PDA

View Full Version : Why do YOU support Ron Paul?

kbanta11
11-13-2007, 03:39 PM
I have been a supporter for Ron Paul for quite awhile now, but am just started to take an active role. I want to ask other Ron Paul supporters, why do you support Ron Paul? What is his "hook" that keeps you or brought you to him?

Oliver
11-13-2007, 04:03 PM
I support Ron because he's able to see that foreign interferences are jeopardizing
national and international security. So free trade and diplomacy makes a lot of
sense for those living outside the US ...

Cheers,
Oliver, Germany

Jeff Smathers
11-13-2007, 04:04 PM
My proposal is to elect someone who represents and articulates the Constitutional precepts of “Less is better”. In the last 30 years there is a very strong trend shown in Republican (conservative) actions, to ‘grow’ control of its base by Corporate and government interactions either directly or by proxy.

The Democrats are no better except by the implementation of voter base promises and selective manipulation of the media and people to their own goals.

Obviously, there is no simple answer and even if Ron Paul is elected, the change will not be overnight, however, “We the People” are no longer willing to be “we the sheepole” and we need to move the this Democratic/Republic experiment back several decades.

In an engineering or science environment the control of an experiment must be based on a valid and solid hypothesis. In this case, we are changing the experiment and chasing the results based on who is controlling the experiment. OUT OF CONTROL !!

Look carefully at the trend of where we were and where we are now. The government does not represent us anymore, and “they” are no longer “us”.

I am 53 and a previous Republican Navy/Vet. and the Republicans left me years ago to follow their own persuasions and promises.

Simply, its time to reset the experiment called The United States Government....
A revolution? Perhaps. Of course, our Constitution gives us this liberty to do just that. Take care my friend.

And I will continue to sacrifice daily for the campaign by drinking coffee instead of Lattes, bringing my lunch instead of buying, disconnecting my cable, not renting videos and instead watching YouTube, and driving 5 mph slower to conserve 2 gallons of gas per month for my commute...... well, you get it.

Ron Paul 2008 'It's not your father's campaign' !

Goldwater Conservative
11-13-2007, 04:20 PM
The whole enchilada. It's the consistency of the man and his message of liberty, peace, and rule of law. Him being such an honest and good man is only a huge plus.

pcosmar
11-13-2007, 05:20 PM
For me it started with a 2nd amendment related arrest and conviction.
I went looking for my Rights and that led me to the Constitution and to some gun forums. There I heard of Ron Paul in relation to H.R 1096. I did some research on him, and I liked what I saw.
I did some more research, and the more I looked the better I like him.
My research showed me many things that have gone wrong with our country.
I have been awakened from my Media induced coma.
I have been a supporter since he announced his candidacy.

Original_Intent
11-13-2007, 05:24 PM
You know he will do what he says and sticks by his guns.
His incredible understanding and love of the Constitution.
His complete lack of fear to speak the truth despite boos, snickers, and media disdain and scorn.

Corydoras
11-13-2007, 07:14 PM
He strongly opposes the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, the Real ID Act, and HIPAA, and strongly supports the return of habeas corpus and posse comitatus.

For me, it's just that simple.

RegularRon
11-13-2007, 07:38 PM
For me it's a simple one. Pro-Constitution, Pro-life, Pro-Freedom, Pro-Liberty, Pro-Indivdualism, Pro-Gold standard and all and all, one great man.

Did I miss anything?

A.Arkansan
11-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Ron Paul is the first politician that has ever struck me as honest and sincere.
He has all the support I can give him. And that is a first for me!
Thanks for having this forum.
And Arkansas needs to get louder.

dsentell
11-13-2007, 08:41 PM
For me, at this time in history, sovereignty of the US is the most important issue. Without this, we lose everything, and without this the other issues fade into meaninglessness. RP is the only candidate who addresses this problem. He is the only one who talks about the North American Union and retaining our sovereignty.

cindy25
11-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Ron Paul is the only candidate who I know would never draft my children, nieces or nephews.
He believes a draft is morally wrong; and that is different from those who are against a draft because its currently unpopular and would not pass.

the rest-abolition of the income tax, ending the war, making social security voluntary are also important but I consider those to be just an added bonus.

I voted for Dr Paul in 1988 but did not tell anyone. Things are different this time.

Lance C Roseman
11-18-2007, 08:44 PM
I want the DEA out of MY country.
I want the FBI out of MY country.
I want the SS out of MY country.
I want the Texas Rangers out of MY country. Texas for God's sake?
I want MY country to be manipulated by MY fellow Canucks, not orders from DC.
I could go on, there are 17 US 'policing' units in MY country, but alas, my fingers weary from typing them all.
I want America to be America, not Rome on steroids.
I want America to rebound from its teetering depression and buy more of our stuff!
I want hemp legalized (I'm a cannabis breeder and the only banner or ad we have on our pro-cannabis site is a Ron Paul banner).
I want decent relations with our neighbours, not 'come to war in Afghanistan' slogans.
I want Ron Paul for President because he's lucid, intelligent and clear headed. Ya'll've got Caligula and Darth Vader running the show right now, this MUST end!
Hell I want a NAU, with we the people in charge and YOUR Constitution as the way-shower.
I want Ron PAul for president because not only can he read, he's...gasp, even written books (and they are not my pet goat).
I want Ron Paul for President because he has economic insight. Political insight, insight in general really. What with Bush/Clinton weariness for the last too many friggin' years, the rest of the World is giving up on you. And, humbly I state this, you are the LAST bastion of freedom left in a world of delusion. If YOU people don't pull this off, we are all....

jenninlouisiana
11-18-2007, 09:25 PM
Geez, where do I start? It is funny how I happened upon Ron Paul since I was leaning toward Guiliani (gasp!)... I was clicking links and wound up somewhere on the net (can't even remember where) and found out that I agreed with so many of his positions.

I guess the most important to me is to stop the war mongering. How long have we been in Iraq? (serious question.. I had been thinking 4 years, but has it been longer?) And you know we're going into Iran as soon as possible.

I have a 10 year old son and an 8 year old son. Follow the time line... another 5 years mired in Iran likely still in Iraq and our military is stretched thin (it already is).. and now we have a draft just in time for my elder son to get drafted.

And this wouldn't even be for a matter of US security. It wouldnt' have to do with patriotism or anything related to defending our lands.

On the surface that might sound a bit awfulizing and overreaching. But really, can anyone assure me that it won't happen?

(edited to add that I hadn't seen Cindy's concerns about the same issues....)