PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Princeton

seapilot
11-13-2007, 05:59 PM
I know there are many ideas and dates for other money bombs and we need to concentrate on Tea Party07 on Dec. 16th. They seem to work well around a theme and date to remember. I had an idea for the next following date should be right before the Iowa Caucus on Jan 3rd. Another round of free advertising after the holiday bashes when people will be focused on the primarys. I propose Jan 2nd as The Battle of Princeton money bomb. This is a very historic battle involving George Washington and was a turning point in the revolution in and the Battle was on Jan 3, 1777. Here is a little history:

On the 30th of December, George Washington made an impassioned plea to a regiment whose enlistments were about to expire. No one stepped forth to stay. Once again Washington spoke "My brave fellows, you have done all I asked you to do and more than could reasonably be expected. But your country is at stake, your wives, your houses, and all that you hold dear. You have worn yourselves out with fatigues and hardships, but we know not how to spare you. If you will consent to stay only one month longer, you will render that service to the cause of liberty and to your country which you probably never can do under any other circumstances. The present is emphatically the crisis which is to decide our destiny."
Again the drums rolled, calling for men to step forward, and finally about half the men step out to reenlist. Other officers speak to other regiments with the same success. With the other troops on hand, it will have to be enough. If Washington could maintain the initiative, he might save the Revolution. If he loses a battle at this critical time, it was thought the revolution would collapse.

Here is an interesting thing that happened during the battle. The Americans brought up cannon, and took two shots at the building where British Troops were. The first bounced off, but the second entered the main room where the troops were holding, and allegedly decapitated a picture of King George the 2nd on the wall. The British in Nassau Hall surrendered.

The British, who lost 86 killed and wounded at Princeton and two hundred captured, were now ordered by Howe to abandon NJ, except for a line from Perth Amboy to New Brunswick. Washington, who had about 40 killed and wounded at Princeton, had now driven the British from most of New Jersey, in what is called the Ten Crucial Days., from Dec. 25th to Jan. 3rd.

the Revolution now had a chance, morale was improved, and the people once again believed they could stand and face the enemy troops. The British outrages in the invasion of NJ had turned many previously on the fence to the side of the rebels, paper money was acceptable once more and the rebel government and army found support again. Washington had learned to fight not the main British army, but its outposts, forcing the British to give up any effort to control the hinterlands of America. The French government, encouraged by the British defeats, released supplies to the American war effort. In England, the royal government started losing support for the war. The Crisis was past, even if severe hardship and fighting were yet ahead, in a long and bitter struggle for freedom and independence.

Cannon Ball money BomB?

Primbs
11-13-2007, 10:29 PM
We need this one. Since this is two weeks after December 16, people will have another paycheck where they can donate some of it.

The theme is good.