PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Cites Conversation with Tim Tebow in Discussion over Homeschooling

bronxboy10
03-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Ron Paul discussed a conversation he had with Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow while discussing homeschooling at a campaign event Monday night.

At a town hall discussion at the Civic Auditorium of Idaho Falls, Idaho, Paul spoke on his pro-homeschooling views, saying arguments that homeschooled children receive inadequate education have been disproven.

Read more: http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2012/03/06/ron-paul-cites-conversation-tim-tebow-discussion-over-homeschooling#ixzz1oLRGNavE

Tyler_Durden
03-06-2012, 08:20 AM
My favorite part;

"The Paul campaign told Fox News Tebow's manager, who is a Paul supporter, arranged a friendly phone call between the Republican candidate and the NFL star."

I'm just now hearing about this meeting!!! Guess it wasn't discussed in the media!!!

Bruno
03-06-2012, 08:24 AM
My favorite part;

I'm just now hearing about this meeting!!! Guess it wasn't discussed in the media!!!

It should be, but likely won't.

anewvoice
03-06-2012, 08:37 AM

If ever there was evidence of the blackout... If Tebow stumbles over a crack in the sidewalk there are 5 stories about it. He has a discussion with a Presidential candidate and nadda.

Natural Citizen
03-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Education is the one thing that I absolutely disagree with Ron on. Actually I like Newt's view on it relative to the H1-B. I don't really think it's wise to place those who are products of the old E=MC2 generation into further position to continue the notion that destroyed American manufacturing through failing to produce scientists. The same generation who neglected to comprehend the imortance of the Apollo era and instead chose to evolve into consumers of useless junk....now imported from China.

We need more scientists. Period.

EndTheFed
03-06-2012, 08:47 AM
http://www.taylormadecontent.com/App_Images/RonTebow.gif

bronxboy10
03-06-2012, 08:48 AM
http://www.taylormadecontent.com/App_Images/RonTebow.gif

Hahaha awesome. +rep

camp_steveo
03-06-2012, 08:51 AM
I was wondering about that. A lot of people I know love Tebow.

Feeding the Abscess
03-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Education is the one thing that I absolutely disagree with Ron on. Actually like Newt's view on it relative to the H1-B. I don't really think it's wise to place those who are products of the old E=MC2 generation into further position to continue the notion. The same generation who neglected to comprehend the imortance of the Apollo era and instead chose to evolve into consumers of useless junk....now imported from China.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWTYP6rcn30&feature=related

Stef is pretty killer.

bronxboy10
03-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Another source: http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articles/2012/03/06/ron-paul-channels-tim-tebow-at-idaho-campaign-event/

mavtek
03-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Education is the one thing that I absolutely disagree with Ron on. Actually I like Newt's view on it relative to the H1-B. I don't really think it's wise to place those who are products of the old E=MC2 generation into further position to continue the notion that destroyed American manufacturing through failing to produce scientists. The same generation who neglected to comprehend the imortance of the Apollo era and instead chose to evolve into consumers of useless junk....now imported from China.

So you seem to think that home schoolers may produce fewer scientists? Really? What about Scientist who home school? I think Mayik Bialik would disagree with you.

http://yourlife.usatoday.com/parenting-family/story/2012-03-05/Actress-Mayim-Bialik-writes-book-on-attachment-parenting/53372800/1

Tyler_Durden
03-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Another source: http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articles/2012/03/06/ron-paul-channels-tim-tebow-at-idaho-campaign-event/

This article says:

"Fox News reports that Mr. Tebow’s manager arranged a phone call between the former Air Force surgeon and the Denver Broncos quarterback."

Maybe there was some Press coverage of it. Some.

Bruno
03-06-2012, 09:10 AM

How effective has the federal government been through the Dept of Education since its inception in increasing the number of scientists in this country due to changes in the school curriculum?

tfurrh
03-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Waiting for the first 'Paul/Tebow 2012' comment.....:D

Cody1
03-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Homeschooling is WAAAYYY more effective than public schooling. I know sever people that have done it, let's just say there is a clearly defined line in intelligence between them and the average public school student.

well_met_sir
03-06-2012, 09:35 AM
No Child Left Behind schools are becoming more and more incapable of producing scientists. I expect that in a generation or two it will be difficult to be seriously considered for a job in science unless you were homeschooled. My extended family is composed entirely of scientists and engineers. It looks like we're all going down the homeschooling route.

Natural Citizen
03-06-2012, 09:39 AM
How effective has the federal government been through the Dept of Education since its inception in increasing the number of scientists in this country due to changes in the school curriculum?

Not very well at all. But here in my state, this is changing. S.T.E.M program, for one, is really beginning to take shape and moving in a positive direction.

Of course, your question wasn't really where I was coming from. One thing that many simply don't understand is that we're right in the middle of technological change that is abreast with other aspects of change that are premised upon the historic left-right political paradigm.

Where education is relevant we must understand that there is only one absolute where you'll find 100% bipartisan agreement and that is the space program. We're not very far off from that next big leap. In fact, it's happening and it's going completely un-noticed as folks continue to think of ipods and xbox's when they think of technology. We're way ahead of that logic.

Knowing that and knowing that your space program is in no way, never has been a civilian agency we have to seriously look at what's happening as it transists with the private sector.

Foreign policy, energy and education are three things that really should be discussed in the same sentence.

It's a rather interesting discussion but not one that is served best in a few sentences.

TonySutton
03-06-2012, 09:40 AM
I believe free market schooling would increase the number of scientists in the US. An absence of public funded schooling would open up opportunities for people like Dean Kamen and Peter Thiel to sponsor special schools across the country that would recruit students and give them greater access to learning than we currently have.

I believe we would see many different types of specialty schools, more homeschooling, etc.

KingNothing
03-06-2012, 09:40 AM
If Mitt Romney and Tim Tebow had a discussion, the African kids walking around in Patriots jerseys now would know about it. It would be the biggest story in sports and politics for a day or two. The GOP and their sycophants in the media would shove the story down our throats.

bronxboy10
03-06-2012, 09:43 AM
When government subsidizes something, prices go up!

The Federal Government is currently subsidizing college education.

Prices have SKYROCKETED in the past decade!

The Federal Government needs to butt out.

Natural Citizen
03-06-2012, 09:44 AM
I believe free market schooling would increase the number of scientists in the US.

Yes but good scientist or just those who conform to the rule of those who fund their research? Assuming education isn't stifled by the patent office, perhaps. That's actually the biggest obstacle in getting the most out of our scientists as opposed to just giving them degrees and sending them on their way..

For example, NASA's newest rover curious is fitted the with a Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator and they say that it was necessary as solar panel can't operate everywhere. Rover is the size of a car and has a 40 year life span and perhaps like others before it which have tripled that, it may do the same.

Why can't we build cars like that? Is it a matter of national security? How so, if so?

mearow
03-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Art Robinson, the scientist currently running for Congress in Oregon homeschooled his 6 children. They all majored in science--3 have doctoral degrees, 3 are in graduate school.

Natural Citizen
03-06-2012, 09:46 AM
African kids walking around in Patriots jerseys.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0vlrTVC2tQ&feature=relmfu

Mrsmithgoestowashington
03-06-2012, 09:48 AM

I am a nuclear engineer and I was homeschooled buy a mother without a degree.

matt0611
03-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Yes but good scientist or just those who conform to the rule of those who fund their research? Assuming education isn't stifled by the patent office, perhaps. That's actually the biggest obstacle in getting the most out of our scientists as opposed to just giving them degrees and sending them on their way..

For example, NASA's newest rover curious is fitted the with a Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator and they say that it was necessary as solar panel can't operate everywhere. Rover is the size of a car and has a 40 year life span and perhaps like others before it which have tripled that, it may do the same.

Why can't we build cars like that? Is it a matter of national security? How so, if so?

Why can't we build cars that last 40 years? It wouldn't make sense cost-wise.
The rover also moves really really slow. I think like 1mph maybe or less.

Natural Citizen
03-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Why can't we build cars that last 40 years? It wouldn't make sense cost-wise.
The rover also moves really really slow. I think like 1mph maybe or less.

Was referencing the source of power. Which is why I under scored it. 1mph is irrelevant, really.

I didn't really intend to go this far into such a discussion on a campaign forum though. Was just touching on what Bruno was saying.

speciallyblend
03-06-2012, 10:21 AM

I am going out on a limb and saying that tebow likes ron paul as well but his agent has said sit on the fence,but i read this as great news and an undercover endorsement, played very well:) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1f3Hr03fQ<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1f3Hr03fQ">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1f3Hr03fQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1f3Hr03fQ)

skyorbit
03-06-2012, 10:24 AM
There ARE privet space endevors, and if the FEderal government wasn'tpushing them out of the way with "free" research, we'd probably already have privately funded space programs.

TheGrinch
03-06-2012, 10:33 AM
No doubt in my mind there's a good joke here... I'll be thiking about this as I go vote, and report back...

:Tebowing: for Ron
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/31/article-2055722-0E9C920800000578-513_468x535.jpg

michael6186
03-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Please take a minute to submit this link to the Drudge Report. This could help sway some undecided evangelicals today. Just go to drudgereport.com. Scroll down and on the right is a box to send a news tip to Drudge.

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2012/03/06/ron-paul-cites-conversation-tim-tebow-discussion-over-homeschooling

sdsubball23
03-06-2012, 12:24 PM
awesome! I hope Tebow is a supporter. Imagine if he was open about it? This could influence many people to look in to Ron Paul, and perhaps support him!

_pauladin_
03-06-2012, 12:35 PM
Drudged! Good timing, too, with a Tebow headline currently near the top of the page.

joshnorris14
03-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Tebow is my God, tbh.

r3volutionpaul91
03-06-2012, 01:12 PM
this could be big if he came out in support of ron paul, real big

tfurrh
03-06-2012, 01:20 PM
this could be big if he came out in support of ron paul, real big

Even if he did, don't get your hopes up.

We've had:
Vince Vaughn
Kelly Clarkson (& almost Michelle Branch & Blake Shelton)
Voddie Baucham
Chuck Baldwin
Julie Newmar (catwoman)
Joe Rogan - 'Fear Factor'
Juliette Lewis - 'The Firm'
Oliver Stone
Arian Foster - Houston Texans
Clint Didier - WA Redskins
Tony Pashos - Cleveland Browns
Peyton Hillis - Cleveland Browns
Nolan Ryan - MLB Hall of Famer

any of these endorsements have yet to be 'big,' much less 'real big.' I thought Voddie Baucham would turn some heads.

jct74
03-07-2012, 03:03 AM
interesting. bump.

coffeewithchess
04-01-2012, 08:02 PM
How in the world did I miss this post?!
So, is this official, and is RP the only candidate that Tebow has spoken with?

coffeewithchess
04-01-2012, 08:08 PM
any of these endorsements have yet to be 'big,' much less 'real big.' I thought Voddie Baucham would turn some heads.

If it's of any encouragement to you, the Voddie Baucham endorsement made a RP convert on my FB page. The guy wasn't much into politics before...just a little...after I posted the Voddie endorsement link, the guy either saw mine or another, and started commenting positively about RP, media blackout, and even posting RP videos.

georgiaboy
04-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Nassim Taleb and Steven Colbert also.

We've had:
Vince Vaughn
Voddie Baucham
Chuck Baldwin
Julie Newmar (catwoman)
Oliver Stone

georgiaboy
04-01-2012, 09:36 PM
If ever there was evidence of the blackout... If Tebow stumbles over a crack in the sidewalk there are 5 stories about it. He has a discussion with a Presidential candidate and nadda.

To the nth power.

Agorism
04-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Do we know Tebow actually supports Paul or just is entertaining it?

sailingaway
04-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Do we know Tebow actually supports Paul or just is entertaining it?

All we know is his manager set up a call with Ron and they discussed homeschooling. I doubt he'd have done that if he DISLIKED Ron, but it doesn't make it a formal endorsement.

PolicyReader
04-01-2012, 11:58 PM
^This

SchleckBros
04-02-2012, 08:31 PM

We've had:
Vince Vaughn
Voddie Baucham
Chuck Baldwin
Julie Newmar (catwoman)
Oliver Stone

Who is the 4th most marketable person in the world behind Oprah, Adele & Kate Middleton right now?

Tim Tebow.

No one on that list even comes close.

Natural Citizen
05-12-2013, 01:32 PM
The "cult-like following" and "media frenzy" are intertwined. Tebow's huge popularity after his college success and stature as a good human won him legions of followers. And as a result, a coach told Silver he would consider signing Tebow, "But it's just not worth dealing with all the stuff that comes with it."

Heh. Used and abused. In the end Tim is the one left holding the bag.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-05-10/tim-tebow-blackballed-nfl-teams-unwanted-cult-following-media-frenzy?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl9%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D311777

Tod
05-12-2013, 02:26 PM
Heh. Used and abused. In the end Tim is the one left holding the bag.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-05-10/tim-tebow-blackballed-nfl-teams-unwanted-cult-following-media-frenzy?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl9%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D311777

The question is, was it because of his association with R.P.? :eek: ;)

robert68
06-10-2013, 04:53 PM