PDA

View Full Version : Grace Period Registration

jclay2
03-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Hey Guys, so I am going to register to vote tomorrow through the grace period registration. According to the board of elections people, I have to place my vote as well when I register. Has anyone gone through this process before? What do I need to know? My dad mentioned something about there being two parts on the ballot (1 for the beauty contest and 1 for delegates). Any info is very appreciated, as I am doing this tomorrow.

tsai3904
03-05-2012, 10:19 AM
You will need two pieces of identification. Neither needs to be a photo ID, but one must include your current address. Acceptable forms of ID include:

Illinois driver's license
Illinois state ID
Employee or student ID
Credit card
Social security card
Birth certificate
Utility bill in applicant's name
Mail postmarked to the applicant
Valid U.S. passport
Lease or rental contract

Yes, there are two parts to the ballot: one for Presidential candidates and one for delegates pledged to Presidential candidates. You will get to vote for THREE delegates and THREE alternates and they will all say which candidate they are pledged to. It will be straightforward but remember to vote for all three Ron Paul delegates and three Ron Paul alternate delegates.

Here is a sample ballot:
http://www.countyoflee.org/county_clerk/Election/2012/REP%20Lee%20Publication_3_20_2012.pdf

jclay2
03-05-2012, 11:01 PM
You will need two pieces of identification. Neither needs to be a photo ID, but one must include your current address. Acceptable forms of ID include:

Yes, there are two parts to the ballot: one for Presidential candidates and one for delegates pledged to Presidential candidates. You will get to vote for THREE delegates and THREE alternates and they will all say which candidate they are pledged to. It will be straightforward but remember to vote for all three Ron Paul delegates and three Ron Paul alternate delegates.

Here is a sample ballot:
http://www.countyoflee.org/county_clerk/Election/2012/REP%20Lee%20Publication_3_20_2012.pdf

Thanks man Really appreciate it. Will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

jclay2
03-06-2012, 10:57 PM
I went and voted today. Tsai 3904 was right about the formatting of the vote. One thing that I was a little dissapointed about, was the lack of paper ballots. They said that they only do electronic voting and that paper ballots were not an option. Other than that, it went smoothly and I am happy to report that my very first vote in my life was for Ron Paul!

tsai3904
03-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Nice! Let others know that early voting has begun. If they are already registered to vote, they can go vote tomorrow. If they still need to register, they can do grace period registration until March 13.