PDA

View Full Version : Jan 2 Money Bomb idea?

seapilot
11-13-2007, 06:52 PM
Battle of Princeton

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know there are many ideas and dates for other money bombs and for now we need to concentrate on Tea Party07 on Dec. 16th. They seem to work well around a theme and date to remember. I had an idea for the next following date should be right before the Iowa Caucus on Jan 3rd. Another round of free advertising after the holiday bashes when people will be focused on the primarys. I propose Jan 2nd as The Cannon Ball money bomb. This is a very historic battle involving George Washington and was a turning point in the revolution in and the Battle of Princeton was on Jan 3, 1777. Here is a little history:

On the 30th of December, George Washington made an impassioned plea to a regiment whose enlistments were about to expire. No one stepped forth to stay. Once again Washington spoke "My brave fellows, you have done all I asked you to do and more than could reasonably be expected. But your country is at stake, your wives, your houses, and all that you hold dear. You have worn yourselves out with fatigues and hardships, but we know not how to spare you. If you will consent to stay only one month longer, you will render that service to the cause of liberty and to your country which you probably never can do under any other circumstances. The present is emphatically the crisis which is to decide our destiny."
Again the drums rolled, calling for men to step forward, and finally about half the men step out to reenlist. Other officers speak to other regiments with the same success. With the other troops on hand, it will have to be enough. If Washington could maintain the initiative, he might save the Revolution. If he loses a battle at this critical time, it was thought the revolution would collapse.

Here is an interesting thing that happened during the battle. The Americans brought up cannon, and took two shots at the building where British Troops were. The first bounced off, but the second entered the main room where the troops were holding, and allegedly decapitated a picture of King George the 2nd on the wall. The British in Nassau Hall surrendered.

The British, who lost 86 killed and wounded at Princeton and two hundred captured, were now ordered by Howe to abandon NJ, except for a line from Perth Amboy to New Brunswick. Washington, who had about 40 killed and wounded at Princeton, had now driven the British from most of New Jersey, in what is called the Ten Crucial Days., from Dec. 25th to Jan. 3rd.

the Revolution now had a chance, morale was improved, and the people once again believed they could stand and face the enemy troops. The British outrages in the invasion of NJ had turned many previously on the fence to the side of the rebels, paper money was acceptable once more and the rebel government and army found support again. Washington had learned to fight not the main British army, but its outposts, forcing the British to give up any effort to control the hinterlands of America. The French government, encouraged by the British defeats, released supplies to the American war effort. In England, the royal government started losing support for the war. The Crisis was past, even if severe hardship and fighting were yet ahead, in a long and bitter struggle for freedom and independence.

Cannon Ball money BomB?

RPFTW!
11-13-2007, 06:54 PM
I'd give at least 1 month between Dec 16 and the new money bomb.

Sematary
11-13-2007, 06:55 PM
I keep saying January 20th - EXACTLY one year before he is sworn in. :)
You'd think that idea would pick up more traction. Hmm....

JJ2K1
11-13-2007, 06:57 PM
no

AlexMerced
11-13-2007, 06:57 PM
Blah, I've down seena new years eve, new years day (sorry), and now dec 2nd money bomb... wait until Dec. 16th to announce anymore plans please. If you want make the website, but keep it under wraps and focus your efforts on teaparty07.org I want to see it be soooo big.

adpierce
11-13-2007, 07:01 PM
no, absolutely not the Iowa Caucus is on January 3rd. That's not enough time to use the money to effect the first two real tests of this election season. Give EVERYTHING December 16th! I'm sick of alternate days being thrown around. The 16th is a key date not just for it's historical significance but for it's proximity to the first primaries. That makes it so that the campaign can actually run a powerful ad campaign right before the primaries.

Jordan
11-13-2007, 07:02 PM
I keep saying January 20th - EXACTLY one year before he is sworn in. :)
You'd think that idea would pick up more traction. Hmm....

+1

koob
11-13-2007, 07:20 PM
one bomb at a time thanks.

theoddmonkey
11-13-2007, 07:24 PM
no, absolutely not the Iowa Caucus is on January 3rd. That's not enough time to use the money to effect the first two real tests of this election season. Give EVERYTHING December 16th! I'm sick of alternate days being thrown around. The 16th is a key date not just for it's historical significance but for it's proximity to the first primaries. That makes it so that the campaign can actually run a powerful ad campaign right before the primaries.

ditto.

Edward
11-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Too early to decide. As others have mentioned, the Iowa caucus is the next day so it won't get much press even if it raises $20 million.

Taco John
11-13-2007, 09:22 PM
If we're going to do a money bomb in January, we need to do it to commemorate another revolutionary, Dr. Martin Luther King.

Taco John
11-13-2007, 09:25 PM
I just purchased www.ihaveadream08.com

It would be great to do some mashups with Dr. Paul and Dr. Martin Luther King...

nyrgoal99
11-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Battle of Princeton

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know there are many ideas and dates for other money bombs and for now we need to concentrate on Tea Party07 on Dec. 16th. They seem to work well around a theme and date to remember. I had an idea for the next following date should be right before the Iowa Caucus on Jan 3rd. Another round of free advertising after the holiday bashes when people will be focused on the primarys. I propose Jan 2nd as The Cannon Ball money bomb. This is a very historic battle involving George Washington and was a turning point in the revolution in and the Battle of Princeton was on Jan 3, 1777. Here is a little history:

On the 30th of December, George Washington made an impassioned plea to a regiment whose enlistments were about to expire. No one stepped forth to stay. Once again Washington spoke "My brave fellows, you have done all I asked you to do and more than could reasonably be expected. But your country is at stake, your wives, your houses, and all that you hold dear. You have worn yourselves out with fatigues and hardships, but we know not how to spare you. If you will consent to stay only one month longer, you will render that service to the cause of liberty and to your country which you probably never can do under any other circumstances. The present is emphatically the crisis which is to decide our destiny."
Again the drums rolled, calling for men to step forward, and finally about half the men step out to reenlist. Other officers speak to other regiments with the same success. With the other troops on hand, it will have to be enough. If Washington could maintain the initiative, he might save the Revolution. If he loses a battle at this critical time, it was thought the revolution would collapse.

Here is an interesting thing that happened during the battle. The Americans brought up cannon, and took two shots at the building where British Troops were. The first bounced off, but the second entered the main room where the troops were holding, and allegedly decapitated a picture of King George the 2nd on the wall. The British in Nassau Hall surrendered.

The British, who lost 86 killed and wounded at Princeton and two hundred captured, were now ordered by Howe to abandon NJ, except for a line from Perth Amboy to New Brunswick. Washington, who had about 40 killed and wounded at Princeton, had now driven the British from most of New Jersey, in what is called the Ten Crucial Days., from Dec. 25th to Jan. 3rd.

the Revolution now had a chance, morale was improved, and the people once again believed they could stand and face the enemy troops. The British outrages in the invasion of NJ had turned many previously on the fence to the side of the rebels, paper money was acceptable once more and the rebel government and army found support again. Washington had learned to fight not the main British army, but its outposts, forcing the British to give up any effort to control the hinterlands of America. The French government, encouraged by the British defeats, released supplies to the American war effort. In England, the royal government started losing support for the war. The Crisis was past, even if severe hardship and fighting were yet ahead, in a long and bitter struggle for freedom and independence.

Cannon Ball money BomB?

ONE AT A TIME!!!!

WE need a massive showing Dec 16th, the world will be watching

weatherbill
11-13-2007, 09:27 PM
let's stay focused on promoting the 16th.....no division with the focus here

Paul4Prez
11-13-2007, 09:28 PM
The best time for a January money bomb would be right after Ron Paul has done well in the early primaries, and about a week before the big Florida primary on January 29th, sometime during the week of January 21st-25th. The money would come in too late for Florida, but the news would help, and the cash would be good to go for the February 5th Super Tuesday.

Taco John
11-13-2007, 09:29 PM
let's stay focused on promoting the 16th.....no division with the focus here

I don't want to divide the focus... I think that a small group of us might start looking ahead though so that we can be ready right out of the gates.

Edward
11-13-2007, 09:30 PM
The best time for a January money bomb would be right after Ron Paul has done well in the early primaries, and about a week before the big Florida primary on January 29th, sometime during the week of January 21st-25th. The money would come in too late for Florida, but the news would help, and the cash would be good to go for the February 5th Super Tuesday.Amen. I like this line of thinking rather than always attempting to tie into some symbolic day.

Taco John
11-13-2007, 09:31 PM
The best time for a January money bomb would be right after Ron Paul has done well in the early primaries, and about a week before the big Florida primary on January 29th, sometime during the week of January 21st-25th. The money would come in too late for Florida, but the news would help, and the cash would be good to go for the February 5th Super Tuesday.

I disagree... The best time for a money bomb is BEFORE the primaries, to give another show of strength that assures primary voters that Ron Paul is real and viable. It does us no good to money bomb after the primaries if Dr. Paul doesn't get the showing we hope for. We need to do something early.

schmeisser
11-13-2007, 09:34 PM
December 16th should be the LAST money bomb. If this is as big as expected, there will be nothing left to prove and only room for disappointment. Steady donations after this with maybe a few small boosts here and there. It will be more important to provide the campaign with a consistent cash flow through the primary season.

conner_condor
11-13-2007, 09:40 PM
We need to get out on foot and do some work people. Money alone will not win if he is not known. Need to set up promote RP days. Days where everyone hits the streets the same time to get him attention. Get a few people to pick a spot in every city and town in the country for a few hrs during rush hrs on the same day. I am talking every city and town across America on the same day.If we got none in that city or town we put some there from another. This will show our numbers also.

Son of Freedom
11-13-2007, 09:59 PM
I would gladly pay for the domain and all related costs of setting up a Money Bomb to coincide with the State of the Union address. I would be honored to do this.

I think the timing is good because it adds another boost as the primaries swing into action. It also sends a clear message. Most people don't believe the state of the union is in a very good state these days. Look America, here's your option.

Let me know what you think. I am trying to find out if a date has been set for this, it seems to vary year to year. Anywhere from mid Jan to early Feb.

Currently the NH Primary is Tuesday January 22 and it looks like a lot of the State of the Union addresses have fallen on Tuesdays also. Might those two coincide?

I would do the money a few days before that so it hits the media and people in NH might say to themselves, hmm, looks like a vote for Ron Paul really will mean something. He can win.

seapilot
11-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Good points everyone. Just was reading about the Revolution and thought that was an inspirational story to share. Ok back to writing some letters to undecided voters in Iowa.

amakris
11-13-2007, 11:04 PM
Bad idea. You don't want one person having this thought:
"Oh, I'll just wait two weeks for the January one"

Focus, focus, focus.