PDA

View Full Version : How the hell is Gingrich still polling so high?

jwhitmore
03-07-2012, 07:57 PM
I can understand Romney, obviously, and even Santorum. But after Gingrich's dismal showing yesterday, how on earth is he polling higher (albeit by a tiny margin) above Ron Paul? At least Paul will still be in the race by the first day of Spring. Gingrich won't be unless he wins ALL the Southern states that are voting between now and then.

EDIT: I just noticed that the poll has been conducted all week, including pre-Super Tuesday results. So I guess it is a little more understandable. But still...anyone with any common sense knew he was done even before yesterday.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-07-2012, 08:00 PM
I can understand Romney, obviously, and even Santorum. But after Gingrich's dismal showing yesterday, how on earth is he polling higher (albeit by a tiny margin) above Ron Paul? At least Paul will still be in the race by the first day of Spring. Gingrich won't be unless he wins ALL the Southern states that are voting between now and then.

Do you really want to go down the road of Gingrich's "dismal showing" yesterday?

jwhitmore
03-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Meaning what? That he did better than Ron Paul? Because he didn't. Ron Paul did pretty much as good as anyone in his camp expected.. MAYBE one of this 4th place states could/should have been a 3rd or 2nd. But that is it. Otherwise he did fine. Gingrich, on the other hand, was esxpected to do much better. He lost 2 southern states that he sure was expecting to at least make close.

The difference is, Gingrich is trying to win. And despuite what RP's campaign manager is saying, Ron Paul is in it for delegates. And no...I am not even saying he is in it for 1144 delegates. He is in it for as many as he can get. Because the more delegates he gets, the more leverage he has at the convention. Not to win the nomination. But to be heard. And to help for the FUTURE.

Gingrich's campaign was about this year. He clearly failed miserably yesterday. Ron Paul's campaign is about next year. And the year after that, and the year after that, and the year......(you get the idea.) And while it may not have been a big WIN yesterday for Ron Paul, it is doubtful it was a failure.

Besides...even with Gingrich's win, I would STILL prefer the showings of RP over Gingrich. If they were PGA golfers and each state was like a different tournament, it is likely that Ron PAul would have emerged with more prize money and rankings points. All those 4th places...and missing the cut at the Virginia Open...would have not made as much money as a bunch of secconds and thirds. After all...we know Phil Mickelson, despite being second fiddle to Tiger for so many years. But even as a golf fan, I can't even begin to guess who was ranked 3rd or 4th for most of the last decade.

Lishy
03-08-2012, 12:58 AM
Ignorant people are convinced he is running a campaign of optimism, and that he's a "nice guy" I mean, if you actually watch his speeches, it's scary how much of a liar he is...

As for those who aren't ignorant.. Well, I know many arrogant Christians.

ZENemy
03-08-2012, 01:12 AM
3 Letters

MSM

Brian4Liberty
03-08-2012, 01:58 AM
"Gingrich is a genius and he's the only one who can debate Obama."

Repeat the above a thousand times. It's all the misinformed masses will know. Propaganda 101.