PDA

View Full Version : Victory in North Dakota is within reach!

rp08orbust
03-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Based on my surveying tonight, the race in North Dakota is as follows:

Rick Santorum 35%
Mitt Romney 28%
Ron Paul 25%
Newt Gingrich 12%

In 2008, there were 9,743 votes in the Republican caucus. Let's suppose that turnout more than doubles to 20,000. According to those percentages, Ron Paul is behind by 2,000 votes.

Grassroots for Liberty is currently identifying Ron Paul supporters in North Dakota at a cost of about $0.57 each, and we project that we'll have over 6,000 identified by caucus time tomorrow, as long as donations keep coming in. With about $2,000 raised so far, we need another $2,000 to cover all expenses for North Dakota, including text messages.

33% turnout among those we identify would be high. However, if Rick Santorum under-performs in North Dakota like he did in Washington, or if overall turnout is less than I have assumed, we just might be able to pull off a straw poll win in North Dakota tomorrow.

What Ron Paul supporter in his right mind would not want to be a part of Ron Paul's first statewide victory this year?

Please donate at rp2012.org .

PolicyReader
03-05-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm waiting for a funds to be freed in my checking account which won't happen until tomorrow :( but I plan to kick in some more when that happens.
I know it doesn't help the budgeting right now but I wanted to confirm that there is more support coming FWIW :)

PolicyReader
03-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Also just to make sure you see it

rp08orbust, i was called by your robopoll. it was very professional and full of useful information. just thought i'd post this here to say that your efforts are appreciated and worthwhile.

mr_x
03-05-2012, 08:51 PM
donated $50 just now. best of luck to us all. :)

***edit: Receipt ID d61b14e9694xxxxx

D.A.S.
03-05-2012, 08:52 PM

Rick Santorum 35%
Mitt Romney 28%
Ron Paul 25%
Newt Gingrich 12%

In 2008, there were 9,743 votes in the Republican caucus. Let's suppose that turnout more than doubles to 20,000. According to those percentages, Ron Paul is behind by 2,000 votes.

Grassroots for Liberty is currently identifying Ron Paul supporters in North Dakota at a cost of about $0.57 each, and we project that we'll have over 6,000 identified by caucus time tomorrow, as long as donations keep coming in. With about $2,000 raised so far, we need another $2,000 to cover all expenses for North Dakota, including text messages.

33% turnout among those we identify would be high. However, if Rick Santorum under-performs in North Dakota like he did in Washington, or if overall turnout is less than I have assumed, we just might be able to pull of a straw poll win in North Dakota tomorrow.

What Ron Paul supporter in his right mind would not want to be a part of Ron Paul's first statewide victory this year? Please donate at rp2012.org .

Is this being posted on the Daily Paul?

PolicyReader
03-05-2012, 08:54 PM
donated $50 just now. best of luck to us all. :)
"you must spread some reputation around before giving it to mr_x again"

mr_x
03-05-2012, 08:56 PM
"you must spread some reputation around before giving it to mr_x again"

same thing happened when i clicked on your post. :p

nyrgoal99
03-05-2012, 08:56 PM

Rick Santorum 35%
Mitt Romney 28%
Ron Paul 25%
Newt Gingrich 12%

33% turnout among those we identify would be high. However, if Rick Santorum under-performs in North Dakota like he did in Washington, or if overall turnout is less than I have assumed, we just might be able to pull off a straw poll win in North Dakota tomorrow.

What Ron Paul supporter in his right mind would not want to be a part of Ron Paul's first statewide victory this year? Please donate at rp2012.org .

Just curious how many were polled tonight?

lordindra3
03-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Well we always do over 10% better than polled in caucus states so as long as we GOTV we should be good... Sad thing is that this proves momentum is so important because when Paul was leading polls in IA, every poll had Paul with healthy lead. As a matter of fact ND was the only other state after IA with Paul on top... Tsk tsk....

opinionatedfool
03-05-2012, 09:05 PM
+rep and bump for attention. Unfortunately I can't donate tonight

WD-NY
03-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Is this being posted on the Daily Paul?

Can someone create a thread over there so we can all upvote it (then demand that it be bumped to the top of page 1... otherwise we're going to go OWS on them and take over the comments!)

RabbitMan
03-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Nicholas, you just completed your payment.

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 75Y232177G389691P.

$20.12 for Victory in North Dakota!

Origanalist
03-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Alright, I guess this has moved to a new thread so I will copy and paste my post;

Originally Posted by johndeal
The caucus is tomorrow. Is there a list yet. Or is this dead?

Good question, wtf is up with this. Is it dead or not? I now have time to make calls, what's up?

IDefendThePlatform
03-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Bump for a DailyPaul thread link?

This has to be the most important thing in the Ron Paul universe right now.

RPit
03-05-2012, 09:40 PM
The reason there is no list is because the donations came in at a very slow pace... The calls were thus started pretty late. It takes too long to then compile the list and have the volunteers call.

So for all of today's callers ID, all of the data was used to use callbank to call the 'list'..

As more callers ID'd we do we will use to compile the list, this night, and have the volunteers call tomorrow. Since ND caucus starts at 5:30pm and they can vote till 8pm. We will have time..

Since the time was of the essence thus the decision was made to use the callbank first so we can get back to the people quicker rather than rely on a volunteer list of people most of the time being less than 20 calling..

So please help us tomorrow as we compile the list tonight for our volunteers.. and again we still need the money another $2000 to complete ND.. I was very hopeful but the fundraising has been very sluggish. It takes time to do the calls, receive a response, and then compile the list. Thats why due to the lack to time it was better to use the callbank today..

So let me repeat: we need another $2000 and we need our volunteers to be making calls tomorrow!

PS: I'll post this another thread as well.

CallMeCoach
03-05-2012, 09:46 PM
My first donation...$20 FWIW

rp08orbust
03-05-2012, 09:46 PM
This has to be the most important thing in the Ron Paul universe right now.

Yep, that would explain why it's actually getting down-votes on Daily Paul.

IDefendThePlatform
03-05-2012, 09:51 PM

Unreal. I'm gonna give the benefit of the doubt and say they've got some santorum trolls over there or something.

There's nothing else I can think of that even remotely compares to the possible impact of these robopolls right now. C'mon everyone dig deep!

Origanalist
03-05-2012, 09:56 PM

Um, really? I guess I was naive thinking there wouldn't be that kind of "stupid party" shit amongst Paul supporters.

WD-NY
03-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Um, really? I guess I was naive thinking there wouldn't be that kind of "stupid party" shit amongst Paul supporters.

LINK TO THE POST

rp08orbust
03-05-2012, 10:00 PM

It peaked briefly at +10 and is now down to +7.

http://www.dailypaul.com/218585/victory-in-north-dakota-is-within-reach

Origanalist
03-05-2012, 10:01 PM
The reason there is no list is because the donations came in at a very slow pace... The calls were thus started pretty late. It takes too long to then compile the list and have the volunteers call.

So for all of today's callers ID, all of the data was used to use callbank to call the 'list'..

As more callers ID'd we do we will use to compile the list, this night, and have the volunteers call tomorrow. Since ND caucus starts at 5:30pm and they can vote till 8pm. We will have time..

Since the time was of the essence thus the decision was made to use the callbank first so we can get back to the people quicker rather than rely on a volunteer list of people most of the time being less than 20 calling..

So please help us tomorrow as we compile the list tonight for our volunteers.. and again we still need the money another $2000 to complete ND.. I was very hopeful but the fundraising has been very sluggish. It takes time to do the calls, receive a response, and then compile the list. Thats why due to the lack to time it was better to use the callbank today..

So let me repeat: we need another $2000 and we need our volunteers to be making calls tomorrow!

PS: I'll post this another thread as well.

How can I

RPit
03-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Ok, explain to me why volunteers need $2,000.

I'm not being antagonistic, just askin......

Also, I have time to man the phones tomorrow. Give me some easy directions please.

I didn't say the 'volunteers' need $2k. i said we need to raise $2000 more to finish up the robocalls, thats not free, we clearly haven't gotten to our fundraising goal yet, so the $2000 is towards that goal so more robocalls can be made. But we need the volunteers tomorrow to be making calls...

If you've called before, it'll be the same. You'll get access to the list and make calls like before.

DonovanJames
03-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Who is it on RP2012.org I need to send a message to to get the robopoll set up in Missouri? I'm sitting in the chatroom now with 5 other people

PeacePlan
03-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Just sent you 20.12 but it would not take my Visa so I had to do a echeck from my account. It will take 3 to 5 days for you to get it but you will get it. Sorry attempted Visa 3 or 4 times and it would not take it?

HenryKnoxFineBooks
03-05-2012, 10:29 PM
You just made a payment of
$20.12 USD

You just completed your payment. Christopher, you just completed your payment.
Your transaction ID for this payment is: 4UD0XXXXXXXX5021K

Origanalist
03-05-2012, 10:29 PM
I didn't say the 'volunteers' need $2k. i said we need to raise $2000 more to finish up the robocalls, thats not free, we clearly haven't gotten to our fundraising goal yet, so the $2000 is towards that goal so more robocalls can be made. But we need the volunteers tomorrow to be making calls...

If you've called before, it'll be the same. You'll get access to the list and make calls like before.

Sorry, I tried to take that off as soon as I hit post. Mea culpa

Question, I'm new to making calls. Will I be calling people who have already been called?

DanConway
03-05-2012, 10:30 PM
I don't think I'll be able to do the calling tomorrow night. Work gets in the way, and I'm a bit sick. I can dig deep for a donation one...more...time...if you're willing to match me.

Can you match $100? Tonight? This is sure to be a close one. Don't let yourself wonder if you could have made the difference of a few tens of votes that separated us from a win. Even a win by one vote is a win here. Let's make it happen.

And please, call if you can. There's no doubt that this program in Washington got us into second place. It's easy; most people you call will be supporters of Paul.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
03-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Paypal'd it :)

wrestlingwes_8
03-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Does anyone have a link to the official state rules in North Dakota? Can non-resident college students vote in the caucus? I will get a bunch of friends to vote in the caucus tomorrow if that's possible. Also, can't wait to see Ron speak in Fargo tomorrow!!!

Origanalist
03-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Paypal'd it :)

I hate Paypal, but..........
it get's the job done.

timreichstein
03-05-2012, 10:37 PM
I usually don't donate to grassroots projects unless its in my area...but this is a worthy cause that has a proven track record.

Thanks tim!

You contributed $40.00 to Win North Dakota!

3/6/2012
Receipt ID 1c44d4b17b0068a8
Paid By: tim reichstein
For: Win North Dakota!
Method: PayPal
Total: $40.00

IDefendThePlatform
03-05-2012, 10:37 PM
Does anyone have a link to the official state rules in North Dakota? Can non-resident college students vote in the caucus? I will get a bunch of friends to vote in the caucus tomorrow if that's possible. Also, can't wait to see Ron speak in Fargo tomorrow!!!

According to this, yes, they just have to bring their student ID and I believe either it has to have their local address on it or they have to bring something to show a local address such as a utility bill:
http://www.northdakotagop.org/caucus/

Origanalist
03-05-2012, 10:40 PM
It peaked briefly at +10 and is now down to +7.

http://www.dailypaul.com/218585/victory-in-north-dakota-is-within-reach

You're at plus 15 now, but, 1st post;

Pay little attention to this. I'm on the front lines here in North Dakota. We think we have enough to blow Santorum out of the water. Keep in mind, we're the only campaign physically present in North Dakota for over four months. Our team in Fargo has been turning thousands and thousands of phone calls. Paul is speaking at the caucus.

Keep in mind ND was one of Paul's best states in 08. Keep in mind ND is the only state where Paul has by far received more donations than his rivals, including Obama.

And.. Keep in mind... to further persuade voters, Ron Paul is speaking in Fargo at the Caucus.

We got this.
---------

ugh

IDefendThePlatform
03-05-2012, 10:50 PM
You're at plus 15 now, but, 1st post;

Pay little attention to this. I'm on the front lines here in North Dakota. We think we have enough to blow Santorum out of the water. Keep in mind, we're the only campaign physically present in North Dakota for over four months. Our team in Fargo has been turning thousands and thousands of phone calls. Paul is speaking at the caucus.

Keep in mind ND was one of Paul's best states in 08. Keep in mind ND is the only state where Paul has by far received more donations than his rivals, including Obama.

And.. Keep in mind... to further persuade voters, Ron Paul is speaking in Fargo at the Caucus.

We got this.
---------

ugh

Someone needs to repost the results of rp08orbusts poll over there Santorum IS WINNING. Unless something dramatic happens with the Robopolls or some other huge GOTV effort (like advertising Ron's appearance) we will lose. Again. In the best state we have a chance at tomorrow. If we get zero wins on super Tuesday that's gonna hurt.

Donate! Spread this thread!

pauliticalfan
03-05-2012, 10:50 PM

Awesome! Bring your friends! Help us win North Dakota!

RabbitMan
03-05-2012, 10:58 PM
How do I volunteer to call? Is it the same thing as the Campaign phone-from-home?

skyorbit
03-05-2012, 10:59 PM
They have to bring proof of at least 30 days of residency. I believe that's it.

rp08orbust
03-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Someone needs to repost the results of rp08orbusts poll over there Santorum IS WINNING. Unless something dramatic happens with the Robopolls or some other huge GOTV effort (like advertising Ron's appearance) we will lose. Again. In the best state we have a chance at tomorrow. If we get zero wins on super Tuesday that's gonna hurt.

Donate! Spread this thread!

I just replied to that post on DP by pointing out that my robopolls before Washington proved pretty accurate (which was certainly better than PPP being proved accurate, as would have happened without our efforts).

Xenliad
03-05-2012, 11:05 PM
They have to bring proof of at least 30 days of residency. I believe that's it.

If you forget your ID you are allowed to take an oath saying that you are eligible to vote. That probably doesn't apply to Ron Paul people though!

alucard13mmfmj
03-05-2012, 11:18 PM
If you forget your ID you are allowed to take an oath saying that you are eligible to vote. That probably doesn't apply to Ron Paul people though!

so if ID is not needed... u can vote multiple times eh?

parocks
03-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Who is it on RP2012.org I need to send a message to to get the robopoll set up in Missouri? I'm sitting in the chatroom now with 5 other people

RP08orbust is the one who does the robopolling. Start with money.

parocks
03-05-2012, 11:45 PM
How do I volunteer to call? Is it the same thing as the Campaign phone-from-home?

It's different

Sentinelrv
03-05-2012, 11:46 PM
Just spread this thread around on Facebook. We need to raise more funds.

Krtek
03-05-2012, 11:52 PM
$20.12 USD

Bump. This state really is our big chance tomorrow. It would be insanity on our part not to get to the $4000.

PeacePlan
03-05-2012, 11:54 PM
$20.12 USD

Bump. This state really is our big chance tomorrow. It would be insanity on our part not to get to the $4000.

+rep

Origanalist
03-05-2012, 11:55 PM

Just guessing by looking at the views of the posts there must be a few thousand regular readers of this forum.

?

Origanalist
03-06-2012, 12:10 AM
What happened to the Idaho donations? I don't see them anymore, if it's been abandoned put the little that was donated towards N.D.

$45.00 of it was mine.

PolicyReader
03-06-2012, 12:17 AM

$20.12 USD

True statements and +rep

I've made phone calls, sent SMS messages, written e-mails, and shared on multiple facebook pages. Keep spreading this around it's a call we as the grassroots can (and really need to) answer.

+rep to the donors :D

Origanalist
03-06-2012, 12:47 AM
bump

PolicyReader
03-06-2012, 01:11 AM
bump

johndeal
03-06-2012, 01:23 AM
For when we are making calls tomorrow does someone have a tool to find the nearest caucus location for each contact?

parocks
03-06-2012, 01:30 AM
http://www.northdakotagop.org/caucus/ has the info

johndeal
03-06-2012, 01:41 AM
I know that site but I am unfamiliar with nd geography so if someone tells me they live in Podunk there's no way I can look at that list and tell them where the nearest polling location is. Can someone make a widget or something to help out ?

wrestlingwes_8
03-06-2012, 02:09 AM
I know that site but I am unfamiliar with nd geography so if someone tells me they live in Podunk there's no way I can look at that list and tell them where the nearest polling location is. Can someone make a widget or something to help out ?

http://mapq.st/xayqWd

Best I could do, which isn't much..

Just type into MapQuest whatever town the person mentions and then it'll show nearby caucus places.

Side note: It's kind of ridiculous there isn't a caucus place even close to the Sioux Reservation...

Origanalist
03-06-2012, 02:09 AM
Midnight bump

RPit
03-06-2012, 02:13 AM
Sorry, I tried to take that off as soon as I hit post. Mea culpa

Question, I'm new to making calls. Will I be calling people who have already been called?

You will be calling people who were roboPOLLed and indicated they supported Ron Paul in the survey. Most of these thus should be people who are Ron Paul supporters and we hope that they are new ones that haven't been contacted by the campaign before. I think people's experience from prior list shows that there were many that weren't contacted before and needed information..

So to make it simple and optimistic: You will be calling Ron Paul supporters who need your help to get all the information they need to go out and vote.

Origanalist
03-06-2012, 02:17 AM
Thanks for the reply, I've given all the fed notes I can. Tomorrow I'll give all the time I can. I will ask this again, if I can't be by my computer will I be able to make calls?

Origanalist
03-06-2012, 02:28 AM
I went here http://rp2012.ning.com/main/authorization/signUp? and didn't figure out how to help.

RPit
03-06-2012, 02:38 AM
ya you can take a print out of the sheet and make calls away from computer, just sign up you'll be contacted tomorrow with further details.

PolicyReader
03-06-2012, 02:38 AM
You will be calling people who were roboPOLLed and indicated they supported Ron Paul in the survey. Most of these thus should be people who are Ron Paul supporters and we hope that they are new ones that haven't been contacted by the campaign before. I think people's experience from prior list shows that there were many that weren't contacted before and needed information..

So to make it simple and optimistic: You will be calling Ron Paul supporters who need your help to get all the information they need to go out and vote.

This has been my experience with calling using this program.

IDefendThePlatform
03-06-2012, 05:22 AM
For when we are making calls tomorrow does someone have a tool to find the nearest caucus location for each contact?

I think this should do that:
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/caucus/north-dakota-conventions/

Also worth repeating that anyone who has will be 18 by november and lived in North Dakota for 30 days or more is eligible to vote. So bring a utility bill and an ID and I think you're fine.

IDefendThePlatform
03-06-2012, 07:18 AM
Bump for more donations. Only $994 more left to go to reach the goal!

rp08orbust
03-06-2012, 07:25 AM
I think this should do that:
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/caucus/north-dakota-conventions/

That seems to only be for finding district conventions. Mitt Romney always has his shit together, so I looked at http://www.mittromney.com/states/north-dakota , and he simply directs people to http://www.northdakotagop.org/caucus to find their caucus. If there were an online tool that made it any easier, he would have linked to it.

pibrahim
03-06-2012, 07:52 AM
Very interesting figures (if not slightly disappointing), rp08orbust - did you do anything like this in Alaska?

rp08orbust
03-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Very interesting figures (if not slightly disappointing), rp08orbust - did you do anything like this in Alaska?

We were planning on doing the same in Alaska if we raised enough money, but we have yet to raise enough money for North Dakota, not to mention Idaho, where we believed our second best shot was.

Liberty74
03-06-2012, 08:26 AM
Saying stuff like "let's suppose" and if this occurs or if that occurs is meaningless. I hate it when people make assumptions. It basically says you don't know what you're talking about.

The primary comes down to one thing and one thing only for all states. You win the old vote, you win the state. Period! Unless Ron is competitive with the old vote instead of getting 3-11%, it does not matter how many phone calls you do or how much someone donates. It's why we haven't one a state people. Ron has to get 20-25% of the old vote and let the youth vote carry him over the top or at least a strong second. It's the only way we win!

johndeal
03-06-2012, 09:39 AM
That seems to only be for finding district conventions. Mitt Romney always has his shit together, so I looked at http://www.mittromney.com/states/north-dakota , and he simply directs people to http://www.northdakotagop.org/caucus to find their caucus. If there were an online tool that made it any easier, he would have linked to it.

Well at least we're not behind Romney on this one. Is there some way to add all the addresses at http://www.northdakotagop.org/caucus to Google maps then add the address of the person we're calling so we can tell them where their closest caucus is? This shouldn't be that hard.

And where is the list?

johndeal
03-06-2012, 09:44 AM
For those of you who had access to the Washington list. The ND list is now up with 480 phone numbers. It's 9:45 in eastern ND so I'd say go for it in 15 minutes.

PeacePlan
03-06-2012, 10:00 AM
The campaign should fund this or the superpaks. Too bad we need to depend on chip-ins to make this happen?

bnvalerie
03-06-2012, 10:09 AM
Just over $500 to go!

seawolf
03-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Let's keep pushing. This RP Grassroots project is important!!!

bnvalerie
03-06-2012, 10:39 AM
One awesome phonebanker's first 8 calls:
Left 1 voicemail
Spoke with 7 Ron Paul supporters
6 of those are going to Caucus plus 1 maybe
2 of those are bringing 2 more
2 are bring 1 more

So, 12 Ron Paul supporters to caucus in just 8 calls!

Donate, and call!!!

coolguy67
03-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Left 1 voicemail
2 are bring 1 more

Donate, and call!!!

Wow, that's awesome.

rp08orbust
03-06-2012, 10:42 AM
If someone can go to http://www.northdakotagop.org/caucus/ and manually look up the zip codes for each caucus location, I can probably throw together something that finds the nearest caucus location for a given zip code using data from zip-codes.com.

wrestlingwes_8
03-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Well at least we're not behind Romney on this one. Is there some way to add all the addresses at http://www.northdakotagop.org/caucus to Google maps then add the address of the person we're calling so we can tell them where their closest caucus is? This shouldn't be that hard.

And where is the list?

You must have missed my previous post

Here is the link again to the MapQuest map I made with all the caucus locations: http://mapq.st/xayqWd

tsai3904
03-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Left 1 voicemail
2 are bring 1 more

Donate, and call!!!

Of those 6 that are going, were they already planning on going and did they know where to go?

rp08orbust
03-06-2012, 10:49 AM
You must have missed my previous post

Here is the link again to the MapQuest map I made with all the caucus locations: http://mapq.st/xayqWd

Would you happen to have the zip codes for each caucus location handy? If so, it looks like it would be pretty easy for me to create a spreadsheet with the nearest caucus location for each of the 394 zip codes in ND. Callers could then simply ask for a person's zip code and look up the nearest location.

rp08orbust
03-06-2012, 10:50 AM
Of those 6 that are going, were they already planning on going and did they know where to go?

More specifically, did they make plans to go before or after the robocall last night?

tsai3904
03-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Would you happen to have the zip codes for each caucus location handy? If so, it looks like it would be pretty easy for me to create a spreadsheet with the nearest caucus location for each of the 394 zip codes in ND. Callers could then simply ask for a person's zip code and look up the nearest location.

I can find the zip codes and send them to you. PM me your email and give me like 10 minutes to compile them.

rp08orbust
03-06-2012, 10:57 AM
I can find the zip codes and send them to you. PM me your email and give me like 10 minutes to compile them.

Barrex
03-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Left 1 voicemail
2 are bring 1 more

Donate, and call!!!

That doesnt tell us anything about effectiveness of this program. The real question is how many people does get persuaded to go and vote and not how many of them would get and voted without call..

P.s.
I am not criticizing so please dont go all gay claw attack on me.

Revolution9
03-06-2012, 11:09 AM
same thing happened when i clicked on your post. :p

Get a hotel room;)

Rev9

rp08orbust
03-06-2012, 11:11 AM
That doesnt tell us anything about effectiveness of this program. The real question is how many people does get persuaded to go and vote and not how many of them would get and voted without call..

P.s.

This is true, though a statistical argument can be made that the high rate of those intending to vote for Ron Paul is mostly the result of the robocall, since 1) a miniscule percentage of the state will actually vote in the caucus and 2) the portion of the population reached by the robocall is quite small. The probability of these two groups of people overlapping to such a great extent would be low unless the robocalls themselves are persuading people to vote.

It would be nice to have empirical evidence to support this conclusion though.

speciallyblend
03-06-2012, 11:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8de2W3rtZsA<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8de2W3rtZsA">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8de2W3rtZsA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8de2W3rtZsA)

RPit
03-06-2012, 11:43 AM
We need more volunteers to call..

Please sign up at www.rp2012.org

And PM me your name, number, and email... this way i'll get someone to get back to you quicker otherwise you might have to wait longer.

kathy88
03-06-2012, 11:49 AM
We need more volunteers to call..

Please sign up at www.rp2012.org

And PM me your name, number, and email... this way i'll get someone to get back to you quicker otherwise you might have to wait longer.

Hey, did I just talk to you a little while ago?

RabbitMan
03-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Still need help with zip codes?

bnvalerie
03-06-2012, 12:08 PM
74 numbers dialed.
44 Ron Paul supporters IDed
58 going to caucus
5 maybe

johndeal
03-06-2012, 12:13 PM

Sent you a PM

Wolfgang Bohringer
03-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by Barrex

P.s.

This is true, though a statistical argument can be made that the high rate of those intending to vote for Ron Paul is mostly the result of the robocall, since 1) a miniscule percentage of the state will actually vote in the caucus and 2) the portion of the population reached by the robocall is quite small. The probability of these two groups of people overlapping to such a great extent would be low unless the robocalls themselves are persuading people to vote.

It would be nice to have empirical evidence to support this conclusion though.

But the main purpose of the phone-banking that we did last Friday with 1,500 robo-ID-ed Washingtion voters and today with 400 North Dakota robo-qualified phone numbers--apart from the robo-call id and message itself--is to inspire RP supporters to learn where, when, and how to vote and to actually commit to do it.

bnvalerie didn't answer the questions about how many of those committing to vote would have done so without the phone call. I just signed up a few minutes ago and I'm looking at the spread sheet right now and I can see from the excellent notes that the callers are making that there are lots of RP supporters who wouldn't have known where to be and when if not for these calls.

So, if you read the results reported on the WA threads from Friday, its proven that this method works at giving RP supporters knowledge of when and where to vote and changes their attitudes about actually doing it. Whether or not they actually follow through is another story.

But even if they do. We would have to have 10 times the callers we've had in order to make a big enough impact. I think the biggest thing I accomplished by skipping working on Friday and making phone calls was to contribute toward a proof of concept. And toward that end I think we were successful--we proved the concept. But the point of proving the concept was to inspire more phone callers for a day like today. And by looking at the spread sheet, we didn't succeed at that goal.

tsai3904
03-06-2012, 01:01 PM

Sent you a PM

rp08orbust has the zip codes

Wolfgang Bohringer
03-06-2012, 01:12 PM
I need them too.

RPit
03-06-2012, 01:18 PM
Rabbitman someone will be calling you to set you up now, sorry I was away for 2hrs..

anyways we only have like 7 people calling... Help out please!

And send me a PM (I'll be quick now I'm back): name, phone, email

Please we need to turn out the calls! Only 7 people so far, which is so disappointing. Help out!!! GOTV, TODAY IS SUPER TUESDAY FOLKS!!! We need a win!

RabbitMan
03-06-2012, 01:25 PM
I think you should make a new thread urging people to join in on these final hours. The Thread Title doesn't really explain what this is about. And list the steps with all hyperlinks present in how to jump in. It was a little clunky(took me forever to realize that to register on rp2012.org I had to click on log-in first), we'll at least get 7 more people in.

RabbitMan
03-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Guess I'll try making a new thread after I finish my first 4 calls!

bnvalerie
03-06-2012, 03:24 PM
More callers are needed! We had a lot of great callers for Washington, we need them all to help now! Let's reach every single RP supporter we can! GOTV!!!

RonPaulRules
03-06-2012, 03:26 PM
http://www.luishurtado.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/ItsGoTime.jpg

rb3b3
03-06-2012, 03:27 PM
I signed up like Washington, no one contacted me yet?????? I have to start calling now!!

Wolfgang Bohringer
03-06-2012, 03:34 PM
I pm-ed you with Valerie's phone #

PolicyReader
03-06-2012, 04:10 PM
bump

Xenliad
03-06-2012, 04:16 PM
I got robocalled. So did my 14 year old sister...

JJ2
03-06-2012, 04:20 PM

Rick Santorum 35%
Mitt Romney 28%
Ron Paul 25%
Newt Gingrich 12%

Does the Robopoll ask if they are definitely caucusing, though? Or do those results only reflect how people would vote if they weren't too lazy to actually vote? ;)

rp08orbust
03-06-2012, 04:22 PM
I got robocalled. So did my 14 year old sister...

Prepare to be SMS'd too ;)

gerryb
03-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Does the Robopoll ask if they are definitely caucusing, though? Or do those results only reflect how people would vote if they weren't too lazy to actually vote? ;)

It just determines who they prefer. A follow up message urges them to participate and gives info on how.

Follow up phone-banks with live callers follows up and urges them to participate and answers questions they may have.

In WA, 65% who preferred RP said they would caucus for him when they were called. A lot of people obviously lied, but if only 10% of those 65%(aka 6.5% of the original ID's) did attend the caucus, it moved RP up to 2nd place in WA.

eff
03-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Guy on KFGO radio has been talking about the robocalls for an hour. Had a guy on saying there illegal in ND

JJ2
03-06-2012, 04:48 PM
"Some states (23 according to DMNews) have laws that regulate or prohibit political robocalls.[8] Indiana and North Dakota prohibit automated political calls."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robocall

Does that mean that the pollsters are not even allowed to call IN or ND???

All I can say is that I'm glad we didn't know this before now! ;)

RPit
03-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Good thing is that its only a civil penalty.. I was just reading up on this... Phew! Hopefully no one will get in trouble, and we win ND.