PDA

View Full Version : To Campaign: Increase the Urgency of Donations, GOTV, etc.

Philosophy_of_Politics
03-07-2012, 11:02 PM
The morale is low, because many people who will vote for Ron Paul, don't understand the delegate process. They don't know how many delegates we actually have, or our chance of winning. They assume our overall chance is pretty much impossible at this point. This is creating disenchanted supporters, and pushing many people away who have the preconceived notion that Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance. Morale needs to be increased by the campaign. Of course, a win would have generated this by itself, but we have to resolve this with more hard-work. Not only do we need to make more use of the facebook, but we need to use more urgent words in our e-mails. We need to create a sense of urgency, perhaps reveal a tiny secret or have RP make a prediction of what's to come. This needs to push many, captivate, motivate, and generate momentum from within the support-base.

slacker921
03-08-2012, 06:47 PM
.... Not only do we need to make more use of the facebook, but we need to use more urgent words in our e-mails. We need to create a sense of urgency, perhaps reveal a tiny secret or have RP make a prediction of what's to come. ....

Maybe you're on a different e-mail list than me. Here's a few snippets from a recent e-mail:

Most will be decided several weeks, or even months, from now at District and State conventions - conventions where our local delegates will have a big say in who goes to Tampa.
In fact, while I didn't win any state's straw polls, my team expects me to win a plurality of delegates in at least three states, as well as outright majorities in two more of the states that have already started their process.
Of course, the media totally ignores this story - as they have consistently ignored our message, our passion, and our grassroots army.

(I didn't add the underlines... )

If so, I MUST have your continued support today, tomorrow, and in the coming weeks.

You can show your support by signing the CARRY ON Pledge HERE. I really urge you to take the pledge, as without your support my efforts won't make enough of a difference.

And then, frankly, there’s something else I must ask you to do. I ask you to again make a contribution, even if it is a smaller contribution of $25 or $50 to my campaign. As you know, we run a debt-free campaign, and we pushed our resources to do all we could on Super Tuesday.

Click to sign

Your pledge and your contribution are critical to keeping this campaign running for the upcoming fights in other states, as well as finishing our strong efforts in key caucus states that are already underway.

The letters I get in the mail are the same annoying mix of underlines and all caps on top of a sensationalized beg letter.

I totally agree with the need to increase the GOTV efforts. From what I understand the Super Tuesday voters got nothing from Paul asking them to call all their friends and family and get them to go vote for Paul. So few bothered to do that. Just about every report from voting on Tuesday the people were proud of going and voting... by themselves. If the Paul campaign had gotten those people to understand that in many states it just takes one extra person per voting precinct to make the difference between him finishing second or third and FIRST then maybe they would have gotten on the phone to their friends and pulled in some votes for Paul.

And what I would like to see? My district convention is in a couple of weeks. At that convention we'll vote for three delegates to the national convention. I'd love to get an e-mail from the Paul campaign urging me to go to it and vote for a certain delegate candidate or two. I'd love to know that there will be other Paul supporters joining me in this effort and the Paul campaign has the list of supporters. We're having a rally for Paul supporters in a couple of weeks... will the Paul campaign be there distributing signs and bumper stickers so we can all take them and spread them across the state so they can do some good for a few weeks before our district conventions and the state primary?? Seeing those kinds of things addressed by the campaign would indicate to me that the Paul campaign is going to make an effort in my state.

As it is the "urgency" for me to really get involved is very low. All indications I get from the campaign are that they just need more money.. and they aren't really looking for me to do anything more.