PDA

View Full Version : Endorse Liberty Super PAC Rethinks Spending

Just Flossin'
03-07-2012, 04:07 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0312/73733.html

kylejack
03-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Ahahaha. They piss away a bunch of money supporting Ron Paul in Florida where it was totally futile and then give up on him. I'm glad they spent so much supporting Ron Paul, but damned if their spending wasn't the most idiotic waste I've ever seen.

D.A.S.
03-07-2012, 04:11 PM
I'm not sure exactly what their spending plan was, but I recall they blew a lot of money into Florida, and if so then that was wasteful. But their ads were pretty good... Shame they jumped in so late in the game... They could have made a diff in Iowa and NH...

Jeremy
03-07-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm not sure exactly what their spending plan was, but I recall they blew a lot of money into Florida, and if so then that was wasteful. But their ads were pretty good... Shame they jumped in so late in the game... They could have made a diff in Iowa and NH... I think it was all online too. I just don't get what they were doing...

03-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Well, if they focus on congressional/senate candidates as indicated in the article, that's probably more helpful than doing anything that they were doing before.

Thomas Massie sure could use our full support, and others!

bluesc
03-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Great idea to announce it to the world.

Great at raising funds, terrible at spending it.

bluesc
03-07-2012, 04:16 PM
Thomas Massie sure could use our full support, and others!

Oh, there are others? It's hard to tell.

Jeremy
03-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Oh, there are others? It's hard to tell.

Thomas is the only non-incumbent who doesn't have an uphill battle. From what I can tell... I'm not really sure what's going on in Ron's district.

sailingaway
03-07-2012, 04:19 PM
I think it was all online too. I just don't get what they were doing...

I almost wrote a comment to that effect ( I had the first comment spot) then I reread the article and decided Politico was trying to stir up trouble. It doesn't sound like endorse liberty went to them, it sounds like Politico went to Endorse Liberty and said 'with no wins aren't you reevaluating where things stand?' and Endorse Liberty said 'Sure, but it isn't like we were in it for the win or for the short run.' essentially.

Jeremy
03-07-2012, 04:21 PM
I almost wrote a comment to that effect ( I had the first comment spot) then I reread the article and decided Politico was trying to stir up trouble. It doesn't sound like endorse liberty went to them, it sounds like Politico went to Endorse Liberty and said 'with no wins aren't you reevaluating where things stand?' and Endorse Liberty said 'Sure, but it isn't like we were in it for the win or for the short run.' essentially. Yeah, basically what Peter Thiel said. But I still don't get why EL did what they did with their money.

bluesc
03-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Yeah, basically what Peter Thiel said. But I still don't get why EL did what they did with their money.

They are professional internet marketers and tried to apply what they knew to elections. What they didn't realize is that the young who buy on the internet do not vote. The seniors are the ones who show up to make their purchase.

Muwahid
03-07-2012, 05:08 PM
If only RevPAC had endorse liberty's financial ability. RevPAC puts out good stuff because they listen to grassroots, endorse liberty, santa rita super pac, they all just sort of throw money away

Gravik
03-07-2012, 06:07 PM

The main super PAC supporting Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul is reassessing its heavy financial support of the Texas congressman following his disappointing Super Tuesday performance, an official confirmed to POLITICO.

“Yes, we are reassessing our efforts, but we have always felt that we are a part of a larger movement rather than just a single election,” Endorse Liberty super PAC leader Abe Niederhauser said. “We will continue to support Dr. Paul, but ultimately, we support an idea. We will support candidates who uphold the principles of liberty. We may also get involved in some of the Senate and House races.”
Continue Reading
Text Size

-
+
reset

Listen
Latest on POLITICO

GOP budget target could start fight
McKeon budget fix hits rough waters
Palin ramps up 'Game Change' war
'Birth panels' next? Ask Bachmann
Stearns: No deal for opponent to quit
Team Mitt plans Beltway fundraiser

If Endorse Liberty scales back funding, the move could be yet another blow to Paul, who has yet to win a single presidential primary or caucus contest.

Paul logged underwhelming performances in the Super Tuesday caucus states of North Dakota and Alaska, which he considered his best shots at victory.

And despite enjoying passionate support throughout the country, especially among libertarian-leaning Republicans, Paul has been unable to convert it into critical mass at the ballot booth or caucus hall.

Endorse Liberty, for its part, has aggressively attempted to broaden Paul’s appeal, making more than $2.94 million worth of independent expenditures in January — most going toward online advertisements — to benefit him. The super PAC also took in nearly $2.4 million in contributions in January.

Billionaire PayPal founder Peter Thiel has provided the bulk of the super PAC’s funding, contributing about $2.6 million overall and $1.7 million in January alone, according to the latest federal disclosure documents.

But Endorse Liberty, unlike some presidential candidate-specific super PACs such as the pro-Mitt Romney Restore Our Future outfit, has been running thin on available cash: Through January, it reported less than $61,000 on hand.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0312/73733.html#ixzz1oTlvc2ph

RonPaulFanInGA
03-07-2012, 06:37 PM

The main super PAC supporting Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul is reassessing its heavy financial support of the Texas congressman following his disappointing Super Tuesday performance, an official confirmed to POLITICO.

jwhitmore
03-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Maybe they need to reassess THEIR disappointing performance in advertising their money bomb telethon that hoped to raise $1 million and barely broke $20,000.

Ron Paul's performance really wan't THAT disappoinging to anyone with REALISTIC expectations. Maybe one of those 4ths could have been a 2nd or 3rd, but that is really about the only underperforming he did.

People need to realize that yes..he IS in it for delegates. But he is NOT in it for 1144. He is in it for enough to get a voice at the convention, not the nomination.

sailingaway
03-07-2012, 07:10 PM
the search feature is that little box in the upper right....

trey4sports
03-07-2012, 07:10 PM
been posted

sailingaway
03-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Maybe they need to reassess THEIR disappointing performance in advertising their money bomb telethon that hoped to raise $1 million and barely broke $20,000.

Ron Paul's performance really wan't THAT disappoinging to anyone with REALISTIC expectations. Maybe one of those 4ths could have been a 2nd or 3rd, but that is really about the only underperforming he did.

People need to realize that yes..he IS in it for delegates. But he is NOT in it for 1144. He is in it for enough to get a voice at the convention, not the nomination.

YOU're not in it for him to get the nomination apparently... but it will always be a possibility, more or less likely but never impossible, so let's try for it, shall we?

But you are confusing Pacs. This is the one Thiel donated a million to, but I think he was really pushing just through the January races, and it was all online, not where you would expect it for true political action. Still, it was his money.

And they didn't say it was disappointing, that is all Politico, trolling. THEY said they'd reassess but they never really had been in it for the win. That is them, not Paul. Theil wants more libertarians to populate his islands.

GeorgiaAvenger
03-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Heaven knows the other candidates could use some cash. I support this idea.

mport1
03-07-2012, 07:25 PM
All money will be best spent on Ron Paul to advance the ideas of liberty. I don't think spending it on other races will be as effective for the long term. Ron Paul is in the best position to change the hearts and minds of people around the globe, which is what we really need. Picking up a seat or two isn't going to do much to really advance liberty in this country.

sailingaway
03-07-2012, 07:27 PM
All money will be best spent on Ron Paul to advance the ideas of liberty. I don't think spending it on other races will be as effective for the long term. Ron Paul is in the best position to change the hearts and minds of people around the globe, which is what we really need. Picking up a seat or two isn't going to do much to really advance liberty in this country.

I agree. Ron's like will be a long time coming, again. At minimum we need to use his pied piper quality to get people to pay attention while we can.

NoOneButPaul
03-07-2012, 07:30 PM

Im sorry but I think you're completely wrong.

We need to start picking up as many seats as we can so when a Libertarian-Republican actually does win the Presidency he has a House and Senate that will work with them.

Those seats are just as important in the big picture.