PDA

View Full Version : CO-11 y/o handcuffed and arrested for "bad attitude"

Anti Federalist
03-07-2012, 12:27 PM
She learned her lesson.

Total, immediate and uncommented compliance to authority is required at all times.

Girl handcuffed for 'bad attitude' at school

http://www.necn.com/03/06/12/Girl-handcuffed-for-bad-attitude-at-scho/landing_newengland.html?blockID=664334&feedID=4207

(NECN/KUSA: Will Ripley) - Children who cop an attitude at school might want to think twice.

Eleven-year-old Yajira Quezada, a sixth-grader at Colorado's Shaw Heights Middle School, was handcuffed and taken to a holding facility for disobeying the orders of an assistant principal during lunch and being "argumentative and extremely rude".

An Adams County Sheriff's Office incident report says the assistant principal found Yajira walking in the hallway during lunch because the girl claimed she was cold and needed to get a sweater from her locker.

The report says the assistant principal was in mid-sentence when Yajira, "turned and walked away saying, 'I don't have time for this.'"

When intervention efforts with a counselor failed, Yajira was handcuffed and put in the school resource officer's patrol car and taken to a juvenile holding facility called "The Link."

"She told me that I need to quit giving her my attitude. Why would they handcuff me? I'm not the type of girl to get arrested," Yajira said.

The Adams County Sheriff's Office says handcuffing kids during transport is standard procedure.

"They're treating them like criminals. And they're not, they're kids," Yajira's mother, Mireya Gaytan, said.

Gaytan doesn't condone her daughter's behavior but questions the severity of the punishment and the handcuff marks left on Yajira's hands.

Steve Saunders, director of communications and community relations for Adams County School District 50, says anytime an incident rises to this level, officials take a close look at what happened.

"You hate to see something escalate to where it becomes a police matter. Once they step in and take over a case, it is really in their hands. The conclusion was, as far as the district was concerned, everything was handled appropriately," Saunders said.

Gaytan moved both of her daughters to a new school.

"I don't want this to happen to any more 11-year-old kids. They're scaring them. They're traumatizing them," Gaytan said.

Yajira now knows what not to do when talking to a teacher.

"Not to give them attitude. I am blaming myself," Yajira said.

The Adams County Sheriff's Office says they could not talk about this incident because a juvenile was involved and no charges were filed.

azxd
03-07-2012, 12:31 PM
Sounds like the parents are not doing a very good job.

azxd
03-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Gaytan doesn't condone her daughter's behavior but questions the severity of the punishment and the handcuff marks left on Yajira's hands.
Which is her right.

John F Kennedy III
03-07-2012, 12:49 PM
WTF!

bolil
03-07-2012, 12:51 PM
The squeals are getting, incessantly, louder. An 11 year old girl... are you fucking serious?

Kelly.
03-07-2012, 02:30 PM
looks like public school is doing exactly what it is designed to do, imo

WarNoMore
03-07-2012, 03:36 PM
An Adams County Sheriff's Office incident report says the assistant principal found Yajira walking in the hallway during lunch because the girl claimed she was cold and needed to get a sweater from her locker.

The report says the assistant principal was in mid-sentence when Yajira, "turned and walked away saying, 'I don't have time for this.'"

Smart girl to recognize bullshit at her age.

aGameOfThrones
03-07-2012, 03:54 PM

http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/121/1219940/lorax-o_1331075160.gif

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-07-2012, 04:25 PM

The Adams County Sheriff's Office says they could not talk about this incident because a juvenile was involved and no charges were filed.

Adams County Sheriff's Office has problems, but I can't behind the girl, either. It's also a shame she said that, but kids will say what they have to to get out of trouble. These days, teachers have a ton of responsibility with no authority. Kids recognize and exploit this. In fact, a lot of 11 year olds are probably smarter than their teachers.

Anti Federalist
03-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Adams County Sheriff's Office has problems, but I can't behind the girl, either. It's also a shame she said that, but kids will say what they have to to get out of trouble. These days, teachers have a ton of responsibility with no authority. Kids recognize and exploit this. In fact, a lot of 11 year olds are probably smarter than their teachers.

A smart remark from an 11 year kid should not result in handcuffing and arrest, unless there is a larger agenda afoot.

Which, of course, there is.

Danke
03-07-2012, 04:33 PM

So I guess it worked.

Anti Federalist
03-07-2012, 04:34 PM
So I guess it worked.

Like a charm.

noneedtoaggress
03-07-2012, 04:38 PM
I'm not too big on RSAnimate, but there's some pretty interesting stuff in here, and the speech by the valedictorian at the beginning is pretty cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jZHNjc4Xk0&feature=related

dannno
03-07-2012, 04:40 PM
She was going to her locker to get a sweater because she was cold... an adult starts giving her shit for no reason, she probably just wanted to get the jacket and get back to class.

Sounds like the VP has a power trip going.

Kylie
03-07-2012, 05:58 PM
I don't even fucking think so.

You arrest and detain my kid for nothing more than questioning your authority to keep her cold?

Oh man, I better never see some shit like this going down around me, things will get ugly. Then again, where I live, you pretty much don't screw with any of the Moms. We don't fuck around when it comes to our kids, even if they're wrong. We will dress down our children in front of everyone for being rude, disrespectful, etc., but will not hesitate to whoop your ass if you decide you are big enough to use force on our children. It is not your job to be a co-parent to my children. THAT is my HUSBANDS job.

So back up off our kids.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-07-2012, 11:17 PM
A smart remark from an 11 year kid should not result in handcuffing and arrest, unless there is a larger agenda afoot.

Which, of course, there is.

I just wanted to point out that I said nothing to the contrary.

youngbuck
03-07-2012, 11:32 PM
I support this... we need to instill subservience to authority and state enforcers at an early age. When you think about it, it should be standard procedure for kindergarteners.

donnay
03-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Smart girl to recognize bullshit at her age.

Yes but they will break her spirit before she leaves High School. It's a shame!

TheTexan
03-08-2012, 12:15 AM
Public schools are ran like prisons. Actually, I take that back. Public schools are prisons.

heavenlyboy34
03-08-2012, 12:22 AM
Public schools are ran like prisons. Actually, I take that back. Public schools are prisons.
This ^^ That's why I tried to get sick as often as possible. A week away from the cage.

donnay
03-08-2012, 12:38 AM
This ^^ That's why I tried to get sick as often as possible. A week away from the cage.

Nah, I had friends in the attendance office. They didn't break my spirit!! My junior year I skipped 38 days. :D

heavenlyboy34
03-08-2012, 12:45 AM
Nah, I had friends in the attendance office. They didn't break my spirit!! My junior year I skipped 38 days. :D
:eek: /mega-jealous

Kylie
03-08-2012, 08:22 AM

Where I went, if you only missed a half day and you came in with a doc/dentist note your absence was excused. So a friend and I told half days every Monday and Friday of our junior year. Good stuff finding the loopholes, isnt it?

donnay
03-08-2012, 08:56 AM
Where I went, if you only missed a half day and you came in with a doc/dentist note your absence was excused. So a friend and I told half days every Monday and Friday of our junior year. Good stuff finding the loopholes, isnt it?

Definitely!

I was a rebel then, and even more so now! I don't much like being told what to do.

sparebulb
03-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Where are our resident brown-shirted heroes, "Lethal"miko and Butchie, to defend the hero cops on this one? I guess the cop doesn't deserve their support because he didn't "step up" and murder the little girl.

MooCowzRock
03-08-2012, 11:39 AM
She was going to her locker to get a sweater because she was cold... an adult starts giving her shit for no reason, she probably just wanted to get the jacket and get back to class.The fact that you believe that shows that you have never had kids.

dillo
03-08-2012, 01:22 PM
learn your role mundane, submit to authority without question

dannno
03-08-2012, 01:32 PM
The fact that you believe that shows that you have never had kids.

No, it means I've had a lot of experience with adults who are unreasonable and control freaks.

moostraks
03-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Where are our resident brown-shirted heroes, "Lethal"miko and Butchie, to defend the hero cops on this one? I guess the cop doesn't deserve their support because he didn't "step up" and murder the little girl.

:) lethal is busy demanding responses to it's posts in ht right now...your comment explains the authority complex I am witnessing there. Thanx!