildwood
:eek: :( :mad: /speechless

aGameOfThrones
03-08-2012, 07:00 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0c4viVPJJ1qccfn1o1_500.jpg

DamianTV
03-08-2012, 07:10 PM

And when the Cops are in the Wrong, they SHOT you, then either you (or your family if you die) gets the Hospital Bill for the Cops Wrong Doing.

And the Bill, For Services Rendered. Isnt getting shot a Disservice? God forbid someone shoots a Cops aggressive dog...

pcosmar
03-08-2012, 07:11 PM
I'm Having a Fantasy,,

this cop is found in his front yard with a brand new hole in his forehead.
There is a note laying on his chest,,,

Check him for Rabies.

I haz a grin

TheTexan
03-08-2012, 07:52 PM

Secession please.

Salvial
03-08-2012, 08:12 PM
The two stories are very different. Horrible shit either way

Krugerrand
03-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Again:

I suspect the dog was demonstrating clearly threatening behavior:

http://i56.tinypic.com/2moov7k.jpg

Danke
03-08-2012, 08:29 PM
"The dog should have been on a leash." Rael (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?22327-Rael), banned.

Anti Federalist
03-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Again:

Can you post the "Law Enforcement Pitbull Identification Guide" please?

Anti Federalist
03-08-2012, 08:42 PM
"The dog should have been on a leash." Rael (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?22327-Rael), banned.

Wha happened?

Yieu
03-08-2012, 08:54 PM
So wait, this has happened in more than one story now. Is the protocol now going to be: Shoot dog, return for the head the next day after it is buried to add insult to injury?

MikeStanart
03-08-2012, 09:05 PM
I would have burned the dog to prevent them from lobbing its head off.

Pericles
03-08-2012, 09:12 PM
I would have burned the dog to prevent them from lobbing its head off.

Probably the best suggestion so far, but when under emotional stress, the best option seldom occurs to folks.

The objective is to impose a cost on the tyrannical actors.

heavenlyboy34
03-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Anybody know what the ASPCA, PETA, etc are doing about all these dog shootings?

Anti Federalist
03-08-2012, 09:35 PM
:eek: :( :mad: /speechless

Langlois said that she has since received a ticket for “dog running at large” and must appear in court on March 20.

Anti Federalist
03-08-2012, 09:37 PM
So wait, this has happened in more than one story now. Is the protocol now going to be: Shoot dog, return for the head the next day after it is buried to add insult to injury?

Sorry no, I didn't post clearly.

It's two stories, one a letter to editor from the family and one a news report, but both about the same incident.

Nirvikalpa
03-08-2012, 09:42 PM
I am sickened. I have a pitbull pup in this state, and the hair on the back of my neck stands on end every time I think about taking her for a walk.

pcosmar
03-08-2012, 09:55 PM
I am sickened. I have a pitbull pup in this state, and the hair on the back of my neck stands on end every time I think about taking her for a walk.

I have owned one Pit,, known dozens over the years. Sweet dogs, Though incredibly strong. When they do fight something they do damage.
That is the same reason some choose them to fight.

Most of this is caused by an irrational fear of dogs,, any dogs.

Anti Federalist
03-08-2012, 10:03 PM

I have:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/31/Novofundlandec.jpg/250px-Novofundlandec.jpg

150 lbs. of big, strong, barking, noisy, un-neutered, fiercely protective of the kids, jet black fur.

I get sick to my stomach at the thought of some cop coming up on the property, unannounced.

Revolution9
03-08-2012, 10:17 PM
I have:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/31/Novofundlandec.jpg/250px-Novofundlandec.jpg

150 lbs. of big, strong, barking, noisy, un-neutered, fiercely protective of the kids, jet black fur.

I get sick to my stomach at the thought of some cop coming up on the property, unannounced.

I was looking at dog breeds last night for a new MMORPG I got contracted to develop and I saw this cute puppy that yours reminded me of

http://www.thedogsbreeds.com/gallery/tibetan-mastiff/tibetan_mastiff_3.jpg

A Tibetan Mastiff. 160 to 180 pounds. I would name him 'Chuckles". Eats cops fer breakfast and uses Tibetan magick for Matrix style bullet dodging.

Rev9

pcosmar
03-08-2012, 10:20 PM
I was looking at dog breeds last night for a new MMORPG I got contracted to develop and I saw this cute puppy that yours reminded me of

A Tibetan Mastiff. 160 to 180 pounds. I would name him 'Chuckles". Eats cops fer breakfast and uses Tibetan magick for Matrix style bullet dodging.

Rev9

I have a girl friend for him.

Cassiopeia

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5045/5348979307_a3fede6983_z.jpg

Can you not see that she exudes viciousness.

her teeth look just like his when I wrestle with her.

Anti Federalist
03-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Nice doggie!!

LoL at Chuckles.

No one is quite sure where the Newfs first came from, but the best guess is the Tibetan Mastiff or some offshoot of the breed.

Rev9

specsaregood
03-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Rev9

holy crap. wouldn't have to worry about getting much mail delivered with that beast hanging out in the yard.

dillo
03-08-2012, 10:35 PM

Rev9

HES SO CUTE

pcosmar
03-08-2012, 10:39 PM
HES SO CUTE

We had a 209 lb Saint Bernard growing up.

I could put my whole head in his mouth. I am going to have to look into those.

Anti Federalist
03-08-2012, 10:41 PM
From a couple of years ago.

Annnnnnd that would probably be the end of AF. :mad:

Asshole, idiot cop can't even spell "lethal" right.

Owner Of Shot Dog Says ‘Senseless’ Police Shooting Killed ‘Wonderful Dog’

by Ralph Nichols

DATE: November 11, 2010

http://www.waterlandblog.com/2010/11/11/owner-of-shot-dog-says-senseless-police-shooting-killed-wonderful-dog/

http://waterlandblog.com/wp-content/images/rosiedog_thumb.jpg

Rosie the Newfoundland was “a wonderful dog” whose death – from gunshots fired Nov. 7 by a Des Moines Police officer – was “senseless.”

Now Deirdre Wright, who with her husband Charles owned Rosie, wants “to make sure no other family has to experience this kind of thing.”

And interim Des Moines Police Chief John O’Leary has ordered an investigation into the shooting of this family companion and pet. Investigations into police shootings of animals are not automatic.

“The Des Moines Police Department understands the great concern the public has regarding this very sad event,” Master Sgt. Bob Collins said in a news release issued by the agency. Here’s the full text of the report:

DATE: November 11, 2010

The Des Moines Police Department understands the great concern the public has regarding this very sad event. We believe public service requires public trust, and that public trust demands public accountability. Accordingly, we know the owners of Rosie and the general public demand an answer for the actions of our officers.

We are currently gathering as much information as possible to try and determine how the events of the incident unfolded, and whether the shooting was within department policy. At this point it is inappropriate for us to reach any conclusions until our review is completed. We will be waiting for the completion of our investigation and review board before making any further public comment. We have been in contact with Rosie’s owners and we will be sharing our findings with them.

“We believe public service requires public trust, and that public trust demands public accountability. Accordingly, we know the owners of Rosie and the general public demand an answer for the actions of our officers.”

Three officers responded just after 1:30 p.m. Sunday to a report that a large dog was roaming loose at S. 262nd St. and 16th Ave. S.

The official police report (link to PDF file here) says that after they attempted to get Rosie with a catchpole and then tried to Taser her, she ran into a yard at 26852 16th Ave. S. and hid in blackberry bushes.

Rosie, who had a microchip, was not wearing a collar. A photo was e-mailed to Animal Control Officer Jan Magnuson, who advised the officers at the scene that she didn’t recognize the dog.

Because the dog had barked at them, run from them and shown its teeth, they “felt” their “safety, and the safety of the public was in jeopardy because of this dog’s vicious behavior, and determined lethal force was necessary.”

Four shots were fired to kill her.

The department’s investigation will attempt to determine “whether the shooting was within department policy,” Collins said in the news release.

“At this point it is inappropriate for us to reach any conclusions until our review is completed. We will be waiting for the completion of our investigation and review board before making any further public comment.”

Collins told The Waterland Blog this process could take several weeks before the investigation findings are released.

But the Wrights, who live in the Woodmont area, know one thing for certain. “Rosie never showed any aggressive behavior.”

“My dog would bark at strangers in the driveway,” Deirdre Wright told The Waterland Blog on Nov. 11. “But I kind of like to know when someone’s in my front yard.” And that was it.

“At this point, I don’t know what to say,” she continued. “Rosie was a true light in my life, a companion who helped me through a very difficult time in my life.

“I can’t think of a single place where I can go where something doesn’t remind me of her. This was a senseless loss of a wonderful dog.”

Wright added, “Nothing can bring Rosie back, so the best I can do is make sure we learn a lesson from what happened.”

Rosie “had never been outside our back yard without my husband or I beside her. I think she was terrified” when confronted by the officers and cornered in the back yard.

Should a dog rescue expert been called to the scene to help the officers handle Rosie?

Wright thinks “they had one if not several opportunities to call in someone. When she was in the backyard where she was shot, she was confined. The owner would have been comfortable leaving here there” in the meantime.

A person contacted by the Waterland Blog who works in dog rescue suggested, on background, that with increasingly tight budgets, layoffs and fewer officers on patrol, police departments are less inclined to spend extra time catching dogs running loose.

Although the officers thought Rosie, who they had cornered, seemed vicious, the American Kennel Club (www.akc.org) states, “Sweetness of temperament is the hallmark of the Newfoundland; this is the most important single characteristic of the breed.”

Wright said these dogs are described as “gentle giants.”

Although the police report estimated Rosie’s weight at 200 pounds, her actual weight was 120 pounds, according to Wright. The AKC says female Newfoundlands usually weigh between 100 and 120 pounds.

http://waterlandblog.com/wp-content/images/rosiedogpolicereport.jpg

Anti Federalist
03-08-2012, 10:46 PM
With regard to the above post:

The King County Prosecutor’s Office has determined there was no criminal culpability by Des Moines Police officers involved in last month’s deadly shooting of Rosie the Newfoundland.

And an internal police department investigation found no wrongdoing on the part of the officers.

http://www.waterlandblog.com/2010/12/17/no-criminal-charges-in-police-killing-of-rosie-the-newfoundland-dog/

http://waterlandblog.com/wp-content/images/rosiedogmontage500.jpg

specsaregood
03-08-2012, 10:49 PM
//

Anti Federalist
03-08-2012, 10:55 PM
AF, are newfoundlands droolers? my wife had a bernese mountain dog, sweetest dog ever. I only knew it for a year, but there are some pics around here somewhere of it pulling her on a sled when she was a kid. when winter came, the thing lived outdoors in the cold and snow and would refuse to come in.

Yes they are and mine stays outside all winter long too.

I have a bunch of a pics posted of Jefferson on the forums.

The Bernese is said to be a forerunner of the Newf also.

specsaregood
03-08-2012, 10:58 PM
yeah, the bernese aren't droolers. :) I don't think I could handle a big time drooler.

Anti Federalist
03-08-2012, 11:01 PM
yeah, the bernese aren't droolers. :) I don't think I could handle a big time drooler.

"I've been slimed"

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?172950-Anti-fed-is-that-your-dog-in-your-sig&highlight=Jefferson+Newfoundland

DamianTV
03-09-2012, 03:27 AM
After reading threads like these, do cops really wonder why violence against cops has continued to increase?

PaulConventionWV
03-09-2012, 07:25 AM
I have:

As you well should. They would claim it was a bear and you would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of injustice in the law.

tod evans
03-09-2012, 07:59 AM
Here's a question;

Why aren't the pet owners permitted to sue the offending officer for damages in front of a jury?

If cops could be held even financially responsible for their unethical behavior this kind of BS would stop.

pcosmar
03-09-2012, 08:11 AM
Here's a question;

Why aren't the pet owners permitted to sue the offending officer for damages in front of a jury?

If cops could be held even financially responsible for their unethical behavior this kind of BS would stop.

Qualified Immunity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualified_immunity

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3642/3505264079_1efd5e18bd_o.jpg

tod evans
03-09-2012, 08:12 AM
Qualified Immunity.

I already knew the answer.......just wanted folks to think. ;)

pcosmar
03-09-2012, 08:19 AM
I already knew the answer.......just wanted folks to think. ;)

Making the "thinking" easier. ;)

Philhelm
03-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Qualified Immunity.

It doesn't stop bullets. I'm surprised that we don't have any stories of people using lethal force to defend their pets against cops.

NCGOPer_for_Paul
03-09-2012, 08:48 AM
I see so many of these cases posted here, with the victims so upset and neighbors so upset. What gets me, is why don't all these people go to the cop's residence and beat the living crap out of him? That's what our forefathers did. That's even what people who lived under tyranny in Eastern Europe did. Why do people in this country just take it?

tod evans
03-09-2012, 08:50 AM
I see so many of these cases posted here, with the victims so upset and neighbors so upset. What gets me, is why don't all these people go to the cop's residence and beat the living crap out of him? That's what our forefathers did. That's even what people who lived under tyranny in Eastern Europe did. Why do people in this country just take it?

Quite simply...fear of death.

Pericles
03-09-2012, 09:19 AM

People who think that they still have something left to lose do not take great risks, as a rule.

bolil
03-09-2012, 09:23 AM
Thanks for clouding another sunny day with the terrible truth that tyrannt has not recently "appeared" here, but has been a growing trend. Police officers MY ASS. Scumbag puppy-murderer.

Dr.3D
03-09-2012, 09:41 AM
Damn! If it were not for the fact these cops wouldn't know how to treat a puppy. I would recommend they all have one as a prerequisite to be a cop. Of course, I guess most people don't know how to treat a puppy or even a dog. Some seem to think they are some sort of lawn decoration.

Dr.3D
03-09-2012, 09:43 AM
It doesn't stop bullets. I'm surprised that we don't have any stories of people using lethal force to defend their pets against cops.

There might be one if they come around here and try doing something bad to my puppies.

Anti Federalist
03-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Quite simply...fear of death.

People who think that they still have something left to lose do not take great risks, as a rule.

That and that.

Warrior_of_Freedom
03-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Wildwood turned to crap from all the section 8 housing. I used to visit there as a kid. Went back a few years ago and someone got shot 3 blocks from the motel.

TheTexan
03-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Our world is in the greatest state of tyranny it has been since the beginning of recorded history.

This poor puppy proved it.

Jonathanm
03-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Police danger scale: Full-grown dog > Puppy > Fleeing victims > Suspicious adults > Drugs > Suspicious children > Shooting anything that moves > Lemonade stands > Tasers

I'd hate to see what would happen to a puppy running from police with marijuana in his mouth. I just thank God the police don't yet have access to nuclear warheads....

Anti Federalist
03-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Police danger scale: Full-grown dog > Puppy > Fleeing victims > Suspicious adults > Drugs > Suspicious children > Shooting anything that moves > Lemonade stands > Tasers

I'd hate to see what would happen to a puppy running from police with marijuana in his mouth. I just thank God the police don't yet have access to nuclear warheads....

They're getting there. Tanks and APCs and drones and heavily armed gunboats are the norm.

NYPD has anti aircraft missiles. http://gizmodo.com/5843797/does-the-nypd-seriously-have-its-own-surface+to+air-missiles

Won't be too long before they won't even have to go out on calls, they'll just vaporize us with HellFire missiles launched from the "war room" at the cop shop.

Jonathanm
03-09-2012, 09:57 PM
They're getting there. Tanks and APCs and drones and heavily armed gunboats are the norm.

NYPD has anti aircraft missiles. http://gizmodo.com/5843797/does-the-nypd-seriously-have-its-own-surface+to+air-missiles

Won't be too long before they won't even have to go out on calls, they'll just vaporize us with HellFire missiles launched from the "war room" at the cop shop.

So ridiculous. If you need the firepower of anti aircraft missiles, and tanks, then shouldn't you just be calling in the national guard? Also, how exactly does one invade America with significant aircraft forces, and NOT get seen before they hit the mainland? I was under the impression we had the best military technology on the planet.

On the other hand, if another 9/11 were to theoretically be prevented by these anti-aircraft missiles, wouldn't the debris then rain down on a heavily populated environment, potentially causing just as much devastation, but in a wider area of effect? I don't know much about these anti-aircraft missiles, so I'm not sure how much debris would even be left. Just a thought.

Anti Federalist
03-09-2012, 10:32 PM
On the other hand, if another 9/11 were to theoretically be prevented by these anti-aircraft missiles, wouldn't the debris then rain down on a heavily populated environment, potentially causing just as much devastation, but in a wider area of effect? I don't know much about these anti-aircraft missiles, so I'm not sure how much debris would even be left. Just a thought.

Enough.

Generally they are heat seeking and will fly up the engine discharge, blow it off the pylon and probably destroy the control hydraulics or wiring.

But enough of 120 some odd tons of aircraft and fuel will come crashing down somewhere to do some severe damage.

Anti Federalist
03-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Bump.

That is all.

Anti Federalist
03-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Group supports owners of shot dog

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/group-supports-owners-shot-dog/nLPzJ/

EVERETT Wash. —
The owners of a dog fatally shot by police officers spent Friday afternoon at the Snohomish County Superior Court, and were supported in their case by an animal rights advocacy group.

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/img/photos/2012/03/09/3a/fb/rosie_t670.jpg?2663c383ae3146e1f47ef3bf52e57c5fcac ce698

The Wright family is seeking justice for their Newfoundland, Rosie, who was killed by Des Moines Police Department officers.

Officers received a call in November 2010 reporting a dog that was loose in traffic. After the chasing the dog, police officers shot the dog.

Pasado’s Safe Haven, the advocacy group, gathered in front of the court for a peaceful protest.

Amber Chenoweth, a spokeswoman for the haven, told KIRO 7 the group protested to ask the court justice for the dog.

"She was basically chased into a secure area, a fenced-in area surrounded by blackberry bushes, and then was shot to death by police officers in front of another family with young children. We feel there are other options, and it did not have to come to this," Chenoweth said.

The judge dismissed the case because of statute of limitation issues.

Krugerrand
03-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Can you post the "Law Enforcement Pitbull Identification Guide" please?
Sorry for taking so long ... I don't have the time I used to.

This is what I could put together quickly ... feel free to improve upon it. (Inspired by AK-47 version.)

http://i55.tinypic.com/281yiv8.jpg

Krugerrand
03-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Anybody know what the ASPCA, PETA, etc are doing about all these dog shootings?

Nothing - they believe in statism more than their 'pet' causes. To advance they so called issues, they need a police state, so they need a powerful state to put it in place.

Lot of talk here on violence in return. It's really hard to fight the law and win. So, I'm not sure that a dog is worth losing one's own life and liberty over. A better solution is public humiliation. Courts are resistant to step on the right to free speech.

Here's a quick version of what I envision:

http://i51.tinypic.com/24ci1r8.jpg

Imagine if he had to drive with his family past these billboards every day. Send a little write up to all his neighbors and to any group to which you can find he belongs.

Anti Federalist
07-15-2012, 04:23 PM
bump