Romney and Paul on Fox News

Just in. VA goes to Romney.
I think it's too soon.

RPit
03-06-2012, 06:02 PM
based on?

blazeKing
03-06-2012, 06:03 PM
VA TOO CLOSE TO CALL - FOX NEWS ...!!!!!!!!!

libertyfanatic
03-06-2012, 06:03 PM
AHHHHH!!!!!!!!

pauliticalfan
03-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Virginia too? WTF! Even if we break 40% there...WOW.

JJ2
03-06-2012, 06:04 PM
VA TOO CLOSE TO CALL - FOX NEWS ...!!!!!!!!!

But exit polls show 63/37 Romney?!?!

blazeKing
03-06-2012, 06:06 PM

I dunno, but they are saying it's too close too call...I doubt theyd say that if it were 63/37

UK4Paul

Strange...

RPit

Isn't that for VT?

Anyways I'm totally confused atm.

03-06-2012, 06:07 PM
cnn says the same too close to call but exit polls favor romney

Give me liberty
03-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Wow Come On Paul!

FreedomProsperityPeace
03-06-2012, 06:08 PM
LOL! Wallace is already fretting about Romney's weakness. :p

RPit
03-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Is the 'too close to call' just to try to downplay Romney? Just creates more 'excitement' for people I think and that is what News now days is all about.. The limping Romney 'too close to call' vs Ron paul... I think its just media bs to gather excitement so people keep watching their bs 'news'.

ConCap
03-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Anti-Romney Vote in VA

JJ2
03-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Maybe the low turnout is what scares them from calling VA for Romney!??!

Hopefully we have some late Paul voters in line right now still, after hearing about the low turnout!

JJ2
03-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Is the 'too close to call' just to try to downplay Romney? Just creates more 'excitement' for people I think and that is what News now days is all about.. The limping Romney 'too close to call' vs Ron paul... I think its just media bs to gather excitement so people keep watching their bs 'news'.

OR they want to spin it as a "disappointing loss" for Paul? ;)

D.A.S.
03-06-2012, 06:11 PM
I think there's a very very slim chance of taking VA... Polls now at 62/38 with 1% reporting.

alucard13mmfmj
03-06-2012, 06:13 PM
setting it up to get our spirits up.. then make it crash down when they announce Romney is the winner? lol

ConCap
03-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Life long hard core Dem Friend out of his sick bed to vote for Paul with 15min left to vote.

frickettz
03-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Alright they're projecting Romney the winner now in Virginia.

RDM
03-06-2012, 06:23 PM
CNN already projecting Romney winner in VA with 5% voting in. Ron has 42%.

JJ2
03-06-2012, 06:24 PM
He should have campaigned in VA and VT more! :( He could have won both states and been the new frontrunner if he won 5 states!!!

VCU for Ron Paul
03-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Romney called as winner. Fox News (Paraphrase): "The only question is will Paul get %40, or ABOVE %40, that would mean a lot!" ............

VCU for Ron Paul
03-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Quick question though, am I missing something or are we misinterpreting something? How do they totally call VA with only %5 reporting?

FreedomProsperityPeace
03-06-2012, 06:28 PM
They factor in their exit polling.

ronpaulprez
Quick question though, am I missing something or are we misinterpreting something? How do they totally call VA with only %5 reporting? exit polls , past voting , where the botes coming from

Origanalist
Quick question though, am I missing something or are we misinterpreting something? How do they totally call VA with only %5 reporting?

Because they want to influence the election?

HOLLYWOOD
03-06-2012, 06:32 PM
CNN already projecting Romney winner in VA with 5% voting in. Ron has 42%.Waiting for Fascist FOX/FAUX NEWS CORP to report:

Charles Krauthammer, "Ron Paul only has a 42% ceiling."

joshnorris14
03-06-2012, 06:33 PM
NBC isn't calling Vermont. 34-28 Romney to Paul

jointhefightforfreedom
03-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Romney and Paul on Fox News

Just in. VA goes to Romney

56 to 44 % with 12% reporting

D.A.S.
03-06-2012, 06:36 PM
He should have campaigned in VA and VT more! :( He could have won both states and been the new frontrunner if he won 5 states!!!

Well, it's nice in the hindsight, but I betcha is Paul actually campaigned in VA, his results wouldn't have been a whole lot better. Sometimes it's better to work quietly. Plus, caucus states are where we can actually get delegates, and that IS the name of the game for us. If we got a win in Virginia, that would have been marginalized anyway, so we need to keep our eyes on the winnable races where we can get the most delegates, given our limited resources. Cost/benefit analysis of going after caucus state is definitely in our favor.

Captain Shays
03-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Ron Paul was the only evangelical running in Virginia in a state that is loaded with them. I think we actually could have won there with a little effort

Warmon
03-06-2012, 06:38 PM
RP wins Surry County - WOOT Not gonna be a shut out...Not gonna be a shut out...Not gonna be a shut out...

JJ2
03-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Well, it's nice in the hindsight, but I betcha is Paul actually campaigned in VA, his results wouldn't have been a whole lot better. Sometimes it's better to work quietly. Plus, caucus states are where we can actually get delegates, and that IS the name of the game for us. If we got a win in Virginia, that would have been marginalized anyway, so we need to keep our eyes on the winnable races where we can get the most delegates, given our limited resources. Cost/benefit analysis of going after caucus state is definitely in our favor.

We would have won delegates if we won VA and VT!

thoughtomator
03-06-2012, 06:41 PM
We should pick up the delegates from CD3 and perhaps CD2 as well.

ConCap
03-06-2012, 06:43 PM
56 to 44 % with 12% reporting

Thanks
Forgot to elaborate. That’s what I meant to imply.
I don't think it's over.

thoughtomator
03-06-2012, 06:44 PM
41% in VA is a 15% outperformance of the last pre-election poll, by the way.

coffeewithchess
03-06-2012, 06:44 PM
If the RP campaign could not find one or two ads, to contrast RP to MR in VA...might as well kiss this campaign goodbye. Is there a point to even donate anymore to the campaign if they are only going to run attack ads on Santorum in...MICHIGAN, while nothing against Romney in a one-on-one?
If you can't run a campaign and win one-on-one versus the Obama Republican, how do you win the general election?

I really would like to know what happens at the campaign, because it seems that they do not understand the target audience that they should be going for...

JJ2
03-06-2012, 06:47 PM
If the RP campaign could not find one or two ads, to contrast RP to MR in VA...might as well kiss this campaign goodbye. Is there a point to even donate anymore to the campaign if they are only going to run attack ads on Santorum in...MICHIGAN, while nothing against Romney in a one-on-one?
If you can't run a campaign and win one-on-one versus the Obama Republican, how do you win the general election?

I really would like to know what happens at the campaign, because it seems that they do not understand the target audience that they should be going for...

Yeah, and three days of wasted campaigning in MI, too, all for 12% and ZERO delegates. :(

Aratus
03-06-2012, 06:48 PM
RON PAUL IS AT 41% IN VIRGINIA ANd THE GAP IS CLOSING IF WE DID AND ARE DOING GET-OUT-THE-VOTE IN VIRGINIA?

coffeewithchess
03-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Yeah, and three days of wasted campaigning in MI, too, all for 12% and ZERO delegates. :(

It's okay though, "trust the campaign" and make sure to "donate to win Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, Maine, Washington..." etc., while ignoring/not addressing the biggest issues holding you back.

We hate government waste, we should also hate campaign waste.

Warmon
03-06-2012, 06:50 PM
RP just took Floyd County and the city of Lynchburg - home of Liberty Univeristy...:)

JJ2
03-06-2012, 06:51 PM
RP just took Floyd County and the city of Lynchburg - home of Liberty Univeristy...:)

Not surprising--they aren't gonna vote for the Mormon. :)

RDM
03-06-2012, 06:56 PM

Well, I made a suggestion way back in August 2011. I guess I was right. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?311398-Hire-a-Top-Rated-Campaign-Strategist.&highlight=campaign+strategist

D.A.S.
03-06-2012, 06:56 PM
We would have won delegates if we won VA and VT!

Yes, but the risk is far greater in primaries versus the caucus states. So the campaign was forced to choose, understandably, and they went with the lower-risk states where they can actually win the delegate count. VA is winner-take-all... Risky for Paul, particularly since we have to depend on support from people from aren't necessarily voting for Paul in Virginia but voting against Romney, and you can't really help get that vote by campaigning because they don't really like Paul anyway at this point.

fisharmor
03-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Yes, but the risk is far greater in primaries versus the caucus states. So the campaign was forced to choose, understandably, and they went with the lower-risk states where they can actually win the delegate count. VA is winner-take-all... Risky for Paul, particularly since we have to depend on support from people from aren't necessarily voting for Paul in Virginia but voting against Romney, and you can't really help get that vote by campaigning because they don't really like Paul anyway at this point.
Yes. But this late in the game, with no win to date, and the delegate strategy apparently working regardless of whether he wins, it would have been nice to get an additional 50 delegates and the media coverage involved with winning back a brand new swing state.

coffeewithchess
03-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Well, I made a suggestion way back in August 2011. I guess I was right. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?311398-Hire-a-Top-Rated-Campaign-Strategist.&highlight=campaign+strategist

Haha. One of the many great suggestions around the forums, apparently ignored by the campaign. It's okay though, just keep donating to the campaign...they are making all the right decisions.

While you're at it though, make sure to set aside $20-ish for RP's new book, yet to be announced.

TheNewYorker
03-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Haha. One of the many great suggestions around the forums, apparently ignored by the campaign. It's okay though, just keep donating to the campaign...they are making all the right decisions.

While you're at it though, make sure to set aside $20-ish for RP's new book, yet to be announced.

Isn't Jesse Benton the campaign manager Ron Paul's granddaughter's boyfriend or something? Pretty sure that's why he got the job. He hasn't done a horrible job but I think they should have found a real professional for the job and maybe made Jesse an assistant or something.

unknown
03-06-2012, 08:06 PM
I know a couple of people who voted for RP today in VA. No one asked them anything...

Just saying.

wgadget
03-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Jesse is married to his granddaughter this time around. He wasn't in 2008, though.

coffeewithchess
03-06-2012, 08:13 PM
Isn't Jesse Benton the campaign manager Ron Paul's granddaughter's boyfriend or something? Pretty sure that's why he got the job. He hasn't done a horrible job but I think they should have found a real professional for the job and maybe made Jesse an assistant or something.

Yes, Jesse is married to one of RP's granddaughters. Yes, you can almost guarantee that's why he got the job. No, I do not agree with it. Why did nearly all the Campaign for Liberty staff up and abandon that organization and get jobs on the RP 2012 campaign? MAKES NO SENSE.
Doug Wead has been an insider for YEARS, and he is low on the totem pole in the campaign...it would appear to me from what I have experienced in contacting/dealing with the campaign, that they do not know what they are doing.
If you have THE most passionate supporters, raise more money than 2 of the remaining candidates in the race...and you still can't finish 1st in a state, you have serious issues.
I 100% understand the stupidity of cable news viewers, but that is no excuse for this campaign to have wasted MILLIONS with no apparent strategy to win.

Southerner
03-06-2012, 08:29 PM
Exit polling is usually pretty accurate, I just don't know how you go from "too close to call" to Romney 59% / Paul 41% just as soon as vote start getting counted.

ConCap
03-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Exit polling is usually pretty accurate, I just don't know how you go from "too close to call" to Romney 59% / Paul 41% just as soon as vote start getting counted.

AAAAH! Politics.