PDA

View Full Version : Urgent vote up- Call your reps to support the labeling of GMOs

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
03-06-2012, 03:24 PM
The site quickly pulls the phone numbers up for you. Just leave a message with the assistant how you want them to vote in favor of labeling. Took me less then 5 minutes. We are like the last country left, that allows for this frankenfood to not only be sold, but to be sold as if it is real food and not a freak science experiment, known to cause sterility in animals and kidney and liver damage in people so far. Monsanto corn is registered with the EPA as a pesticide, which can cause damage to the nervous system. Even China and Russia warn their people about this crap on the labels.

http://action.fooddemocracynow.org/call/tell_Congress_48_hours_to_label_gmos/?action_id=1706982&akid=.54094.tTYWjD&form_name=act&rd=1&taf=1

kill the banks
03-06-2012, 03:25 PM
there goes my blood pressure again

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
03-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Cool, I already got this reply from my congressman. He is in support of GMOs being labeled so the public has an informed choice.

Dear Cindy:

Thank you for expressing your concerns regarding genetically modified foods. I appreciate having your thoughts regarding this important issue.
If you want to receive congressional updates on this issue click here.

The quality and safety of our food supply is of great importance to me. The numerous food-based Salmonella recalls over the past few years highlight the necessity of making sure our food is safe for consumers.
As food technology advances, our safety procedures must also keep up with progress. While genetically modified foods could potentially hold many benefits for the world’s food needs, we cannot ignore the possibility of unintended and dangerous consequences from manipulating genetics.
Americans should be allowed to decide for themselves whether or not to consume these products. They should be clearly labeled for easy consumer awareness and understanding.
We cannot allow products whose safety is in doubt to reach our homes. I will work hard to maintain the safety and security of food and consumer products in the United States.
Again, thank you for your email. Be sure to click on the hyperlink above so I can keep you posted on developments regarding this issue.
Sincerely,

Vern Buchanan

Member of Congress

helmuth_hubener
03-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Personally, I sympathize with your dislike of this food you see as harmful and toxic. Nevertheless, I must disagree with your approach. Government is never the solution. Government is the problem. We all need to take personal accountability for our own health, our own food, and our own purchase choices in general. That is not the responsibility of the politicians. So if I were going to bother voicing my opinion to the elected slugs -- which I'm not (I care about the opinions of you on this forum much more than I care about theirs) -- I would urge them to vote against this forced labeling.

It is a violation of free speech. I have the right to print whatever I wish on my tin can, just as I have the right to print whatever I want on my handbill.

It is a violation of the 9th amendment. All rights not specifically mentioned are assumed to exist. I thus have a right to sell genetically modified food and to refuse to label it.

It is a violation of the 10th amendment. To control the way food is labeled, packaged, marketed, and distributed to the public -- none of those powers was delegated to Congress by the Constitution. They can't do it. If they try, it's null and void.

It's a violation of the principle of liberty. The man who puts a new breed of corn in a can and sells it is not forcing anyone to buy it. He is not aggressing against anyone. No one, thus, is justified in using force against him. To do so would not be defensive, it would be aggression.

This bill will be breaking the law. This bill will be breaking the compact which is the Constitution. This bill will be violating the non-aggression principle of Libertarianism.

Let's live and let live. "Letting live" means some people will use their liberty in ways you may not like. They may decide to follow a religion you disagree with, they may use drugs you don't approve of, they may even do advanced crossbreeding of a plant.

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
03-06-2012, 08:41 PM
I disagree as this is the sort of thing we have representatives in the Congress and the Senate for.

The only way to avoid eating phoney toxic food is to grow and raise 100% of your own. That's completely unrealistic for everyone to do in the modern world. We are all not little homesteaders anymore, who can trust everything we buy from the general store in town. Grow up. Not everyone can do that and children are getting sick from foods their parents think are the same they grew up eating. I'm not kidding you. Kids moving here from europe where GMOs were never allowed are being hospitalized regularly here and the doctors are telling their parents to stop feeding them that crap. HOW are they suppose to know where that crap is hidden in the foods they buy if they are not labeled? Are you even a human being or a borg? Maybe you work for Monsanto.

As far as I am concerned, selling toxic poison disguised to look like familiar foods is a crime and the law needs to be involved as people end up injured. No one is saying Joe blow can not try to sell his toxic frankenfood. This bill is about saying the consumer has a right to know that it is not natural and has been genetically modified.

If your political beliefs protect fraud and deception with the intent to cause harm for profit then you are a part of the problem in this world which puts profit before people. That's why we have a bought and paid for government run amuck. No one gives a shit about anyone anymore where a buck can be deceptively made.

I guarantee you, these franken foods are still new enough that we have not seen the worst of the long term damage they will cause and you will look back on this and consider yourself A FOOL for looking the other way. None the less, I would not wish what these can cause on my worst enemy and I hope you and yours are not going to suffer any severe damage to your digestive, reproductive and nervous systems, as well as your livers and kidneys. If you eat them regularly, you are pretty much assured to become sick over time. Wealthy people in the know eat only organic for these reasons and many countries have them out right banned or in the least labeled.

Just a reminder, Ron Paul is NOT running for the Libertarian party, which I do not support. I use to be a Green party voter until I switched just for Paul only and will go back to the Green party when he leaves politics.

I'm telling you- eat organic only.

Unless, you like the idea of eating GMO peas, designed to inhibit digestive enzymes in the pests that eat the peas, leaving them to essentially starve to death via getting no nutrition from the pea. Guess what these inhibitors would be doing to you, and your kids if you have any. Don't be ignorant on this modern day nightmare fo GMOs. If you do not think, that corn regulated as a pesticide should not be labeled as such for parents buying food for their children, your opinion means nothing to me as you have no heart or compassion.