PDA

View Full Version : 6 charged with hacking; LulzSec founder reportedly helping Feds

RonPaulFanInGA
03-06-2012, 02:42 PM
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-lulzsec-hackers-charged-20120306,0,7718257.story

Six top computer hackers associated with groups such as Anonymous, LulzSec and AntiSec have been arrested and charged in New York in connection with a series of attacks on computers used by the entertainment industry, credit card companies, intelligence firms and even an Irish political party, U.S. officials announced Tuesday.

One of the six, Hector Xavier Monsegur – also known by his computer name of “Sabu” – pleaded guilty and was said by officials to be working with the government against his former colleagues.

pcosmar
03-06-2012, 03:03 PM
One of the six, Hector Xavier Monsegur – also known by his computer name of “Sabu” – pleaded guilty and was said by officials to be working with the government against his former colleagues.

The word is Snitch. (also collaborator)

These stories seem to omit that correct descriptor.

Intoxiklown
03-06-2012, 03:12 PM
I hope Sabu's skillz are l33t.

Because he just had a serious bullseye painted on him.

squarepusher
03-06-2012, 03:40 PM
I hope Sabu's skillz are l33t.

Because he just had a serious bullseye painted on him.

thankfully its a digital bullseye. I wonder if this info is true or fake?

thoughtomator
03-06-2012, 03:43 PM
anyone point out the obvious, that given the established M.O., the whole thing was probably either a black op or entrapment from the very start?

Intoxiklown
03-06-2012, 04:39 PM
thankfully its a digital bullseye. I wonder if this info is true or fake?

Yes, this is what I meant, of course...lol

cartemj06
03-06-2012, 05:25 PM
http://troll.me/images/futurama-fry/seems-legit.jpg

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-06-2012, 06:36 PM
The word is Snitch. (also collaborator)

These stories seem to omit that correct descriptor.

They may also say that when it is untrue. Really, we suddenly believe the govt about something?

pcosmar
03-06-2012, 06:43 PM
They may also say that when it is untrue. Really, we suddenly believe the govt about something?

I would guess that if they have several members of Lulzsec,, someone snitched.

And no I don't think Lulzsec was a govt op from the start, but they were successfully embarrassing them and showing that their Security and their IT folks sucked very much bad.

It is pretty common to threaten and scare someone to snitch on all their friends.
I have observed it often enough.

Plead Guilty usually means "Made a deal". 99% of the time.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-06-2012, 06:46 PM
I would guess that if they have several members of Lulzsec,, someone snitched.

And no I don't think Lulzsec was a govt op from the start, but they were successfully embarrassing them and showing that their Security and their IT folks sucked very much bad.

Hey, I'm just sayin'. They lie a lot. They lie a lot with their own objectives in mind. It all deserves scrutiny. For all we know, he might be the only one that won't talk at all. So until we see better that what gov is saying, i think we need to be suspicious of it.

Chrysamere
03-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Hey, I'm just sayin'. They lie a lot. They lie a lot with their own objectives in mind. It all deserves scrutiny. For all we know, he might be the only one that won't talk at all. So until we see better that what gov is saying, i think we need to be suspicious of it.

Sabu is the rat, pretty much confirmed now.

Too bad, I've had chats with some of the people arrested, they're all nice people.

Edit: seems someone had a hunch a long time ago already. lol.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Virus (10:33:39 PM): only informants offer up cash for shit -- you gave yourself up with that one

Sabu (10:34:37 PM): besides that I don't ever ask you for shit?
Virus (10:34:38 PM): and I gave you none, for good reason
Virus (10:35:01 PM): you offered me pay for "Jennifer"'s Comcast data like a month or two back
Virus (10:35:12 PM): all I'm saying is, FBI informants do that

Virus (10:38:50 PM): I've also had a run in with the law, on a few occasions
Virus (10:38:57 PM): and so did my friends
Sabu (10:39:00 PM): yeah
Virus (10:39:05 PM): and a few of them became informants, and told me everything
Virus (10:39:10 PM): I know how it works
Sabu (10:39:22 PM): I'm sure you do. but that literally has nothing to do with me
Virus (10:39:35 PM): I can spot a rodent a mile away

impaleddead
03-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Was prob an agent the whole time.

pcosmar
03-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Was prob an agent the whole time.

If he was an agent he would have never been charged.

That is like saying the guy busted with a bag that rats out all the sellers he knows was an agent the whole time..
He isn't... just a snitch.