PDA

View Full Version : MO-Some justice still to be had. Police chief apparently fired for shooting family's dog.

Anti Federalist
03-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Some justice.

I'm not sure of the circumstances, the article is very skimpy on what actually happened, but I'd be willing to wager that if it had been you or I that did this, we'd be cooling our heels in the hoosegow.

Chaffee police chief fired following dog shooting investigation

Tuesday, March 6, 2012
http://www.semissourian.com/story/1822626.html

Southeast Missourian
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Chaffee police chief Jim Chambers has been fired, the department confirmed Monday.

The Chaffee City Council decided to fire Chambers during a closed session meeting last week, acting chief Dustin Jarrell said. Jarrell said he did not know the circumstances.

The dismissal comes after the Scott County Sheriff's Department finished an investigation into the police department. An officer had allegedly shot a family's dog after it had gotten loose, and the family had complained, Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter said last week. Jarrell declined to comment on the investigation.

The findings were turned over to Scott County prosecutor Paul Boyd. Messages left at Boyd's office were not returned Monday.

Chambers declined to comment on his dismissal Monday.

Councilman Ryan Pennington declined to comment but said more information on Chambers' termination may become available in the coming weeks. The other council members could either not be reached at home or declined to comment.

pcosmar
03-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Willing to bet the dogs family had friends on that council.

Cop shot the wrong dog.

TheTexan
03-07-2012, 01:46 AM
Or got it on video