PDA

View Full Version : Please keep donating REGULARLY! Ron Paul needs your financial support NOW!

Menthol Patch
11-13-2007, 04:15 PM
I urge all of you to donate regularly and as frequently as possible. Ron Paul's campaign needs your continual financial support. Participating in organized money bombs is a GOOD thing. For example, I urge everyone to sign up for the Tea Party 07 event. However, please don't stop donating BETWEEN then and now!

It's important we consider the money bombs as an ADDITIONAL opportunity to donate in a unique way, but we cannot for a moment use them as an excuse not to dig deep and donate as regularly and frequently as possible!

The Ron Paul campaign is spending money now at a quick rate and they need our steadfast support (not just on money bomb days). Some people are saying on this forum that the campaign has "all the money they need right now" and that we should not donate again until the next money bomb. That could not be FARTHER from the truth!

The campaign needs as much money as it can possibly raise as quickly as it can raise it! The primaries are coming up FAST and if we are going to WIN millions upon millions of dollars need to be spent on radio ads, television ads, direct mailings, and other forms of outreach RIGHT NOW!

The fact of the matter is that the Ron Paul campaign is very good at managing money. They are CAREFUL with the money they have and try to use it WISELY in a responsible way. That is why they probably won't run out of money by Dec. 16th even if another dime was donated until then. However, if another $50,000,000 (FIFTY MILLION) dollars was donated between now and then they would ABSOLUTELY FOR A FACT BE ABLE TO UTILIZE AND SPEND IT!

Understand this, the more money we donate NOW the more money the Ron Paul campaign can spend to win the early primaries! For every cent we donate they will WISELY save a portion and obviously spend another portion. The reason they don't spend it all now is not because they have "enough" money, but because they are fiscally responsible and realize there are 50 states in the USA they will need to spend money on to WIN!

I urge each and everyone of you to continue donating to Ron Paul's campaign as frequently and regularly as possible. The campaign needs as much money as can be raised as soon as they can get it!

Of course don't forget to participate in money bomb days such as the one featured at http://www.teaparty07.com , but please don't your participation in such an event as an excuse not to donate BEFORE then!

I challenge each of you to find reasons you CAN DONATE both before and during the next money bomb!

This campaign depends on YOU!

seapilot
11-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Donating is important without a doubt. I am saving my $ for the BTP for maximum effectiveness .Also as important is doing the other things, putting bumper stickers, signs, youtube videos, getting signatures for delagates and ballot access, writing letters to voters, canvasing neigborhoods, handing out slimjims....talking to just one new person about him a day. This is where I believe Dr. Paul is really heads above the other candidates is the millions of dollars spent by volunteers in materials and time and is just as important or more than contributions. This is the real story of this campaign. Only Romney can buy votes we have to work for them.
I always ask myself" What did I do for Ron Paul today?"

Menthol Patch
11-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Donating is important without a doubt. I am saving my $ for the BTP for maximum effectiveness .Also as important is doing the other things, putting bumper stickers, signs, youtube videos, getting signatures for delagates and ballot access, writing letters to voters, canvasing neigborhoods, handing out slimjims....talking to just one new person about him a day. This is where I believe Dr. Paul is really heads above the other candidates is the millions of dollars spent by volunteers in materials and time and is just as important or more than contributions. This is the real story of this campaign. Only Romney can buy votes we have to work for them.
I always ask myself" What did I do for Ron Paul today?"

I agree. People need to constantly donate and constantly spread the word.

JoshLowry
11-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Saving for the BTP money bomb as well. It's going to be atomic.

Ron Paul Fan
11-13-2007, 04:47 PM
We need to focus on December 16th.

Goldwater Conservative
11-13-2007, 04:59 PM
I think they have enough money right now to suit their needs, and when the Tea Party does happen it's going to buy Paul massive national media attention and at a time when more people are following politics at a cost to him in the negative millions. :D

Heather in WI
11-13-2007, 05:04 PM
I've been thinking about this, too.

The amounts raised this week are sooo small! Only $24,445 so far today and $44,838 total for yesterday.

TechnoGuyRob
11-13-2007, 05:06 PM
The campaign uses the cash on hand from the previous quarter.

Last quarter, Ron Paul made $5.3 million. That is how much he will spend this quarter. He won't spend any money he makes this quarter until next quarter. (meaning he might have more on hand than Ghouliani)

JMann
11-13-2007, 05:07 PM
Huck is about to win the day!

fourameuphoria
11-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Honestly, I think if we had 0 dollars donated from here 'till December 16th, and we raised 10 Million, it would look *hella* better than raising three million throughout the month, and hitting 7 Million on 12/16.

We now have 8 Million, which is on track with the original 4/4/4 plan, and 1 million ahead of the 3/4/5 plan. We're doing absolutely fine right now.

frasu
11-13-2007, 05:46 PM
A short push to ketch up w Huckabee... It's not a big difference... I'll go in w $50

Goldwater Conservative
11-13-2007, 05:48 PM
I've been thinking about this, too.

The amounts raised this week are sooo small! Only $24,445 so far today and $44,838 total for yesterday.

I think people are really gearing up for this next money bomb. It would seem strange if this (relatively) low trend continued and Dec. 16 wasn't of epic proportions.

Richandler
11-13-2007, 05:52 PM
I fear the donatations will look pathetic for the next 5 weeks. While Romney is spending 10 million for a commercial we refuse to hit 10 million for creating a money bomb. We still need to keep donations going. We need to hit 9 million by the end of this month. If we don't than our support clearly isn't what we thought it was. You guys had better insure a 10 million dollar day if donations daily remain so pathetic. Remember we were supposed to average 80,000 a day to get 12 million. We aren't even doing half that. 4 weeks of zero Ron Paul coverage might hurt the campaign.

Goldwater Conservative
11-13-2007, 06:10 PM
We need to hit 9 million by the end of this month.

That's still very feasible, and remember that the original goal was $7-8 million! The media won't really care that Paul is stagnating, but they will care if Paul takes in $10 million (or whatever) on a single day. I don't see how the campaign can be in trouble when it's weeks ahead of schedule.

Menthol Patch
11-13-2007, 06:26 PM
I fear the donatations will look pathetic for the next 5 weeks. While Romney is spending 10 million for a commercial we refuse to hit 10 million for creating a money bomb. We still need to keep donations going. We need to hit 9 million by the end of this month. If we don't than our support clearly isn't what we thought it was. You guys had better insure a 10 million dollar day if donations daily remain so pathetic. Remember we were supposed to average 80,000 a day to get 12 million. We aren't even doing half that. 4 weeks of zero Ron Paul coverage might hurt the campaign.

I agree. We need to keep donating.

jrich4rpaul
11-13-2007, 06:36 PM
while I agree consistant donations are important, I do believe breaking records is more important.

If you must, maybe use some money to buy things from the campaign store between now and then. I dont see enough bumper stickers around, ya know.

me3
11-13-2007, 06:40 PM
The 5th was a watershed moment for the campaign, particularly in the MSM.

A bigger, more powerful moneybomb would be the most triumphant fund raising achievement possible, much more important than maintaining the daily donate rate.

If the campaign is concerned or short of cash, they will let us know.

Ron Paul Fan
11-13-2007, 06:40 PM
$10 million on the 16th is very important and must be reached. If donations stay at about 40,000 for the next month that will put us a little over $9 million. $10 million on the 16th would create a huge splash right before the primaries and that's good. If we can push the quarter total up to $20 million on that day there would be no telling what good could come from that very historic day.

seapilot
11-13-2007, 06:41 PM
Good point jRich4rpaul , buy things from the online store at RonPaul2008.com counts as donations too.

bbachtung
11-13-2007, 06:42 PM
A short push to ketch up w Huckabee... It's not a big difference... I'll go in w $50

Thanks for pushing.

me3
11-13-2007, 06:47 PM
If you can donate now. If you want to wait, that's ok too. I just don't like people talking down the money bombs, because as Jesse Benton said on the Justin.TV briefing, the earned media of the 5th was probably worth 8 figures.

There is a ripple effect from the massive publicity of the money bombs. We can make the next one a tidal wave.