PDA

View Full Version : Santorum endorsed Rand Paul's primary opponent!

JJ2
03-05-2012, 02:22 PM
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/03/05/rand-paul-on-why-santorum-is-wrong-about-everything/

It’s also worth noting here as a reminder of Santorum’s true political nature, that when Paul was running for the Senate in 2010 Santorum endorsed Paul’s GOP primary opponent, the choice of the party establishment. Jim DeMint and Sarah Palin wanted a true conservative to win that race and endorsed Rand Paul. Santorum opposed them in this effort. Today we are to believe that Santorum’s “Tea Party?” or “anti-establishment?” Yeah right.

Wow. I did not know this! Let's get this out there for all of those "Tea Partiers" who are voting for Santorum!

Fraulein
03-05-2012, 02:33 PM
The Tea Party got hijacked a long time ago bro.

JJ2
03-05-2012, 02:58 PM
The Tea Party got hijacked a long time ago bro.

Yeah, but if they hear that Santorum was working against the Tea Party candidates, it should hurt him with those voters!

qh4dotcom
03-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Yeah, but if they hear that Santorum was working against the Tea Party candidates, it should hurt him with those voters!

Those voters most likely don't give a s**t

Squid
03-05-2012, 03:30 PM
The Tea Party boat sailed a long time ago when they stopped remembering their sole purpose. STOP THE DEBT.

Now it is a mixture of racist, establishment, religious radical hacks that have gone stride for stride with BIG GOVERNMENT.

Sola_Fide
03-05-2012, 03:42 PM
The Tea Party boat sailed a long time ago when they stopped remembering their sole purpose. STOP THE DEBT.

Now it is a mixture of racist, establishment, religious radical hacks that have gone stride for stride with BIG GOVERNMENT.

It's not that way in Kentucky. The tea parties are still concerned about debt. I think the problem that a lot of people have is they associate the national idiots who call themselves "the tea party" with the local, homegrown small government activism. They don't necessarily coincide....at least that is my sense here in Kentucky.

Squid
03-05-2012, 03:51 PM
It's not that way in Kentucky. The tea parties are still concerned about debt. I think the problem that a lot of people have is they associate the national idiots who call themselves "the tea party" with the local, homegrown small government activism. They don't necessarily coincide....at least that is my sense here in Kentucky.

Good for Kentuckians as long as the Message of DEBT Remains the Priority issue the Kentucky Tea Party can remain a force. Unfortunately the Tea Party has fallen to collectivism and social benefits in almost every other state. Good to see Kentucky is strong.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-05-2012, 03:59 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/k4e1q1.jpg

Sola_Fide
03-05-2012, 04:03 PM

What a trio of fail that is!

samforpaul
03-05-2012, 04:03 PM
^ I believe it should be noted that Dr. James Dobson quickly withdrew his support for Trey because he had been "lied to". He endorsed Rand upon withdrawing his support to Trey.

PaulSoHard
03-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Santorum endorsed Rand's opponent, Jim DeMint and Palin, 2 well known conservatives, endorsed Rand.

And Santorum says he's the conservative alternative to Romney.

BKom
03-05-2012, 04:53 PM
^ I believe it should be noted that Dr. James Dobson quickly withdrew his support for Trey because he had been "lied to". He endorsed Rand upon withdrawing his support to Trey.

If James Dobson endorsed Rand, then I am distrustful of Rand. If James Dobson told me the sun was shining, I'd carry an umbrella.

William R
03-05-2012, 06:16 PM
bump

DerailingDaTrain
03-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Anyone who is supporting Santorum will stick their fingers in their ears and makes noises very loudly when presented with this info.

Aratus
03-05-2012, 06:39 PM

if trey steps into KY politics after senator mitch mcconnell steps down... he might end up in the u.s senate and sit in ole wily mitch's seat.

RSLudlum
03-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Endorsement as it appeared on the official Grayson campaign site courtesy of the Wayback Machine

http://web.archive.org/web/20100421013212/http://www.treygrayson.com/news/post/rick-santorum-endorses-grayson

Rick Santorum Endorses Grayson

Posted: Friday, April 16th Filed in: Endorsements, Press Releases

‘Trey Grayson is the only 100% pro-life candidate in this race’

Louisville, Kentucky – Former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum announced today that he is endorsing Kentucky Secretary of State Trey Grayson in the Republican primary for U.S. Senate. Santorum is in Kentucky to speak at the 40th anniversary dinner for Kentucky Right to Life.

"Trey Grayson is the only 100% pro-life candidate in this race. I’ve looked at the records and past statements of both candidates on the issue of protecting life, and I’m impressed with Grayson’s conviction and sincerity,” said Santorum.

He continued, “And on other issues, too, Trey Grayson has a solidly conservative record. As Secretary of State he has cut his budget by 15%. That’s the kind of fiscal conservatism we need in Washington. Trey has a record, not just rhetoric on fiscal responsibility.”

Grayson commented, “It means a lot to me that Senator Santorum would endorse my campaign. I’m thrilled to have his support. If I’m elected I will be a conservative voice for Kentucky whose views match our state and whose principles don’t change for the sake of political expediency.”

Santorum will appear on the Terry Meiners Show and The Pulse of Lexington with Leland Conway today to discuss Grayson’s candidacy and his endorsement.

Rand Paul has recently claimed to be pro-life, but in contrast to Trey Grayson, he has a long record of advocating pro-choice positions.

cindy25
03-05-2012, 09:08 PM
who did Mitt and Newt endorse?

J_White
03-05-2012, 09:55 PM
wow interesting.