PDA

View Full Version : Gingrich pulls out of Wichita and other Kansas campaign stops

sailingaway
03-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Gingrich pulls out of Wichita and other Kansas campaign stops

Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich has pulled out of all seven of his campaign stops in Kansas, including one scheduled for a pre-caucus rally in Wichita.

Gingrich changed his schedule so he could focus on next Tuesday’s primaries in Mississippi and Alabama, said Mike Pirner, spokesman for Gingrich’s Kansas campaign.

Gingrich had been scheduled to speak at 2:45 Friday afternoon at the rally at Century II. Of the four candidates, Ron Paul is the only one who is confirmed to speak. Gingrich also was the only candidate scheduled to speak at Kansas Republicans’ caucus Saturday in Sedgwick County.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2012/03/07/2245248/gingrich-pulls-out-of-wichita.html#storylink=cpy

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2012/03/07/2245248/gingrich-pulls-out-of-wichita.html#storylink=cpy

Tyler_Durden
03-07-2012, 01:38 PM
"Gingrich changed his schedule so he could focus on next Tuesday’s primaries in Mississippi and Alabama..."

Gonna focus on Golden Rule boo'ers huh?

sailingaway
03-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Gonna focus on Golden Rule boo'ers huh?

His wheelhouse, apparently, with that chickenhawk routine.

DerailingDaTrain
03-07-2012, 01:42 PM
He thinks he'll do better in the war hawk states in the South.

Keith and stuff
03-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Great news for us. Some of the Republicans will feel cheated. Paul is now the only candidate speaking at the Tea Party rally in KS. Paul was likely to do terrible in MS and AL anyway, so this shouldn't hurt Paul much there. This should help Paul in KS, though.

D.A.S.
03-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Good, he'll tear into the Romney and Santorum votes in the South, which helps us in the process. Thanks, Grinch!

braane
03-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Wichita is home to the countries largest Super caucus. Ron Paul will be the only one who goes there to speak on Friday, that should be good for him.

tfurrh
03-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Gingrich radically pulls out of Wichita and, quite candidly, other Kansas fundamental campaign stops.

*arrogant head bobble followed by gross teethy maniacal laugh*

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Politics/images-5/newt-gingrich-laughing.jpg

BUSHLIED
03-07-2012, 02:01 PM
At least Gingrich has a strategy and knows how to focus his efforts. Ron just really needs to win one. It's not like Ron needs to be campaigning in a state to get delegates, that is an individual effort. Ron needs to be in the states to get voters behind him. Plant Paul in Kansas until the voting ends.

DerailingDaTrain
03-07-2012, 02:03 PM
At least Gingrich has a strategy and knows how to focus his efforts. Ron just really needs to win one. It's not like Ron needs to be campaigning in a state to get delegates, that is an individual effort. Ron needs to be in the states to get voters behind him. Plant Paul in Kansas until the voting ends.

Did you not read these?

Wichita is home to the countries largest Super caucus. Ron Paul will be the only one who goes there to speak on Friday, that should be good for him.

Paul is now the only candidate speaking at the Tea Party rally in KS. Paul was likely to do terrible in MS and AL anyway, so this shouldn't hurt Paul much there. This should help Paul in KS, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlW23ul5uv8

openfire
03-07-2012, 02:08 PM
LET ME BE CLEAR. Gingrich radically pulls out of Wichita and, quite candidly, other Kansas fundamental campaign stops.

*arrogant head bobble followed by gross teethy maniacal laugh*

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Politics/images-5/newt-gingrich-laughing.jpg

You forgot the "let me be clear". I added it for you.

alucard13mmfmj
03-07-2012, 02:10 PM
That is pretty smart of Gingrich. He will get 1st or 2nd in those south/east states. I suggest we don't waste too much effort campaigning in those areas. Only enough to get the proportional delegates. So far... every state Gingrich won, Ron Paul's dead last. *Georgia/South Carolina* and we can expect that trend.

Kansas sounds like Santorum territory. =|

tfurrh
03-07-2012, 02:13 PM

I had dinner with my granddad yesterday. He's 76. He can barely put a sentence together. He hasn't been out of town in at least 10 years. I see him about once a week, and he tells me the same stories almost every visit. He can't go to family reunions or have a lot of guests over because the crowd makes him physically sick.

We've put so many expectations/hopes/dreams on the shoulders of a 76 year old man. I know it's hard on him, but I appreciate him doing everything he does - it breaks my heart to be honest.

RonPaul101.com
03-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Paul was likely to do terrible in MS and AL anyway...

I can't see him getting out of 4th place in Kansas either - He should be in Hawaii instead.

DerailingDaTrain
03-07-2012, 02:15 PM
I had dinner with my granddad yesterday. He's 76. He can barely put a sentence together. He hasn't been out of town in at least 10 years. I see him about once a week, and he tells me the same stories almost every visit. He can't go to family reunions or have a lot of guests over because the crowd makes him physically sick.

We've put so many expectations/hopes/dreams on the shoulders of a 76 year old man. I know it's hard on him, but I appreciate him doing everything he does - it breaks my heart to be honest.

//

tfurrh
03-07-2012, 02:16 PM
Not everyone who is 76 is like your grandfather.

If that's truly what you thought I was getting at, then I'm not even going to try to make it clearer.

I don't take my frustrations with our failure to win a state out on a 76 year old man.

DerailingDaTrain
03-07-2012, 02:20 PM
If that's truly what you thought I was getting at, then I'm not even going to try to make it clearer.

I don't take my frustrations with our failure to win a state out on a 76 year old man.

Ah, I get you now. +rep

braane
03-07-2012, 02:21 PM
I can't see him getting out of 4th place in Kansas either - He should be in Hawaii instead.

Honestly, fourth and first here could be a difference of 10%. Santorum has the bible thumpers, Romney will do well in the heavily populated areas of Kansas City and Wichita, Paul will do extremely well in the college counties... especially at KU where libertarianism is rampant(Lawrence is one of the most interesting places I have ever seen). Gingrich has a lot of support here too, but I would be inclined to believe he will place 4th.

Tyler_Durden
03-07-2012, 02:21 PM

I don't take my frustrations with the Media's failure to allow him to win a state out on a 76 year old man.

Fixed it...

tfurrh
03-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Fixed it...

I owe you a + rep

parocks
03-07-2012, 03:02 PM

Will there be another Ron Paul LIVE! event during a caucus in Kansas?

sailingaway
03-07-2012, 04:08 PM

His dad hoed the back acre with a hand hoe into his 90s according to Rand.

But yeah, it isn't HIS fault there isn't anyone else who comes close.

Havax
03-07-2012, 04:23 PM
I could see him dropping out if he loses Alabama and Mississippi, especially if he comes in 3rd in one of them.

NoOneButPaul
03-07-2012, 04:31 PM
He needs to stay in or we are officially finished.

The open convention is it for us, without a 4th wheel it's over.

Aratus
03-07-2012, 06:31 PM
we might get second in kansas.
this hands newtie the 4th slot.
mitt may do a media war a.s.a.p!

Kapatugo
03-07-2012, 06:54 PM
The beginning of the End? I wonder how much Gingrich is getting Paid to split the crazy vote between him and Santorum.

03-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Wonder if Gingrich will drop out if he is 3rd or 4th in MS and AL?

Aratus
03-08-2012, 02:29 AM
if...

anaconda
03-08-2012, 02:50 AM
The words "Gingrich pulls out" did not sit well with me..bad imagery

anaconda
03-08-2012, 02:50 AM
Wonder if Gingrich will drop out if he is 3rd or 4th in MS and AL?

Bet he wins both.

JJ2
03-08-2012, 02:55 AM
You forgot the "let me be clear". I added it for you.

It's needs an "and frankly" in there somewhere. ;)

And isn't it strange that both him and Obama love to use the phrase "let me be clear"?

amonasro
03-08-2012, 03:25 AM
And isn't it strange that both him and Obama love to use the phrase "let me be clear"?

It means, "Listen very closely to what I say, as I am telling the truth."