PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee delegates listed by Sec. of State (intruiging)

eleganz
03-08-2012, 01:44 AM
I'm sure some of you will count the totals for each candidate and see how we stack up :)

I don't know their process but one of you guys will figure this out.

http://tnsos.org/elections/2012Delegates.php?showall

rich34
03-08-2012, 01:53 AM
No Santorum delegates? But he won the beaty contest lol

dillo
03-08-2012, 01:58 AM
wtf

unknown
03-08-2012, 01:59 AM
No Santorum delegates? But he won the beaty contest lol

I thought I spelled his name wrong, lol. hahahahaaaaaaaa

fatjohn
03-08-2012, 02:04 AM
if this is true it is bad. that means more delegates for us but more importantly more delegares for mitt. if frothy fucks up there wont be a brokeeed convention.

J_White
03-08-2012, 02:20 AM
approx counts

Romney 48
Paul 35
Grinch 34
Perry 27 (what are they supposed to do now ?)
Huntsman 3

puckett6000
03-08-2012, 02:24 AM
I am from Tennessee, i thought there were only 55 or so delegates to come out of TN?

Aratus
03-08-2012, 02:55 AM
was that the list the voters were given tuesday in tennessee and from that list we get tampa delegates?

BamaAla
03-08-2012, 02:59 AM
Someone want to tell me what the heck this means? Santorum wins at the polls but will have no delegates? I don't know what I'm looking at.

Aratus
03-08-2012, 03:05 AM
there are a myriad of reasons as to why rick santorum and newt gingrich failed to get enough legitimate
signatures to qualify for the virginia ballot. the failure here in tennessee only compounds the mistake in VA.

kylejack
03-08-2012, 03:14 AM
What you're looking at is the slate submitted by the campaigns.

Each district gets 3 delegates. Each candidate submits a slate of delegates, up to 3 per district. Then depending on how each candidate does in each district, you get to play your delegates. If you do well in a district where you didn't submit delegates, BAD NEWS. Uncommitted delegates get selected instead of delegates for you. Rick Santorum had this problem in Ohio. Even though he did great, there are a bunch of districts where he won and gets no delegates because he didn't submit a full slate.

Now moving on to our fortunes: If any candidate gets at least 20% in a district, the next candidate must also get at least 20% to get any delegate/s out of that district. The third place candidate in the district gets nothing. We got absolutely destroyed in every single district. As best as I can see, we finished fourth in every single district: http://www.google.com/elections/ed/us/results/2012/gop-primary/tn So therefore we get no delegates.

Rules, for reference:

Tuesday 6 March 2012: 55 of Tennessee's 58 delegates to the Republican National Convention are pledged to presidential contenders in today's Tennessee Presidential Primary.

27 district delegates, 3 from each of the 9 congressional districts, are to be allocated to the presidential contenders based on the primary results in each congressional district. [ByLaws of the Tennessee Republican Party. Article IX. Rule C. Section 1. and Section 4A.]

If a candidate receives more than 2/3 of the vote in a congressional district, that candidate receives all 3 delegates.
Otherwise, if only 1 candidate receives 20% or more of the vote, that candidate receives all 3 delegates.
Otherwise, if 2 or more candidates receive more than 20% of the vote, the highest vote getter receives 2 delegates and the next highest vote getter receives 1 delegate.
Otherwise, the top 3 vote getters each receive 1 delegate.
The district delegates are directly elected and appear on the primary ballot.

The 28 At-Large delegates are bound "winner-take-most" to presidential contenders based on the primary results statewide. [Article IX. Rule C. Section 1. and Section 4B.]

If a candidate receives more than 2/3 of the vote statewide, that candidate receives all 28 delegates.
Otherwise, if only 1 candidate receives 20% or more of the vote, that candidate receives all 28 delegates.
Otherwise, if 2 or more candidates receive more than 20% of the vote, the delegates are distributed proportionally to those candidates receiving more than 20% of the statewide vote. (Here, the "total qualified vote" is the total number of votes cast to those candidates receiving more than 20% of the statewide vote.)
Otherwise, delegates are distributed proportionally. (The "total qualified vote" = total statewide vote.)
One half of the at-large delegates are directly elected and appear on the primary ballot.

As to Santorum submitting 0 delegates for TN, is that really possible?! Wow. If so I believe that means he gets nothing from the district votes. If I'm reading correctly, he can still take the at-large delegates.

kylejack
03-08-2012, 03:16 AM
AP scores TN delegates as:

Santorum 26
Romney 12
Gingrich 9

Santorum absolutely dominated every region in the state, so yeah, I'd say Santorum screwed himself out of some delegates by not turning in a slate.

digitaldean
03-08-2012, 03:41 AM
Paul people need to become delegates for Newt/Santorum/Mitt so we can then flip to Paul on the 2nd or 3rd vote at the brokered convention.

BarryDonegan
03-08-2012, 04:00 AM
I am from TN. Santorum will get no delegates from here because the process being carried out is for the state executive committee to work with the "santorum campaign" to find delegates. There was literally no Santorum campaign here, so no delegate can be trusted as the SEC consists of lots of Romney delegates. Santorum just didn't have the organization to beat both sides of the activists in this state. haha

MooCowzRock
03-08-2012, 04:02 AM
Man, Santorum has no idea what he is doing...He is going to mess this up for all of us, haha...

jbauer
03-08-2012, 08:55 AM
I'm midway between Knoxville and Nashville and there was delegates on Sanscrotums ballot here. I will say that it seemed different then last time for delgates. You had a big list of names and if you didn't know the names it was hard to know who's were who's.

Although we didn't win here even through our best efforts, we were organized and able to vote for RP delegates and identify the at large RP supporters and vote for them.

WD-NY
03-08-2012, 08:56 AM
I am from TN. Santorum will get no delegates from here because the process being carried out is for the state executive committee to work with the "santorum campaign" to find delegates. There was literally no Santorum campaign here, so no delegate can be trusted as the SEC consists of lots of Romney delegates. Santorum just didn't have the organization to beat both sides of the activists in this state. haha

No organization and yet he wins the state by a mile?? Wtf!?

TXcarlosTX
03-08-2012, 08:58 AM
Paul people need to become delegates for Newt/Santorum/Mitt so we can then flip to Paul on the 2nd or 3rd vote at the brokered convention.

This is the type of ninja liberty tactics we will need to win!

tsai3904
03-08-2012, 10:32 AM
If you do well in a district where you didn't submit delegates, BAD NEWS. Uncommitted delegates get selected instead of delegates for you.

As to Santorum submitting 0 delegates for TN, is that really possible?! Wow. If so I believe that means he gets nothing from the district votes. If I'm reading correctly, he can still take the at-large delegates.

In Tennessee, if a candidate wins delegates but did not submit any to the Secretary of State, the TN GOP will select delegates for you. Santorum will not miss out on any delegates in TN and they will be bound to vote for him in 2 ballots if he is still in the race.

kylejack
03-08-2012, 11:19 AM
In Tennessee, if a candidate wins delegates but did not submit any to the Secretary of State, the TN GOP will select delegates for you. Santorum will not miss out on any delegates in TN and they will be bound to vote for him in 2 ballots if he is still in the race.
aha, makes sense.