PDA

View Full Version : "I voted for Ron Paul in Massachusetts!"

Massachusetts
03-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Just voted for Ron Paul in Massachusetts. I was without doubt the only person under 50 at the precinct and I'm 20. I also met the wife of a state representative there, pretty cool. I told people it was my first time voting in the Presidential race and they were like "atta boy!" Haha.

I live in the 3rd congressional district, Middlesex County

Maybe us fellow Massachusetts residents can use this thread to keep track of how we're doing in the state? Nobody in the main boards seems to be too concerned about MA because it's Romney territory but I wanna know the details of your voting experience! :D

Aratus
03-06-2012, 10:43 AM
i voted
it was easy
no lines

danielboon
03-06-2012, 11:24 AM
voting as soon as i get out of work :D :toady:

Massachusetts
03-06-2012, 12:33 PM
I didn't have any lines either. I've also been making a lot of phone calls. A lot of voicemails. I'm gonna try calling people again after 3 when people are getting out of work and school.

RickyJ
03-06-2012, 12:40 PM
If Ron Paul wins Massachusetts then I am going to move back there!

Right now I live in sunny GA, but I will move back in a heart beat in Ron Paul wins there.

bronxboy10
03-06-2012, 12:41 PM
If Ron Paul wins Massachusetts then I am going to move back there!

Right now I live in sunny GA, but I will move back in a heart beat in Ron Paul wins there.

I wish this was possible, but I do not see it happening. I think Mitt will get 60%+...but the remaining 40% is what I am focused on. Fifteen percent is the magic number to get 6 delegates!

RDM
03-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Just voted for Ron Paul in Massachusetts. I was without doubt the only person under 50 at the precinct and I'm 20. I also met the wife of a state representative there, pretty cool. I told people it was my first time voting in the Presidential race and they were like "atta boy!" Haha.

I live in the 3rd congressional district, Middlesex County

Maybe us fellow Massachusetts residents can use this thread to keep track of how we're doing in the state? Nobody in the main boards seems to be too concerned about MA because it's Romney territory but I wanna know the details of your voting experience! :D

How many passengers went with you to the polls?

RDM
03-06-2012, 12:45 PM
i voted
it was easy
no lines

Did your passengers feel the same way?

impaleddead
03-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Middlesex 9th reporting in....as you said i was the only one under 50 there :(

RDM
03-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Middlesex 9th reporting in....as you said i was the only one under 50 there :(

I take it your passengers were also over 50?

bronxboy10
03-06-2012, 01:41 PM
I take it your passengers were also over 50?

Registered Democrats FAR outnumber Registered Republicans in MA.

My parents- Life-long Democrats (After seeing the AZ debate, my mom and sister wanted to switch from Democrat to Republican, but they missed the Feb. 15 deadline).
My aunts/uncles- Life-long Democrats.
My cousins- Democrats

My only cousin who is a Republican lives in RI. :(

So although I wish I could take some people to the poll with me, my entire family is registered Democrat. Massachusetts is a semi-open primary, which means you have to be either Republican or Unenrolled/independent to vote in the GOP primary.

Massachusetts
03-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Yeah it's tough to find non-Democrats in MA.

RDM
03-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Registered Democrats FAR outnumber Registered Republicans in MA.

My parents- Life-long Democrats (After seeing the AZ debate, my mom and sister wanted to switch from Democrat to Republican, but they missed the Feb. 15 deadline).
My aunts/uncles- Life-long Democrats.
My cousins- Democrats

My only cousin who is a Republican lives in RI. :(

So although I wish I could take some people to the poll with me, my entire family is registered Democrat. Massachusetts is a semi-open primary, which means you have to be either Republican or Unenrolled/independent to vote in the GOP primary.

No friends? No co-workers? Neighbors?

bronxboy10
03-06-2012, 02:10 PM
No friends? No co-workers? Neighbors?

Friends are all Democrats. I do not even have a local GOP committee in my ward, that is how few Republicans are in my area. There are a lot of people on my street that are involved with the (D) party in Massachusetts.

I did speak with a coworker though, I think he voted for Paul in Western MA, but he did not offer who he voted for, we only talked foreign policy. Based on what I heard, I do not think he could support any other candidate.

tommyrp12
03-06-2012, 03:24 PM
fall river -9th district i voted for ron paul.
there wasnt many people there,only one elderly gentlmen was outside holding a santorum sign.
i got my friend to vote also.

bronxboy10
03-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Just got back from a polling location in Boston (7th congressional district). Turnout was light and I was the only one who held up signs after. Right off the bat, some guy came up to me and told me Ron Paul is racist and started to go off about the Civil Rights Act of 1964. I told him we should not think of people in groups, that every human being has the same rights. I could not convince him.

Then I had 2 Ron Paul supporters come up to me who just voted for him inside, that was a good hour long conversation with the two gentlemen. Then I went a little bit down the street, put my yard side in the dirt part of the sidewalk, and started sign waving at cars for another 90 minutes. A bunch of people honked, i'd say probably 25 cars or so, which was encouraging. One lady stopped in front of me, rolled down her window, and said "He doesn't like gays" and I responded "You're misinformed" and she drove off.

So all in all, it was productive. I really am hoping that Ron Paul hits 15%, but we'll see!

Phil
03-06-2012, 06:49 PM
I voted tonight as well :D AND got my mom to come along :)

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/417761_10150660286874630_705879629_9078793_6306922 37_n.jpg

Aratus
03-06-2012, 06:52 PM
POLLS CLOSE UP HERE IN LESS THAN TEN MINUTEs

Aratus
03-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Did your passengers feel the same way?

i got my lone self dropped off at our town hall as my sister did errands.
many of my near kin are very inclined to vote Democrat. they all do not
really want to vote for rep. newt gingrich! they are not into rick S at all.

tommyrp12
03-06-2012, 11:37 PM
i voted for ron paul and brought a buddy who did the same, in the fall river 9th district this afternoon.
not much of a turn out ,there was only one elderly gentilmen with a santorum sign outside.