PDA

View Full Version : There is not enough FAITH on this forum. Here's a dose for Super Tuesday.

Rafi
03-06-2012, 02:10 AM
To my liberty minded friends out there -

I've been reading some despair on this forum recently. There is one cure for that - faith.

Despair comes from a selfish assumption that we are alone, that everything depends on us and us alone. If we lose it's all over and all our fault and if we win it's all because we're so awesome and we're the best. That is one extreme of the equation and it is wrong.

The other extreme is, "Everything is up to God and we can't do anything about what happens so let's do nothing and hope for the best."

Both extremes are bad and wrong. We need to recognize that we have to do our best, which means phone from home, donate, be a delegate, convince people, everything we can do. But we have to realize that we are NOT in control of everything. We are right and we stand for Good, but we are NOT alone. We have to have faith in whatever force created us that we are doing the right thing, and whatever happens happens in the end, and we keep going no matter what.

I hear people saying there's only a 2% chance we'll win in a brokered convention - how does anyone know that? Has there ever been a force so pure in American politics before that they have stacked a delegate convention to the point that we have?

This is a wild card and nobody knows what the hell is going to happen.

If we win the nomination, we win. If we lose the nomination, we will win some other way at some point, because freedom is the state that whatever created us wants us to be in.

Every call you make, every delegate we get, ever dollar you donate, isn't to "win the election". We have no control over that. We do have control over what we communicate to the world by calling, becoming a delegate, and donating. The more we communicate, the faster we will win. Exactly when is up to God, not us.

But we have no right to despair, because we are not alone.

Origanalist
03-06-2012, 02:12 AM
+1

Student Of Paulism
03-06-2012, 02:33 AM
Great post and i agree with it whole heartedly. But at the same time, people also need to keep things real too. I am not one to act overly positive and hopeful, to the point where i falsely believe something to be 'in the bag'. This only just leaves you feeling worse when the final outcome is the opposite of what you expected. I want Ron to win all 10 states tomorrow, but we all know that just isn't going to happen. I do all i can to spread the word and take much pride in it. I converted dozens so far and it's a great feeling, but overall, i feel the tipping point from a national level, just isn't where it needs to be.

As far as my prophecy goes, ive looked at the trends, polls, on the ground reports, and many other elements, and most probably won't like my picks here, but im just being realistic.

I say Romney will pick up 6 states tomorrow, Santorum 3 and Newt 1.

Vermont, Mass, and Virginia are no brainers, so there are already 3 you can stamp for Romney. With the way WA turned out, and being so close to ID and him winning it by more than 10%, i can only assume ID is highly probable to go Romney's way as well. Then you have OH where is he currently leading (not by a lot) and from what i hear, widening the gap against Rick with major campaign ads and spending. I feel some of the Newt supporters there will probably change their minds and just go with Romney in the end, to give him that extra push to edge out Rick. With OH being a crucial state, that in itself will pretty much cement things. That's 5. Alaska is a difficult one to judge as i really haven't heard enough on what is going on there, but since Romney is always the endless 'frontrunner', gets the most media coverage, 'the guy to beat', and so well known nationally, i can only assume again that AK will likely go his way (though there is a small possibility Rick may squeak it out).

Rick will take ND. TN and OK, since all the evangelicals/christians have been brainwashed horribly by his endless pandering and radical cathololic zealotry.

Newt will take GA, ya know, cuz um...i mean, yea, HE REPPED IN GA FOR MANY YEARS, so yea, the voters there MUST flock to him, because again, HE WAS A GA REP :rolleyes:

Ron, i feel, will unfortunately, come out of this winless. Sorry, but hey, just calling it as i see it, guys. He will do well in some states like AK/ND/ID, with a great chance to get 2nd in all 3 of those, but in the other states, i can't see him getting more than 3rd place, with the exception of VA since it is just him and Mitt on the ballot.

I hope to be proven wrong in much of this, believe me, but i feel this is a logical outcome based on many factors up to this point.

floridasun1983
03-06-2012, 02:41 AM
I think Student of Paulism summed it quite nicely. All I can do is hope for the best. If we win one state tomorrow, I will be thrilled. If we win two states tomorrow, I will pass out with excitement. I personally am bracing for winning nothing tomorrow.

Ivash
03-06-2012, 03:20 AM
I don't know how to give respect, but if I did, I would give you +1.

LibertyEagle
03-06-2012, 03:41 AM
Thank you, Rafi. I am so glad you are a member of these forums.

LibertyEagle
03-06-2012, 03:42 AM
I don't know how to give respect, but if I did, I would give you +1.

Press the little asterisk (*) at the bottom of the 1st post.

Diashi
03-06-2012, 03:49 AM
Bring on the worst of Super Tuesday! Regardless of what happens, I'm behind this effort and not moving.

DanConway
03-06-2012, 04:00 AM

If that's not clear, it's the button to the right of "Blog this Post". If you hover over it with your mouse it will say "Reputation".

speciallyblend
03-06-2012, 04:00 AM
the gop reminds me of a heroin addict. I guess the gop must first hit rock bottom before we can expect "it" to help itself out of a ditch!

Ivash
03-06-2012, 04:14 AM

Thank you kindly. I gave you and Dan +1 as well for the help.

LibertyEagle
03-06-2012, 04:18 AM
the gop reminds me of a heroin addict. I guess the gop must first hit rock bottom before we can expect "it" to help itself out of a ditch!

We are "it", sb.

Noblegeorge
03-06-2012, 04:20 AM
Great post....I especially liked your thoughts on how despair is rooted in two different extremes. Very insightful.

Noblegeorge
03-06-2012, 04:21 AM
Great post....I especially liked your thoughts on how despair is rooted in two different extremes. Very insightful.

Rafi
03-06-2012, 05:26 AM
Thank you, Rafi. I am so glad you are a member of these forums.

Me too! I just wrote a big piece on what Israel would look like under a Ron Paul presidency going through 1948 to the present. I'll post it soon. When up, send it to all your crazy Zionist neocon friends.

opinionatedfool
03-06-2012, 06:17 AM
If God be for us who can be against us? That's not to say we should sit back and do nothing because things don't work that way. But, having God's favor does go a heck of a long way.

Dear Lord, please grant Ron Paul favor today! If it be your will help him win amazingly big today. Also grant supporters favor as they go about GOTV. In Jesus name, Amen!

Rafi
03-06-2012, 06:30 AM
If God be for us who can be against us? That's not to say we should sit back and do nothing because things don't work that way. But, having God's favor does go a heck of a long way.

Dear Lord, please grant Ron Paul favor today! If it be your will help him win amazingly big today. Also grant supporters favor as they go about GOTV. In Jesus name, Amen!

I dissociate myself from the Jesus part, but other than that, אמן.

opinionatedfool
03-06-2012, 06:36 AM
I dissociate myself from the Jesus part, but other than that, אמן.

Lol, that's ok:) good thread!

Mr. Rapp
03-06-2012, 10:53 AM
I watched (Mr. Smith goes to Washington) last night. Great political movie that everybody on this forum should watch, I'm confident about Tuesday and everybody here should be too.