PDA

View Full Version : My local new paper explains their lack of Ron Paul coverage

palm
03-05-2012, 06:50 PM
The editor just got off of the phone with me, he talked for about en minutes, saying Ron is an excellent candidate, he agreed that he had a lion-share of he delegates, though he paper today said he was in last place.

He said Ron Paul doesn't say anything dumb and since that's all the associated press covers is dumb stuff, they have no stories.

:|

He said they will giv him more coverage now.

kathy88
03-05-2012, 06:51 PM
The editor just got off of the phone with me, he talked for about en minutes, saying Ron is an excellent candidate, he agreed that he had a lion-share of he delegates, though he paper today said he was in last place.

He said Ron Paul doesn't say anything dumb and since that's all the associated press covers is dumb stuff, they have no stories.

Excellent. How large a circulation is it, do you know?

Give me liberty
03-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Wow that's nice but CNN said he was second with the delegates.

Tyler_Durden
03-05-2012, 06:53 PM
The editor just got off of the phone with me, he talked for about en minutes, saying Ron is an excellent candidate.......

So calling our newspaper editors might be effective? interesting.

palm
03-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Excellent. How large a circulation is it, do you know?

York County Pa

500,00 plus people

maybe, idk

my hometown in jersey, newark
was home to 500,000 people

ravedown
03-05-2012, 06:59 PM
isn't the fact that someone so incredibly outside the mainstream GOP spectrum on so many issues, is still making difference and resonating with voters when he was totally written off all along? at least worthy of a blurb? his views are becoming more and more mainsteam everyday-its a revolution of the heart and mind.
besides, is wall to wall copy and pasted AP romney santorum coverage really selling that many advertisements?

kathy88
03-05-2012, 06:59 PM
York County Pa

500,00 plus people

maybe, idk

my hometown in jersey, newark
was home to 500,000 people

Oh snap. York's pretty big.

Danan
03-05-2012, 07:07 PM
isn't the fact that someone so incredibly outside the mainstream GOP spectrum on so many issues, is still making difference and resonating with voters when he was totally written off all along? at least worthy of a blurb? his views are becoming more and more mainsteam everyday-its a revolution of the heart and mind.
besides, is wall to wall copy and pasted AP romney santorum coverage really selling that many advertisements?

You're right. Ron is a political phenomenon, I'm really amazed that this gets so downplayed.

PolicyReader
03-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Yeah it's something to think about isn't it?

DerailingDaTrain
03-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Someone did that in my county apparently because there was an article about it in the paper basically calling us whiners.

Indy Vidual
03-05-2012, 07:25 PM
2nd > 4th:

On air and / or is there a link for that?

John of Des Moines
03-05-2012, 08:23 PM
What a bullshit answer.

Should have told the editor that you expect a newspaper to find a source of news that reports on non-dumb stuff.

unknown
03-05-2012, 08:59 PM

Good job patriot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

invisible
03-05-2012, 09:35 PM
I know the OP personally, and introduced him to Ron Paul. Didn't know you had joined here, great to have you! Nice to see you are continuing your activism. I'll bet that you just can't wait to vote in the first election you're able to, and to proudly cast that vote for Ron! (remember to also find out who the right slate of delegates are, and vote for them) Make sure your sister turns out to vote and brings people with her as well, tell her I said hello and to look for an email from me. How have your efforts been going, with regards to talking with people in your church? Been waiting for your call, get ahold of me sometime, I don't have your new number!

nano1895
03-05-2012, 09:44 PM

Personally calling, sending in letters, expressing your complaints/outrage to people are usually highly effective because most editors/news people/magazine writers you name it assume that for every assertive person who stood up and was willing to write in / call in and express their opinions there's hundreds if not thousands of people who silently agree but were not willing to say anything.

Pretty interesting commentary here: "Why don't we Complain?"

http://www.smartercarter.com/Essays/Buckley%20-%20Why%20Dont%20We%20Complain.html

J_White
03-05-2012, 09:54 PM
when did they say that ?
u r not referring to the King interview after the debate, are you ?