PDA

View Full Version : Grassroots on the move in my neck of the woods.

kathy88
03-07-2012, 07:36 PM
After a lousy day yesterday, both personally and politically I got home and logged in to our local weekly paper. They had printed my editorial for the second week in a row. I met a woman tonight who is active in the county GOP Women's group and she invited me to a luncheon to meet a candidate running for rep in my district. I haven't checked him out yet, but I will. I mentioned that I probably wouldn't be too welcome, because the local paper was printing an editorial I wrote which basically called out the GOP on their shit, told her flat out I would support NOBP and that I'd tried to get involved with our county GOP four years ago and was shunned and treated like a red headed step child. We talked politics for about 15 minutes and she said we need people like me to get involved because the local GOP has no direction, etc.... I told her my background was journalism and public relations and I thought she was going to dance. So... I'm going. I told her I'm organizing an informational evening for Ron Paul before voter registration deadlines to try to get D's and independents disenchanted with Obummer to switch parties at least for the primary season and help us with RP. She was so enthusiastic about it. Like a novel idea, reach out to other parties.... LOL. I'll keep everyone posted.

nano1895
03-07-2012, 07:39 PM
yay! :)

eleganz
03-07-2012, 07:45 PM
thank you k88!

sailingaway
03-07-2012, 08:06 PM
You go, Kathy!

D.A.S.
03-07-2012, 08:39 PM
After a lousy day yesterday, both personally and politically I got home and logged in to our local weekly paper. They had printed my editorial for the second week in a row. I met a woman tonight who is active in the county GOP Women's group and she invited me to a luncheon to meet a candidate running for rep in my district. I haven't checked him out yet, but I will. I mentioned that I probably wouldn't be too welcome, because the local paper was printing an editorial I wrote which basically called out the GOP on their shit, told her flat out I would support NOBP and that I'd tried to get involved with our county GOP four years ago and was shunned and treated like a red headed step child. We talked politics for about 15 minutes and she said we need people like me to get involved because the local GOP has no direction, etc.... I told her my background was journalism and public relations and I thought she was going to dance. So... I'm going. I told her I'm organizing an informational evening for Ron Paul before voter registration deadlines to try to get D's and independents disenchanted with Obummer to switch parties at least for the primary season and help us with RP. She was so enthusiastic about it. Like a novel idea, reach out to other parties.... LOL. I'll keep everyone posted.

Wow, Kathy! Kudos to you -- this movement thrives on this kind of energy and pro-activeness.

kathy88
03-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Wow, Kathy! Kudos to you -- this movement thrives on this kind of energy and pro-activeness.

Thanks, dude. The funny thing is she said, "we need young people like you." I'm 46. LOL.

D.A.S.
03-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Thanks, dude. The funny thing is she said, "we need young people like you." I'm 46. LOL.

Aint no lie -- 46 is young! :-D

kathy88
03-08-2012, 12:29 PM
I got 50 No One But Paul bumperstickers in the mail yesterday and handed a couple out at work this morning. People are coming into my office asking for them :) :)