PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on this forum in the 11th district?

Rebelrouser
03-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Hi folks. Just joined the forums yesterday. I'm considering becoming a delegate here in the 11th district (Fairfax, Woodbridge). Never even considered getting involved until recently and it would be nice to meet others in this district who are campaigning for Ron Paul and other liberty-oriented candidates (offically or not), are looking to become delegates themselves, or have a knowledge of the Republican landscape in this district and Prince William Country so I could be better prepared should I decide to take the plunge into GOP land.

Thanks!

sspicer
03-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Hi rebelrouser!!! I am in congressional district 11, Lake Ridge, near the baseball stadium!
Nice to hear from another RP supporter in the area. Unfortunately, I am not too familiar with the inner workings of the Va delegate system. Good luck there.

My kids and I all have RP stickers on our cars and we have just been saying how unenthusiastic this area is for RP. We are the only visible RP support we see around here. And most people are not very receptive. Boo. I have been buying brochure mailing for more hopeful places like Nevada, etc.
Is N. VA just too political and too many people employed by big government? I don't know.
But I am hopeful. Lots of young people taking over in the near future. My kids are converting their friends. They will start voting seriously at some point!
Happy voting.

Rebelrouser
03-06-2012, 08:47 AM
I've been doing my best to spread the word and inform people. I know quite a few people who support him, one of whom lives in Fairfax. I live in here in Woodbridge, so I know what you mean. Most folks here just vote party-line and pay very little attention to the candidates and issues. Look at what our Board Of Supervisors have gotten away with over the years and you'll see what I mean.

thoughtomator
03-24-2012, 11:03 PM
Hi guys, I am also in 11th CD - keep in mind that the districts just got redrawn, make sure you know your new district. If you are in the new 11th, check out http://vaughnforcongress.com - I met him and talked with him at length and he gets a strong personal endorsement from me, he is the liberty House candidate for our district.

Rebelrouser
03-25-2012, 12:24 AM
Ken Vaughn appears to be very liberty-minded. Could be a tough battle for him though as his opponent, Chris Perkins seems to be getting a lot of support from the Republican party itself.

helmuth_hubener
03-25-2012, 12:52 AM
Was it not the 11th District which rioted against the oppression of the government in the movie The Hunger Games which just came out? Good luck, guys! BRING THEM DOWN!!!

eduardo89
03-25-2012, 12:56 AM
Was it not the 11th District which rioted against the oppression of the government in the movie The Hunger Games which just came out? Good luck, guys! BRING THEM DOWN!!!

District 12

helmuth_hubener
03-25-2012, 12:59 AM
But I think it was 11 where the riot happened when she was holding up the three finger salute of defiance after the little tree-climbing girl dies. A black guy gets mad and starts it, maybe tree-climbing girl's dad?