PDA

View Full Version : voted for Paul in Tennessee and News!

tennman
03-06-2012, 01:47 PM
My wife and I voted for Ron Paul just a few minutes ago. It was such a great feeling! I wore my "Ron Paul Is My Homeboy" hoodie all the way to the door and then took it off to comply with the sign telling me that no campaign shirts were allowed past the door.

I didn't know it'd be this way, but they had us vote for delegates. We had to pick 14 and under their name it would say, "Committed to Ron Paul" or one of the clowns. There were more Ron Paul than any others. So I voted for the 12 that were committed to Paul and for 2 others that were uncommitted.

There were only 4 or 5 delegates for Santorum. Romney probably had 8. Rick Perry probably had 6. Paul clearly had more listed. So Santorum will probably win the beauty contest but Paul could win the delegates in Tennesse.

Good news!

CTRattlesnake
03-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Very good to hear!

Paul could end up picking up a ton of delegates if things go well today

RPit
03-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Nice!

RDM
03-06-2012, 02:08 PM
My wife and I voted for Ron Paul just a few minutes ago. It was such a great feeling! I wore my "Ron Paul Is My Homeboy" hoodie all the way to the door and then took it off to comply with the sign telling me that no campaign shirts were allowed past the door.

I didn't know it'd be this way, but they had us vote for delegates. We had to pick 14 and under their name it would say, "Committed to Ron Paul" or one of the clowns. There were more Ron Paul than any others. So I voted for the 12 that were committed to Paul and for 2 others that were uncommitted.

There were only 4 or 5 delegates for Santorum. Romney probably had 8. Rick Perry probably had 6. Paul clearly had more listed. So Santorum will probably win the beauty contest but Paul could win the delegates in Tennesse.

Good news!

Who did your back seat passengers vote for?

Jeremy
03-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Interesting. Does that mean if you say you're not committed and none of the candidates have 14 (or however many you need to vote for), you will have a higher chance of winning because most people will include you in their 14?

Esoteric
03-06-2012, 02:15 PM
That's actually not how it works.

The highest vote-getting delegates will only go to the convention if their candidate qualifies for delegates. So, the actual delegate votes don't matter, other than just who will go IF Paul qualifies for delegates, based on the primary vote. It's the same in Rhode Island (I'll be on the ballot there).

roversaurus
03-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Interesting. Does that mean if you say you're not committed and none of the candidates have 14 (or however many you need to vote for), you will have a higher chance of winning because most people will include you in their 14?

Probably.

But it also means you should NEVER spread your vote around. No mater how many votes you get only vote for the candidates you really want. Voting for someone you don't want or don't know anything about just lowers the percentage of vote going to your candidate. ONLY vote for the Paul delegates.

gerryb
03-06-2012, 02:20 PM
That's actually not how it works.

The highest vote-getting delegates will only go to the convention if their candidate qualifies for delegates. So, the actual delegate votes don't matter, other than just who will go IF Paul qualifies for delegates, based on the primary vote. It's the same in Rhode Island (I'll be on the ballot there).

Buzzkill. I do remember Santorum and Gingrich didn't have a slate competing in many areas of TN so hopefully that will work to our advantage in those areas.

What happens if you get the popular vote, but don't have delegates filed? Next highest vote getters delegates are selected?

Jeremy
03-06-2012, 02:22 PM
Probably.

But it also means you should NEVER spread your vote around. No mater how many votes you get only vote for the candidates you really want. Voting for someone you don't want or don't know anything about just lowers the percentage of vote going to your candidate. ONLY vote for the Paul delegates.It also means you shouldn't exceed the amount people vote for. So it's a good thing we have no more than 14 in this example. And hopefully some of the uncommited are actually for Paul.

tsai3904
03-06-2012, 02:29 PM
What happens if you get the popular vote, but don't have delegates filed? Next highest vote getters delegates are selected?

In TN, if you win delegates but don't have delegates filed, the TN GOP will pick delegates for you.

jbauer
03-06-2012, 02:30 PM
same way over here in Mid Tn. Tons more delegates on the ballot for Paul then any of the others. Not sure that, that translates into quantity of delegates at the end of the day but hopefully it does!!! Our meetup group had determined which of the "at large" delegates were Paul people so we were able to only vote for Paul supporting delegates

tsai3904
03-06-2012, 02:33 PM

Romney is the only candidate that filed a full slate of delegates in Tennessee. We missed out on delegates in one of the Congressional Districts but as far as at-large delegates, Romney and Paul should have the same amount listed.

timbo2097
03-06-2012, 02:33 PM
I voted for Ron a couple of weeks ago during early voting and there were 10 delegates listed. They had Rick Perry delegates on the ballot as well. I counted 10 Ron Paul delegates and 4 uncommitted delegates. So I voted for the obvious 10 and then chose the uncommitted for the remaining 4.

I got about 10 people out today on the phones to go vote. I think we might do a little better than the polls predict in Tennessee.

We shall see!