PDA

View Full Version : "Cool" graphic design

craezie
11-13-2007, 03:07 PM
I have a request, don't know if anyone can/will do it.

Since we are a radically different campaign than anyone else -- why can't we have some radically different materials? At least in my neck of the woods (southern California) people don't want to wear/ see anything unless it looks good. the "official" items on RP's website look just like any other campaign materials. Red, white, blue in the typical stodgy fonts. I know that these are supposed to tap into that feeling of Patriotism, but I don't think that they work for everyone. People see this, think "politicial ad" and the name or slogan doesn't even register. I love the slogan hope for america, but I cannot abide by the way that the t-shirts and stickers look.

So far we have been wearing the revolution shirts just because its the only thing that appeals to us. But it has a little bit of the student protest look to it, and not really right for the young professional crowd.

I am a designer of a different type (design buildings) and I can attest to the Power of Design. Design sells, and we want to sell Ron Paul. Many of Ron Pauls supporters are fresh and new, can't we have some fresh and new graphic design? If a graphic designer would commit their time to creating something sophisticated, cool and fresh, I promise that people will buy. And it will get noticed, therefore Ron Paul will get noticed.

krott5333
11-13-2007, 03:08 PM
i agree

Lord Xar
11-13-2007, 03:33 PM
These people have VERY HIP COOL DESIGNS:

http://www.giftedtwisted.com/

craezie
11-13-2007, 03:43 PM
yeah, Ron Paul on a laundry detergent logo isn't quite what I had in mind :) Just kidding. I actually love one of the posters they have and am ordering it.

I was thinking something more sleek looking with a very simple message on it in great colors. Something that would look good on both a t-shirt and window clings.

Energy
11-13-2007, 04:01 PM
I like this. Have you seen any designs (political or not) that can give some ideas and inspirations?