PDA

View Full Version : I wish Hillary would stop dropping the ball

tmg19103
11-13-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm concerned with Hillary getting blasted in the press every day this week. I'd prefer a strong Hillary who people think is a done deal as the Dem. nominee so Independents in New Hampshire don't vote Obama.

Duckman
11-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Be careful what you wish for... personally, I'd like to see Hillary out as soon as possible. As soon as she is out, there is no chance she can win.

If Ron Paul can survive the Republican primary, I think it won't matter much who he is going to face. Certainly Hillary might be better than some others but I think the real challenge is winning the primary.

gagnonstudio
11-13-2007, 05:15 PM
Plus it has been shown that Obama will trounce Giuliani, Thompson and McCain in head to head polls. So if Hillary starts losing, then Giuliani, Thompson and McCain lose the Hillary talking point, because polls show they will lose miserably.

Disclaimer: I don't really agree with polls, but its still a talking point for them.

tmg19103
11-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Be careful what you wish for... personally, I'd like to see Hillary out as soon as possible. As soon as she is out, there is no chance she can win.

If Ron Paul can survive the Republican primary, I think it won't matter much who he is going to face. Certainly Hillary might be better than some others but I think the real challenge is winning the primary.

RP needs a strong Hillary to get Indpendent votes in open primary states, so yes, I wish for a strong Hillary. If she runs away with the Dem. primaries the focus will be on the Republican race and it will give RP great exposure as well.

kylejack

I think maybe you're not getting the thrust of what he's saying. If Hillary's nomination is seen as pretty much a done deal, Independents will cross over to the Republican primary to raise hell, and be most likely to support Ron Paul. If Hillary's nomination is still in question, many will vote in the (D) primary for whoever they support.

Furis
I want Hillary as the Dem. Nom., RP can easily beat her. It will be harder to beat Obama.

partypooper
I'm concerned with Hillary getting blasted in the press every day this week. I'd prefer a strong Hillary who people think is a done deal as the Dem. nominee so Independents in New Hampshire don't vote Obama.

i keep going back and forth. i think she is terrible but then i think that obama hurts us more and i start rooting for her.

ronpaulyourmom
11-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Um, no way we want to be up against Obama. Hillary or Edwards must win.

kylejack
11-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Edwards is done. Its going to be Hillary or Obama, with Richardson having a very small outside chance.

NinjaPirate
11-13-2007, 05:22 PM
Why is Obama a threat compared to Hilary?

Goldwater Conservative
11-13-2007, 05:28 PM
I agree. Independents who were otherwise supporting Obama or Edwards might decide, whether for genuine reasons or in hopes of causing chaos in the GOP ranks, to instead vote for Paul if Hillary sweeps Iowa. This would only be magnified the further she cements her winning streak and the longer our race stays muddled.

Also, I think Paul would beat her easily. Having a true message of change and actually being opposed to the unpopular Bush doctrines on foreign policy and civil liberties is exactly the headache Hillary wants to avoid. Plus, the social conservative base wouldn't be as fragmented as it would be with Giuliani, and yet Paul could still appeal very strongly to independents and Democrats, moderates and liberals. New young voters would turn out for him, as would disgruntled voters (especially fiscal conservatives).

Adamsa
11-13-2007, 05:29 PM

Because he has a much better image and generally for some reason is seen as the anti-war "new kind of politician" that Ron Paul is.

TechnoGuyRob

Because Obama is attracting the same people Ron Paul is attracting: those who have never been interested in politics.

kylejack

He's seen as more principled, and less blemished than Hillary's history. He's a better public speaker.

FreeTraveler
11-13-2007, 05:30 PM

Because people still think when his lips move he's telling the truth. Nobody believes that of Hitlery anymore, but they forgive her because she's a woman. :p

me3
11-13-2007, 05:41 PM
I want Hillary as the Dem. Nom., RP can easily beat her. It will be harder to beat Obama.
It's not a personality battle.

It's about issues, principle and passion.

Obama would wither in a serious debate with Dr. Paul, as would most of the other candidates.

Let's stay focused on our guy, he's not running DEM and what happens in that nomination process has nothing to do with the GOP nomination.

DealzOnWheelz
11-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Personally and this has nothing to do with race.

I know Obama has good traction in many of the coastal states and probably has a good shot.

But there is no way the central US and the south with all the racist whites in those states will ever let him win.

they'll vote against just because he's black

Goldwater Conservative
11-13-2007, 06:07 PM
Let's stay focused on our guy, he's not running DEM and what happens in that nomination process has nothing to do with the GOP nomination.

Well, it does to the extent that independents can choose to vote in either primary in some states. Obama is very popular with independents, so if he leaves the picture they might go to Paul (since those independents probably don't like Giuliani or McCain, which is something the media fails to understand).

NinjaPirate
11-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Hmm, didn't' Obama kind of uncomfortably pause and say "I'll worry about Paul if he makes it to the general election" when asked if he could beat the Good Doctor??

Paul does have a lot more experience under his belt compared to Obama. Plus, didn't Obama say that he couldn't promise pulling out the troops no earlier than 2013?? At least that's what most of the Dem candidates are saying. o.O

Matt Collins
11-13-2007, 11:07 PM