PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich Gingrich Falls Asleep (several times) at AIPAC, Wakes Up More Than a Little Confused

vechorik
03-07-2012, 07:08 AM
Gingrich Falls Asleep at AIPAC, Wakes Up More Than a Little Confused

can't embed the video, but it is FUNNY!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/gingrich-falls-asleep-at-aipac-wakes-up-confused/

bluesc
03-07-2012, 07:13 AM
Oh that silence was awkward.

r3volution
03-07-2012, 11:45 AM
weird :confused:

KMX
03-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Got to get some rest in somewhere.

Lishy
03-07-2012, 01:33 PM
To be completely fair on Newt, AIPAC is a boring as hell convention. Considering he campaigns all night, I actually understand how he would fall asleep during AIPAC. I wouldn't criticize him cuz' of this.

unknown
03-08-2012, 11:54 AM
Hahahahaaaaaaaaaa

donnay
03-09-2012, 09:07 AM
Gingrich Falls Asleep at AIPAC, Wakes Up More Than a Little Confused
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/gingrich-falls-asleep-at-aipac-wakes-up-confused/

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Gingrich-Asleep.jpg

Moments before he was slated to speak via live video stream before the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), GOP presidential contender Newt Gingrich was caught on camera sleeping rather soundly.

After he awoke, however, things became even more bizarre as it seemed the former House Speaker was either thinking about the secretary of defense or was talking about him with someone not seen. You can hear Gingrich say: “Listening to Panetta is not a relaxing experience.” He then slipped back into his stupor.

Upon his second awakening, Gingrich was introduced for his speech, where he then “welcomed questions from the panel.” The problem was — there was no panel.

“I understand you have a panel. I look forward to any questions,” he began.

An awkward 12 seconds of silence followed and Gingrich stared blankly into the camera.

This must have been much too much for the AIPAC introducer to bear as he cut the pregnant pause by saying, “Mr. Speaker, there is not a panel.” “Please do continue, sir,” he urged.

Gingrich then sprung halfway back to his usual form:

“Let me just say – I say this pretty briefly, I think,” Gingrich riffed. “We need a fundamental reassessment of our entire understanding of the threat of radical Islam.”

donnay
03-09-2012, 09:10 AM
‘I Understand You Have a Panel,’ Gingrich Tells a Panel-Less AIPAC
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/03/i-understand-you-have-a-panel-gingrich-says-to-panel-less-aipac/

Newt Gingrich apparently has been so busy campaigning all around Georgia that he hasn’t had time to sleep, or even write a speech for the AIPAC crowd.

Moments before he was set to video-stream live to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, Gingrich was caught on camera dozing off, perhaps dreaming about what it would be like to be president or live on the moon or both.

At one point, he woke up in the midst of a speech by Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, who addressed the conference before Gingrich.

Someone off-camera, probably referring that Gingrich appeared to be nodding off, said it was “probably the most relaxed moment you had today.”

“Listening to Panetta is not a relaxing experience,” Gingrich said, before slipping away into nap time again.

He woke up before he was introduced for his speech and gave a short opening statement in which he promised, if elected president, to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem, along with several other points. Gingrich then opened up the floor to questions.

“I understand you have a panel. I look forward to any questions.”

Then 12 seemingly eternal seconds of silence followed. Gingrich stared blankly into the camera, and the audience stared back.

Finally the AIPAC introducer had to cut the awkward void.

“Mr. Speaker, there is not a panel,” he said. “Please do continue, sir.”

Gingrich, always the improviser, moved right along.

“Let me just say – I say this pretty briefly, I think,” Gingrich riffed. “We need a fundamental reassessment of our entire understanding of the threat of radical Islam.”

ROFLMAO! Sleep Apnea? Or is it Sleep AIPACnea?

Bruno
03-09-2012, 09:44 AM
OMG, this is hilarious!

He had to slip in a "fundamental" in there, Lol!

donnay
03-09-2012, 10:20 AM
OMG, this is hilarious!

He had to slip in a "fundamental" in there, Lol!

LOL, right! Those radical Islam!!

jeremiahj13
03-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Lols

opinionatedfool
03-09-2012, 05:52 PM
To be completely fair on Newt, AIPAC is a boring as hell convention. Considering he campaigns all night, I actually understand how he would fall asleep during AIPAC. I wouldn't criticize him cuz' of this.

Oh well, he needs to be criticized just for the heck of it. Why not, right?

Also, given his past, one might wonder, "Is he campaigning at night or doing something else?"

opinionatedfool
03-09-2012, 05:56 PM
That made my day!

mosquitobite
03-09-2012, 05:57 PM
that's hilarious...and he's considered a "viable" candidate??

Bruno
03-09-2012, 06:01 PM
"Mr. Sleepypants"

pauliticalfan
03-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Fear mongering on autopilot.

kill the banks
03-09-2012, 06:23 PM
he woke up in the moon base ~ “Let me just say – I say this pretty briefly, I think,” Gingrich riffed. “We need a fundamental reassessment of our entire understanding of the threat of radical Islam on the moon ".

ronpaulhemp
03-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Very awkward and funny!! I do feel kinda bad for him though, he was literally half asleep giving a highly televised speech to AIPAC lol