PDA

View Full Version : Red Light Ticket, in Houston??

RileyE104
03-08-2012, 06:41 AM
Well, I always considered everywhere I live around to be Houston but apparently League City isn't part of Houston??
Therefore the recent denial of red-light cameras doesn't uphold there?

I got a red-light ticket in the mail today from them for $75.
Should I just pay it?

I'm really pissed off too because yes, I did "run a red-light" but it was literally only one second after it turned and my only reason for doing it was that I was in a rush and there was NO traffic around. I mean, why in the f&$^ would I want to force myself to wait at a light like that...

kylejack
03-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Definitely not Houston city limits.

DamianTV
03-08-2012, 11:43 AM
What is the latest news on the asshole judge that said even though the people dont want it, they still have to use Red Light Cameras because it was "Contract Law"? In essence, the judge said that Govt Contracts are more important than the Law of the Land. Well, Im gonna move there, make a new company, and by contract, get everyone who doesnt buy my product or service be fined by the City, there by increasing my crappy business.

However, be glad the Automated Traffic Camera doesnt come with a Gun installed that Automatically shoots you. Just pay the ticket, you are still alive.

kylejack
03-08-2012, 12:38 PM
What is the latest news on the asshole judge that said even though the people dont want it, they still have to use Red Light Cameras because it was "Contract Law"? In essence, the judge said that Govt Contracts are more important than the Law of the Land. Well, Im gonna move there, make a new company, and by contract, get everyone who doesnt buy my product or service be fined by the City, there by increasing my crappy business.
That's not what he said. New measures that are enacted can only be challenged by ballot recall within 30 days, and they filed the ballot recall way way late.

Regardless, our mayor paid to get out of the contract, so red light cameras are done in Houston. Have to be careful in unincorporated areas, though, like League City, Jersey Village, and Bellaire.