PDA

View Full Version : Am I wrong?

wgadget
03-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Seems to me that since the Dems already have their candidate, that mostly Republicans will be out to vote...meaning Republicans will decide such issues as Should Georgia be allowed to sell alcohol on Sundays?

Seems kinda weird to me, but whateva. For sure, Ron Paul voters will vote YES on such issues...Santorum voters, not so much. :p

Danan
03-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Seems to me that since the Dems already have their candidate, that mostly Republicans will be out to vote...meaning Republicans will decide such issues as Should Georgia be allowed to sell alcohol on Sundays?

Seems kinda weird to me, but whateva. For sure, Ron Paul voters will vote YES on such issues...Santorum voters, not so much. :p

Hell, no! The access to liquor on Sunday is the root of all the world's problems!

nobody's_hero
03-06-2012, 04:37 PM
I didn't get to vote on alcohol sales.

As I understand it, the GA state legislators recently passed legislation to turn that decision over to local/municipal governments and either my county already voted on it or the local politicians decided the people were too stupid to decide, so they won't schedule a vote.

It doesn't much matter to me, as I live just 4 miles from a small town that was the first to take advantage of the voting (legalized it), and has become essentially an oasis for thirsty football fans looking to gather at pizza pubs on Sundays.

I did get to vote against a SPLOST. That's always fun. But, politicians seem to interpret this as meaning, "find another way to get tax revenue" instead of what I intend it to mean, "STOP SPENDING MONEY".

wgadget
03-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Eh, thinking about it a little more, it's even worse than I thought. It's only the 20% of Republican voters who give a crap about voting in primaries who will decide such things. :(

Isn't this known as an oligarchy?

nobody's_hero
03-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Well, like I mentioned, the best thing to do for now is to go have a beer at one of the (hopefully) nearby counties/towns that have legalized sunday sales. Reward those communities with your business (assuming you want a drink on sundays; if not, go buy a friend a beer or something)

At least they finally took the fight out of the General Assembly and let local gov'ts take responsibility. It's a start.