PDA

View Full Version : Resolution Calls for Impeachment if Obama Does Not Seek War Authorization from Congress

John F Kennedy III
03-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Resolution Calls for Impeachment if Obama Does Not Seek War Authorization from Congress

Kurt Nimmo
Infowars.com
March 8, 2012

Rep. Walter Jones, a North Carolina Republican, has introduced H. Concurrent Resolution 107, which calls on the House, the Senate Concurring, to prevent Obama from starting another war without authorization from Congress. The resolution was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary on March 7.

http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/01380/Obama03_jpg_1380971cl-8.jpg

Obama’s unconstitutional decision to involve the U.S. in the illegal attack on Libya without the consent of Congress motivated at least some members of the House of Representatives to demand an explanation. On June 3 of last year, the House passed a resolution demanding that the president provide an explanation to the American people, a request that was ignored by Obama and his administration.

Rep. Jones’ resolution states that any use of military force by Obama without explicit consent and authorization of Congress constitutes an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor under article II, section 4 of the Constitution.

It will be interesting to see if the resolution makes it out the Committee on the Judiciary. It was virtually ignored by the corporate establishment media.

The resolution reads as follows:

“IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
March 7, 2012

Mr. JONES submitted the following concurrent resolution; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

CONCURRENT RESOLUTION

Expressing the sense of Congress that the use of offensive military force by a President without prior and clear authorization of an Act of Congress constitutes an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor under article II, section 4 of the Constitution.

Whereas the cornerstone of the Republic is honoring Congress’s exclusive power to declare war under article I, section 8, clause 11 of the Constitution: Now, therefore, be it Resolved by the House of Representatives (the Senate concurring), That it is the sense of Congress that, except in response to an actual or imminent attack against the territory of the United States, the use of offensive military force by a President without prior and clear authorization of an Act of Congress violates Congress’s exclusive power to declare war under article I, section 8, clause 11 of the Constitution and therefore constitutes an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor under article II, section 4 of the Constitution.”

read full text here:http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c112:H.CON.RES.107:

article here:
http://www.infowars.com/resolution-calls-for-impeachment-if-obama-does-not-see-war-authorization-from-congress/

PaulSoHard
03-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Walter Jones doing this country a good deed by calling out the president to ask for a declaration of war from Congress.

Rep. Jones has also endorsed Ron Paul so its pretty cool that he's doing his part as an official to support Ron.

Travlyr
03-08-2012, 04:35 PM
"The Times They Are A-Changin (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCWdCKPtnYE)"

ZENemy
03-08-2012, 04:41 PM
"The Times They Are A-Changin (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCWdCKPtnYE)"

Best version of that song on youtube!!

Gray Fullbuster
03-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Please impeach him.

Please

Gravik
03-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Please impeach him.

Please
But then we'd have biden in office....

LCG8928
03-08-2012, 05:24 PM
But then we'd have biden in office....

I don't think Biden could wage as good of a campaign as Obama and it would of course be a huge blow to the Democrats reelection efforts if Obama was impeached. Anyhow lets hope this bill gets out of the committee.

alucard13mmfmj
03-08-2012, 05:25 PM
a few things...

-will they impeach obama if it is to "support" israel to attack iran?
-how come it is only a misdemeanor? what does the president have to do to get a felony? lol
-joe biden will be very easy to beat if obama gets impeached... he wont have the black support.

JK/SEA
03-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Please impeach him.

Please

we could put mickey mouse in as president and nothing would change...NO ONE BUT PAUL.

Feelgood
03-08-2012, 05:38 PM
For the love of GOD! Can wee PLEASE stop posting link from conspiracy theory sites? How many times must it be said we need to steer clear of nut jobs like Jones or Ventura etc. We dont need the guilt by association stigma of being linked to these nut jobs! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE start deleting threads that link to these sites!!!!

I implore you mods!

Pisces
03-08-2012, 05:40 PM
For the love of GOD! Can wee PLEASE stop posting link from conspiracy theory sites? How many times must it be said we need to steer clear of nut jobs like Jones or Ventura etc. We dont need the guilt by association stigma of being linked to these nut jobs! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE start deleting threads that link to these sites!!!!

I implore you mods!

Drudge Report posts links to Infowars, why shouldn't we?

Travlyr
03-08-2012, 05:47 PM

I implore you mods!
You seriously can not be in favor of liberty if you believe what you just wrote. Alex Jones is one of us.

donnay
03-08-2012, 05:48 PM

I implore you mods!

Could you stop whining and please call your senator and congressperson and implore them to sign on to impeachment proceedings, now!

Okie RP fan
03-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Drudge posts stuff from Infowars all the time.

I think a lot stuff AJ and IW posts is crazy, and they lost credibility this past fall (after they boldly predicted an outright economic collapse and a ground war in Libya) but I think their actions are bold and it's a great alternative news site.

angelatc
03-08-2012, 05:49 PM

I implore you mods!

Rep Walter Jones is a conspiracy nut?

alucard13mmfmj
03-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Not all conspiracies... are "conspiracies" XD.....

Crotale
03-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Not relevant to Grassroots Central.

Revolution9
03-08-2012, 06:10 PM

I implore you mods!

West Palm Beach. Figures. Chill the fuck out.

Rev9

Revolution9
03-08-2012, 06:11 PM
Not relevant to Grassroots Central.

It is certainly a talking point against obots.

Rev9

The Binghamton Patriot
03-08-2012, 06:16 PM

I implore you mods!

SHUT THE FUCK UP STOP DENYING REALITY

Revolution9
03-08-2012, 06:16 PM
You seriously can not be in favor of liberty if you believe what you just wrote. Alex Jones is one of us.

He isn't in favor of liberty. He just wants a safe mortgage and a tax break. He is from West Palm Beach for crissakes. None of those people are awake., They are in a material nightmare of epic mortality. I am tired of being referred to as a nutjob by absolute morons who couldn't figure out Colonel Mustard did it with the Candlestick in the Kitchen when it is the only choice left.. Now he will report I called him a moron and not that he called a whole swath of us nutjobs. Now watch him cover his sorry ass by saying he wasn't calling us nutjobs but Alex Jones.. As though the euphemism cast was not intended for all targets.

Rev9

frickettz
03-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Why doesn't Ron put forth aggressive measures such as this???

John F Kennedy III
03-08-2012, 06:26 PM
SHUT THE FUCK UP STOP DENYING REALITY

THIS!

JJ2
03-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Even this is not Constitutional. Please, not more "authorization of the use of force" garbage--for Syria, Iran, or any other nation!!!

I appreciate the move by Rep. Jones, though. It's a good start at least.

Travlyr
03-08-2012, 06:27 PM
He isn't in favor of liberty. He just wants a safe mortgage and a tax break. He is from West Palm Beach for crissakes. None of those people are awake., They are in a material nightmare of epic mortality. I am tired of being referred to as a nutjob by absolute morons who couldn't figure out Colonel Mustard did it with the Candlestick in the Kitchen when it is the only choice left.. Now he will report I called him a moron and not that he called a whole swath of us nutjobs. Now watch him cover his sorry ass by saying he wasn't calling us nutjobs but Alex Jones.. As though the euphemism cast was not intended for all targets.

Rev9
And This!

donnay
03-08-2012, 06:32 PM

Rev9

+rep!!

pen_thief
03-08-2012, 06:37 PM
I am tired of being referred to as a nutjob by absolute morons who couldn't figure out Colonel Mustard did it with the Candlestick in the Kitchen when it is the only choice left..

Rev9

http://static.fjcdn.com/large/pictures/b0/a2/b0a251_1211990.gif

DerailingDaTrain
03-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Nice job NC

BuddyRey
03-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Walter Jones is one of the only non-interventionist conservatives left in Congress. I'm so glad to have him representing North Carolina, even though it's not my district.

What's really incredible is that Jones used to be a neoconservative, but had a change of heart (real, and reflected in his record) after it became obvious that the Iraq War was a mistake. It's an individual of rare integrity and honesty who can admit that his most deeply held convictions were wrong and actively work to make amends for it.