PDA

View Full Version : New Delegate Number Updated By CNN, Hope For brokered convention Yet?

Give me liberty
03-07-2012, 04:42 AM
It Shows
Newt:101
Santorum: 161 or something
Romney:404
Ron Paul:66

bluesc
03-07-2012, 04:44 AM
Looking at that, Ron is almost certainly still in 2nd for delegates.

Oops, shouldn't mention delegates, might get flamed by the growing "realist" contingent

alucard13mmfmj
03-07-2012, 05:08 AM
It will be hard for the campaign to keep spinning it in ways to make themselves look viable. Maybe we should go on full attack mode, like Newt, and take down Santorum and Romney with us =p.................................... Something has to change.

Give me liberty
03-07-2012, 05:17 AM
It will be hard for the campaign to keep spinning it in ways to make themselves look viable. Maybe we should go on full attack mode, like Newt, and take down Santorum and Romney with us =p.................................... Something has to change.

I agree with you there because if he doesn't he cant win.

LibertyIn08
03-07-2012, 05:28 AM
Santorum can't win outright if he wanted. Makes no sense to attack him - only going after Romney makes sense if the goal is to prevent a candidate getting the majority of delegates.

Travlyr
03-07-2012, 05:32 AM
http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/

alucard13mmfmj
03-07-2012, 05:33 AM
Santorum can't win outright if he wanted. Makes no sense to attack him - only going after Romney makes sense if the goal is to prevent a candidate getting the majority of delegates.
We can't keep ignoring Santorum. Okey, he cant win... but he is screwing us by taking away valuable votes. It seems Ron is slightly more comfortable in attacking Santorum anyways. Attacking ROmney would be ideal, but I dont think Ron would do it.

STRATEGY CHANGE. It is like a running a business... if you are losing or cant grow, find another way or go out of business.

digitaldean
03-07-2012, 05:39 AM
I have a question that I can not seem to find an answer for. Ok lets say we go into a brokered convention I hear most bound delegates are required to vote 2 to 3 times for Mitt/Newt/Frothy before they can officially change their vote for Paul.

My question is does Mitt/Newt/Frothy have to tell these people I am out or even anything for them to vote for who you want? Or can they just vote on the 2nd or 3rd time without permission who they want to?

If that is the case then people really need to become delegates for Mitt/Newt/Frothy so at a brokered convention they will automatically change to Paul on the 2nd or 3rd vote.

LatinsforPaul
03-07-2012, 05:41 AM
Santorum's and Gingrich's campaign are not shutting it down and they will have LESS Delegates than Paul at the Convention.

speciallyblend
03-07-2012, 05:43 AM

bottom line a romney/santorum ticket kills ron paul chances and the deal can be done so romney wins the first vote,end of story. Are people gonna suggest that every santorum delegate is bound to santorum? highly doubtful. Romney will seal the deal to keep it going brokered past a first vote.

Mark37snj
03-07-2012, 05:44 AM
I have a question that I can not seem to find an answer for. Ok lets say we go into a brokered convention I hear most bound delegates are required to vote 2 to 3 times for Mitt/Newt/Frothy before they can officially chance their vote for Paul.

My question is does Mitt/Newt/Frothy have to tell these people I am out or even anything for them to vote for who you want? Or can they just vote on the 2nd or 3rd time without permission who they want to?

If that is the case then people really need to become delegates for Mitt/Newt/Frothy so at a brokered convention they will automatically change to Paul on the 2nd or 3rd vote.

QFT...Once the rules tell them they are unbound they can vote for whoever they want regardless of who tells them otherwise. Unbound means there is no requirement for who they HALF to vote for, heck there was even talk about Jeb Bush being the nominee this way and he is not even running, yet.

cindy25
03-07-2012, 05:50 AM

maybe this is why Ron attacked Romneycare yesterday?

digitaldean
03-07-2012, 05:55 AM
QFT...Once the rules tell them they are unbound they can vote for whoever they want regardless of who tells them otherwise. Unbound means there is no requirement for who they HALF to vote for, heck there was even talk about Jeb Bush being the nominee this way and he is not even running, yet.

Ok thanks for clearing that up. Shouldn't the goal from now on be to become secret delegates for Mitt/Newt/Frothy if we can't win a state? I am pretty sure we are going to a brokered convention as long as Frothy/Newt start winning more states.

And are people currently Mitt/Newt/Frothy delegates right now but are just waiting to be Paul delegates on the 2nd or 3rd vote?

alucard13mmfmj
03-07-2012, 06:00 AM
maybe this is why Ron attacked Romneycare yesterday? MORE!!

Mark37snj
03-07-2012, 06:01 AM
Ok thanks for clearing that up. Shouldn't the goal from now on be to become secret delegates for Mitt/Newt/Frothy if we can't win a state? I am pretty sure we are going to a brokered convention as long as Frothy/Newt start winning more states.

And are people currently Mitt/Newt/Frothy delegates right now but are just waiting to be Paul delegates on the 2nd or 3rd vote?

Campaign to win, vote for Paul, become a delegate at all costs, vote for Paul everytime you get the chance. I cannot confirm or deny the existence of Paul supporters who are Mitt/Newt/Frothy delegates waiting for the chance to vote for Paul. ;)

Wooden Indian
03-07-2012, 06:03 AM
I have to say, we (the campaign) must go on the attack against Romney now. I know the funds are limited, but we have no choice but to hit him fast and hard. No more Mr. Nice Guy.

It would even get Ron some MSM time... being has how they eat up anything negative.

alucard13mmfmj
03-07-2012, 06:09 AM
I have to say, we (the campaign) must go on the attack against Romney now. I know the funds are limited, but we have no choice but to hit him fast and hard. No more Mr. Nice Guy.

It would even get Ron some MSM time... being has how they eat up anything negative.

Exactly, change strategy.

We will continue to get delegates. Ron just needs to worry about dealing with Romney's growing momentum/delegate count and to deal with Santorum stealing his votes.

digitaldean
03-07-2012, 06:40 AM
Campaign to win, vote for Paul, become a delegate at all costs, vote for Paul everytime you get the chance. I cannot confirm or deny the existence of Paul supporters who are Mitt/Newt/Frothy delegates waiting for the chance to vote for Paul. ;)

Does anyone have a list of states that let people vote for who they want on the 2nd or 3rd vote? For example in Ohio it states:

Mitt: 35
Frothy: 21

Delegates not legally bound (“morally bound”)
o 63 “Morally Bound”
o 3 Unbound

Selection Details
AL – Delegate allocation: proportional w/ 20%
threshold; winner-take-all if candidate receives
50% statewide primary vote

Delegate election: Candidates authorize delegate
candidates who are directly elected on the ballot.
CD – Delegate allocation: Winner-take-all per CD
Delegate election: Candidates authorize delegate
candidates who are directly elected on the ballot.

Can we for example have 10-20 of the 66 that have been given to Mitt/Frothy secretly?

Mark37snj
03-07-2012, 07:39 AM
No one knows for certain who every delegate is and who they will vote for given the chance. Each state has its own rules regarding what their voting requirements are. Once their rules tell them they can vote for who they want then its up to the delegate to decide that. We could have 66 Ron Paul supporters who were required to follow their state rules for their bound votes then when they become unbound they could vote for Paul, or none of them could be Paul supporters a vote for whoever they like, it all depends on the individual delegates.

digitaldean
03-07-2012, 09:33 AM
No one knows for certain who every delegate is and who they will vote for given the chance. Each state has its own rules regarding what their voting requirements are. Once their rules tell them they can vote for who they want then its up to the delegate to decide that. We could have 66 Ron Paul supporters who were required to follow their state rules for their bound votes then when they become unbound they could vote for Paul, or none of them could be Paul supporters a vote for whoever they like, it all depends on the individual delegates.

I found this site that gives more info on delegates:

http://ronpauldelegates.wordpress.com/state-specific-info/

I would urge everyone to look up their state and become delegates for Mitt/Newt/Santorum as soon as you can. If we can not win states I would love to see all future states from now get 10-20 more "hidden delegates" for Paul. We have around 30 more states so getting at least 300-600 more of these "hidden delegates" should be tried.

BUSHLIED
03-07-2012, 10:28 AM
We can't keep ignoring Santorum. Okey, he cant win... but he is screwing us by taking away valuable votes. It seems Ron is slightly more comfortable in attacking Santorum anyways. Attacking ROmney would be ideal, but I dont think Ron would do it.

STRATEGY CHANGE. It is like a running a business... if you are losing or cant grow, find another way or go out of business.

As I said several times since Ron went home to TX after NH, the campaign has always been on 'idle' or 'neutral.' While they had staff in NV, CO, ME, and other small caucus states, they weren't well staffed and the organization and money spent wasn't enough to win. The campaign and Ron while much improved from 2008, didn't improve enough (besides the bar was really low).

Anyway, my point is that once Iowa was lost and the possibly of a win in NH was dashed, the campaign didn't adapt quick enough. Ron didn't really campaign hard enough, although he did campaign more than 2008. It was so obvious to see. Particularly when Santorum and Cain did more events than Ron in Iowa. That's the past but it does NOW point to a campaign that is just getting out the message of liberty. We shouldn't think that the campaign is going to try and win a state...

While Ron did do well on Super Tuesday relative to his 2008 results, but IMO the critical piece of information was the VA exit polls:Ron won independents by a super large margin: 64% to 36%
Independents made up about 1/3 of votes. So 64% of 34% = 21%. Ron basically got a half his votes from independents in VA.

So in the swing state of Virgina, where it was an open primary, like it would be in the general election, independents, who are the critical voters both parties need to reach to win, Ron grabs them 2:1 against the 'moderate' Republican candidate. To me that is huge and all the more why Ron should run third party at this point. If Romney or Santorum get the nomination, I would rather Obama anyway. At least, it would be only four more years instead of eight.

I mean what does the campaign do from here? Just go through the motions? If he is trying to get out a message, then campaign hard and set up events trying to win? If you lose, well then you still got out the message.

speciallyblend
03-07-2012, 10:33 AM
As I said several times since Ron went home to TX after NH, the campaign has always been on 'idle' or 'neutral.' While they had staff in NV, CO, ME, and other small caucus states, they weren't well staffed and the organization and money spent wasn't enough to win. The campaign and Ron while much improved from 2008, didn't improve enough (besides the bar was really low).

Anyway, my point is that once Iowa was lost and the possibly of a win in NH was dashed, the campaign didn't adapt quick enough. Ron didn't really campaign hard enough, although he did campaign more than 2008. It was so obvious to see. Particularly when Santorum and Cain did more events than Ron in Iowa. That's the past but it does NOW point to a campaign that is just getting out the message of liberty. We shouldn't think that the campaign is going to try and win a state...

While Ron did do well on Super Tuesday relative to his 2008 results, but IMO the critical piece of information was the VA exit polls:Ron won independents by a super large margin: 64% to 36%

So in the swing state of Virgina, where it was an open primary, like it would be in the general election, independents, who are the critical voters both parties need to reach to win, Ron grabs them 2:1 against the 'moderate' Republican candidate. To me that is huge and all the more why Ron should run third party at this point. If Romney or Santorum get the nomination, I would rather Obama anyway. At least, it would be only four more years instead of eight.

where did you get your colorado info? not so well informed. very organized here and though i am pissed off at the national campaign more so the gop. you will not have a true delegate count in colorado until april. I would remove colorado from your post. you might be right after april but i still think we will finish very strong in colorado. tuesday results might cause some issues but i will have a feel for that march 10th.