PDA

View Full Version : SCHOOL SUCKS: The American Way

mac_hine
03-05-2012, 09:07 PM
This is an important video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=okPnDZ1Txlo

Wesker1982
03-13-2012, 03:00 PM
I was going to post this. Awesome video. It needs to be spread.

libertyjam
03-13-2012, 03:05 PM
I would like to have the transcript of this.

Sola_Fide
03-13-2012, 03:05 PM
That was awesome. Thanks for posting. What a monstrous evil we are facing!

Sola_Fide
03-13-2012, 03:10 PM
Bump.

This is a must-watch.

DamianTV
03-13-2012, 03:22 PM
"Formal Education might make you a Living. Self Education will make you a Fortune."
(I dont remember the source...)

Hospitaller
03-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Required veiwing

teacherone
03-13-2012, 03:34 PM
man alive that is great.

who made this? strikingly well done and supremely effective.

Demigod
03-13-2012, 04:05 PM
Man I love this forum.

Before I got here as any other European I was 100% for gun control (well I still am for licences to own ),more public education and government control over natural resources.

But today when I look back at the 8 years I spent in primary school I realize that with proper education I could have passed all of the things I learned in 4-5 years and without the need to be 5-6 hours every day at school.

Not to mention all the useless information I was taught like how much grain Argentina produces.

Many people say that Ron Paul made them change their positions but for me at least this forum explained them completely.

My position today is that except for 2 classes Mathematics and "the language of my country " & literature for which a final exam should be taken every other class the kids take should be predetermined by them and their parents.

Cyberbrain
03-13-2012, 04:36 PM
Great video.

Though if government HAS TO BE (*cringe*) involved in education, I DO NOT want the "How?" or "Why?" in school textbooks. That is the part that must be reserved for the teacher, the classroom discussion and individual thought. Once you start having government writing what the "How?" or "Why?" should be, then that really is undeniably authoritarian indoctrination.

Wesker1982
03-13-2012, 05:07 PM
(well I still am for licences to own )

I hope you stick around. Maybe start a thread about this. If you have made it this far, I am confident there is a very good chance you will change your mind.

pcosmar
03-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Excellent.

It took me on a little trip down memory lane..Now I understand a bit more of why I never quite "fit"in.

mac_hine
03-13-2012, 09:11 PM
man alive that is great.

who made this? strikingly well done and supremely effective.

http://schoolsucks.podomatic.com/

I also recommend checking out this website. http://www.tragedyandhope.com/

They put together an amazing five hour interview with John Taylor Gatto called The Ultimate History Lesson. http://theultimatehistorylesson.com/

heavenlyboy34
03-13-2012, 09:36 PM
Epic! :) A short, easy to grasp explanation of John Taylor Gatto and Charlotte Iserbyt's work.

heavenlyboy34
03-13-2012, 09:39 PM
Man I love this forum.

Before I got here as any other European I was 100% for gun control (well I still am for licences to own ),more public education and government control over natural resources.

But today when I look back at the 8 years I spent in primary school I realize that with proper education I could have passed all of the things I learned in 4-5 years and without the need to be 5-6 hours every day at school.

Not to mention all the useless information I was taught like how much grain Argentina produces.

Many people say that Ron Paul made them change their positions but for me at least this forum explained them completely.

My position today is that except for 2 classes Mathematics and "the language of my country " & literature for which a final exam should be taken every other class the kids take should be predetermined by him and his parents. I found these to be among the worst-taught subjects in this country. I wouldn't trust the government to teach them. Only history and philosophy are worse taught than these subjects, IMO. (though innumeracy and economic illiteracy seem to be major problem areas as well)

pcosmar
03-13-2012, 09:51 PM
“When I think back on all the crap I learned in high school It’s a wonder I can think at all.“

I can read the writing on the wall.

DamianTV
03-13-2012, 10:56 PM
Man I love this forum.

My position today is that except for 2 classes Mathematics and "the language of my country " & literature for which a final exam should be taken every other class the kids take should be predetermined by him and his parents.

I know this is slightly off topic from Education, but the idea of Tests implies that a person learning the subject matter will only be able to learn the subject matter if presented to them by a Licensed Educator. It also implies that the Licensed Educator bears no responsibility for the quality of the subject matter presented to the students. A student that gets an F in any class may not be to blame if the Teacher did not do their job, thus, they should bear some of the responsibility as well. And at any time if a Teacher is found to have not done their job, they offer nothing to the students that failed the test on the subject matter retained or comprehended, they are just simply shoved on through the Factory of Education (Indoctrination) and expected to perform just as well without the information. This means to me that even the Educational Facilities dont place any value on the information they are teaching to students. Why? Because the information is not truly what is taught. What is taught is Servitutde.

Never let Education stand in the way of your Learning.

Indy Vidual
03-14-2012, 12:45 AM
"Formal Education might make you a Living. Self Education will make you a Fortune."
(I dont remember the source...)

“Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” ~Jim Rohn

Demigod
03-14-2012, 03:07 AM
I found these to be among the worst-taught subjects in this country. I wouldn't trust the government to teach them. Only history and philosophy are worse taught than these subjects, IMO. (though innumeracy and economic illiteracy seem to be major problem areas as well)

Well you could learn those subject home as well but would be required to take a test to show that you have the minimal knowledge.All other testing should be done by the high schools or universities if a student wants to join one later in his education.

Also about the second part of your post.Math teachers have long ago given up on their subject and only teach 2-3 students that they see as "special" ( from my experience with every teacher that I have had even the professor in university ) while internet destroyed the second subject with Book reviews in which almost everything about the book is explained.

oyarde
03-14-2012, 11:30 AM
Excellent.

It took me on a little trip down memory lane..Now I understand a bit more of why I never quite "fit"in. LOL

oyarde
03-14-2012, 11:32 AM
[QUOTE=pcosmar;4277824]“When I think back on all the crap I learned in high school It’s a wonder I can think at all.“

I can read the writing on the wall.[/QUOTE Great song .

Romulus
03-14-2012, 12:38 PM
bump. good video.

Kylie
03-14-2012, 02:09 PM
This is a fantastic history/current events lesson. I'm definitely getting this one some play on the interwebs!

foxtrotterz
03-14-2012, 02:40 PM
http://schoolsucks.podomatic.com/

I also recommend checking out this website. http://www.tragedyandhope.com/

They put together an amazing five hour interview with John Taylor Gatto called The Ultimate History Lesson. http://theultimatehistorylesson.com/

FTW. Agreed. I have been spreading this among family and friends who have a hard time understanding where I am coming from. Please check this out folks.