PDA

View Full Version : California Delegates

twomp
03-06-2012, 02:38 PM
3 more days to become a CA Delgate!! This is how you do it:

Each County GOP is governed by a Central Committee. If you want to become a voting member of your County GOP's Central Committee, you need to file as a candidate.

The filing period is February 13 to March 9 with an election on June 5 (same ballot as the Presidential election).

Each Assembly District gets to elect a certain number of Central Committee members.

Requirements to be a candidate

There are some strict requirements related to being a registered member of the Republican party for a certain period of time. You can find the requirements at the bottom of this page here.

How to file as a candidate

You need to obtain nomination papers from your County Clerk and obtain 20 to 40 signatures of registered Republicans within your Assembly District.

Assembly Districts have changed due to redistricting. You MUST file as a candidate in your NEW Assembly District.

P.S I've only been a Republican for a few months so I don't qualify to become a delegate but if any of you are in my district (District 11 ~ Morgan Hill), PM me and I will sign your petition. I can prob get my parents to sign as well.

tsai3904
03-06-2012, 02:51 PM
You gave instructions on how to be a Member of a County GOP's Central Committee. This has nothing to do with being a delegate.

Thanks for bringing this up though because the deadline is Friday.

You can find more information here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?357887-CA-Become-a-voting-member-of-your-County-s-Central-Committee

robskicks
03-06-2012, 03:09 PM
dang i didn't know it was so soon... or that it required signatures. thanks for the info

robskicks
03-06-2012, 03:14 PM
can we get this labeled PRIORITY PLEASE!!!

kill the banks
03-06-2012, 03:17 PM
big bump

arisenagain
03-06-2012, 03:52 PM
I meet the qualifications for district 73 basically South Orange County:

California's 73rd State Assembly district (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California's_73rd_State_Assembly_district)

Anyone Republicans on this board want to help me get signatures in the next 2 days?

I'll do this if I can get help with the signatures. I'm in Dana Point.

tsai3904
03-06-2012, 03:55 PM
I meet the qualifications for district 73 basically South Orange County:

California's 73rd State Assembly district (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California's_73rd_State_Assembly_district)

Anyone Republicans on this board want to help me get signatures in the next 2 days?

I'll do this if I can get help with the signatures. I'm in Dana Point.

You need to apply in your NEW Assembly District. I believe that is the old AD.

Anyways, you should contact Steven at steven@ronpaullosangeles.com

We may already have a full slate of Ron Paul candidates. If not, he can help you file as a candidate.

harikaried
03-06-2012, 03:59 PM
How are people getting signatures? I not sure if I'll be able to get the 30 signatures by Friday for Santa Clara Supervisoral District 1.

gerryb
03-06-2012, 04:09 PM
How are people getting signatures? I not sure if I'll be able to get the 30 signatures by Friday for Santa Clara Supervisoral District 1.

The best way is to go door to door targeting folks on a voter list. 2nd best is to go to a GOP event. Tied for 2nd is probably go door to door to an untargeted list and find registered voters.

Batman
03-07-2012, 06:44 PM
I'm in Cupertino, Santa Clara. I don't know anything about the grassroots process, so if anyone needs signatures or if there is a position they want me to run for I can go ahead. Just message me and we can discuss.

tsetsefly
03-07-2012, 06:46 PM
BUMP!!!!

Kodaddy
03-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Blimp

sailingaway
03-07-2012, 07:17 PM

do the signatures have to be from your district? I told them I'd be happy to sign for people (they already had candidates) but I don't know if we can only sign for those in our district.

opinionatedfool
03-07-2012, 07:17 PM
bump

sailingaway
03-07-2012, 07:18 PM
The best way is to go door to door targeting folks on a voter list. 2nd best is to go to a GOP event. Tied for 2nd is probably go door to door to an untargeted list and find registered voters.

First get in touch with steven as Tsai suggested. He will know if there already is someone running and also where people are collecting to sign eachothers' stuff. Take advantage of what is easily available.

eleganz
03-07-2012, 07:19 PM

just gotta roll through them...

make sure you contact steven...I'm finishing up my signatures tonight and turning them in tomorrow.

Batman
03-08-2012, 12:58 AM
Bumping.

How can I contact Steven?

tsai3904
03-08-2012, 01:23 AM
How can I contact Steven?

steven@ronpaullosangeles.com

Let him know you are interested in running as a Member of your County Central Committee. Let him know what county you are in and your address so he can figure out what Assembly District you are in.

If they already have a slate of candidates, he may need you to help sign other candidates' petitions. If there is a full slate, get all the names from him so you know who to vote for in the June 5 primary.

If they don't have enough candidates, you can file as a candidate but you'll need to gather at least 20 qualified signatures and turn it in by Friday.

eleganz
03-08-2012, 01:58 AM
guys, the deadline is march 9 for LA County...if you get started tomorrow and commit to it, you can make the deadline. I'm going to Norwalk to turn my papers in tomorrow.

digitaldean
03-08-2012, 03:43 AM
Is it best to become delegates for Newt/Santorum/Mitt so we can then flip to Paul on the 2nd or 3rd vote at the brokered convention. I don't think we will win in Cali so this way we are covered. I think Mitt will pull out win in Cali from what polls I have seen.

JJ2
03-08-2012, 03:48 AM
Thread title needs to be updated to something more urgent!

libertylastchance
03-19-2012, 09:48 AM
Urgent Opt out of America Elect
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?367741-If-you-are-a-Ron-Paul-delegate-DO-NOT-sign-up-for-Americans-Elect-%28Video%29

The e-mail address is info@americanselect.org. People need to put "Terminate account immediately!" (or something similar) in the subject field, so it won't get buried.

I simply told them that it had come to my attention that participation on their website could jeopardize someone's ability to become a delegate for a GOP candidate, and I do not want to create a conflict of interest.

I asked them to delete my account and all of my information immediately.

My guess is they aren't going to be too thrilled about it, because they use an "outside" firm to gather information. I'm guessing a place like Intellius or something, because they did already know a lot about me.

I'm sure that isn't free to them.

However, a person that has the option to sign up, must always have the option to opt out.

YOU NEED TO PRINT OUT THE E-MAIL YOU SENT..

You also need to then opt out of the acct on line and close it Next to your name on the acct..

*response is that your information will be retained for legal purpose!

save & print where you cancelled your acct.

sailingaway
03-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Urgent Opt out of America Elect
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?367741-If-you-are-a-Ron-Paul-delegate-DO-NOT-sign-up-for-Americans-Elect-%28Video%29

The e-mail address is info@americanselect.org. People need to put "Terminate account immediately!" (or something similar) in the subject field, so it won't get buried.

I simply told them that it had come to my attention that participation on their website could jeopardize someone's ability to become a delegate for a GOP candidate, and I do not want to create a conflict of interest.

I asked them to delete my account and all of my information immediately.

My guess is they aren't going to be too thrilled about it, because they use an "outside" firm to gather information. I'm guessing a place like Intellius or something, because they did already know a lot about me.

I'm sure that isn't free to them.

However, a person that has the option to sign up, must always have the option to opt out.

YOU NEED TO PRINT OUT THE E-MAIL YOU SENT..

You also need to then opt out of the acct on line and close it Next to your name on the acct..

*response is that your information will be retained for legal purpose!

save & print where you cancelled your acct.

I wouldn't mention you are going to be a delegate. Why give them that information?

Just terminate, in case someone says it is a problem.

But I wondered why this was being bumped since the 9th passed a while ago.