PDA

View Full Version : California Matters!

craezie
11-13-2007, 02:38 PM
It is understandable that a lot of effort has been centered on New Hampshire and Iowa, as their votes are first. Of course, a good showing for Ron Paul is going to be important for press. But people need to think about WINNING. And we need lots of votes and delegates to win -- something that New Hampshire and Iowa and any other of those early states are not. Especially if the reps. penalized them.

Someone needs to pour some serious effort and cash into states like California. I think that this is a very winnable state, and their primary is on Feb. 5. While CA has the reputation of being home of the liberal kooks (and we have our fair share) it also has the most freethinking people in the nation. And it is the home to much of the MSM, thus a strong showing in California will shock them and get tons of coverage. Plus, THE issue in California is illegal immigration. Illegal immigrants are literally invading our state and bankrupting it. Californians are not satisfied with the pansy solutions that Washington politicians come up with -- and passing bills such as the border fence and then never funding it. We pay a huge percentage of the taxes to Washington and Washington never does anything for us.

I don't think that many Californians have heard of Ron Paul compared to a lot of places, because honestly there is a lot of apathy toward politics here. The only reason the kooks win is that they are the only people with enough heart and passion to get out and vote. If a concentrated education campaign for Ron Paul would go on here, he would win. Just as the Governator won, on some of the same platforms, yet he failed us too because he sold out. Ron Paul is not a sell out.

I have always said that if a truly consistent anti-illegal immigration candidate were to run and court California, he/she would win hands down. The liberals don't have much say in this election, because its a primary. Help RP win the RP!

Primbs
11-13-2007, 02:40 PM
California has winner take all by congressional district. Some districts are very winnable.

craezie
11-13-2007, 02:52 PM
They are not winnable unless people 1. know who Ron Paul is and what he stands for and 2. register Republican.

These are very simple goals, and I honestly think that this is all we have to do. We don't have to win people over to our way of thinking, because people already are very libertarian. He is so in line with California voter values as opposed to the values in some other geographic areas.

The question, is how to get him out there widely and loudly in a state with so many people?

Benaiah
11-13-2007, 03:04 PM
//

Primbs
11-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Have people contacted the CRA and NFRA?

Despite their endorsements many members will support Ron Paul.

http://www.californiarepublicanassembly.com/

http://www.gopwing.com/

hard@work
11-13-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm from San Diego. I agree with the OP. ALL the family I have called in San Diego has become hooked on Ron Paul. If they hear his message, they will love him.

San Diego has a huge meetup group and is a very Libertarian Republican city. I love it here.

:)

I think it would help if Ron Paul made some special trips out here along with an announcement to the offline media that we are planning on taking this state. 14% of the vote right here.

imo.

SeanEdwards
11-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Ron Paul must be the Republican front runner in the SF Bay Area right now. He pulled in close to 2k people at the rally in Mountain View. Does anyone honestly think that Rudy could draw a crowd like that?

Maybe 2k hecklers, but certainly not supporters.

Badger Paul
11-13-2007, 04:13 PM
If Ron Paul does well in NH and Iowa, believe me Californians will hear about him and make our chances of success there even greater. You've got to prioritize at this point.

American
11-13-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm doing my part in Northern California, I hope Sacramento is doing theres.

jpa
11-13-2007, 04:40 PM
I am going Joe Namath and declaring that Santa Clara county delegate will go to Ron Paul. We got a rocking meetup group here, and our only competition is Romney.

I also think SF county and a few other liberal districts are a lock for RP.

craezie
11-13-2007, 04:46 PM
If Ron Paul does well in NH and Iowa, believe me Californians will hear about him and make our chances of success there even greater. You've got to prioritize at this point.

This is hard for people to understand, but its important. Honestly (and its mostly ego) Californians don't care much about people in New Hampshire and Iowa. You might as well say 'the turnip truck is for Ron Paul'. You are dealing with a state that is very self-centered, and 2nd to Texas only in thinking that they are their own country.

Not campaigning here is a huge mistake. Not creating a message that is specifically tailored for California is also a huge mistake. These are the mistakes that most of the other candidates are making, and if RP supporters were to get in early and widely, the victory would be sewn up.

john_anderson_ii
11-13-2007, 04:49 PM
How much would a Nevada victory affect the CA vote? I think RP is in good shape here in Arizona, but our primaries are the same day as CA.

Goldwater Conservative
11-13-2007, 04:51 PM
Doing well in NH (or even Iowa) will give us more media coverage than we can handle, especially if the Tea Party is another big success. It's a wise investment, considering how small the state is and how receptive it is to his message. It'll pay off in spades if we can take it or even make it a close one (the Comeback Doctor?).

craezie
11-13-2007, 04:53 PM
At least we know where Nevada is :)

I bet you that over 95% of people on the street in California would not be able to point out Iowa or New Hampshire on the map. They would say "somewhere on this side" (as in anything that does not border California or the Pacific ocean. :D

Jordan
11-13-2007, 04:59 PM
I honestly think Ron Paul can beat any of the dems in Califonia. They'd love someone as antiwar anti gov as him.

Syren123
11-13-2007, 05:17 PM
We are doing a killer job canvassing Los Angeles county.

If you are interested in help from the campaign with your canvassing efforts, email ca@ronpaul2008.com. We have all the help you need with getting voter data, software program(s) to generate your walk lists, scripts, training...no need to reinvent the wheel.

It's nice to talk about it, but if you're serious about doing it, please send an email. It's boots on the ground time!

Steve4RP
11-13-2007, 05:19 PM
The housing/credit bubble, immigration, the war, are all major issues in CA. I think RP's message plays very well in this state.

Jojo
11-13-2007, 05:21 PM
I honestly think Ron Paul can beat any of the dems in Califonia. They'd love someone as antiwar anti gov as him.

I've heard a lot of Californians say that they agree with him on the war but that they would NEVER vote for him based on his abortion stand.

Jojo
11-13-2007, 05:22 PM
This is hard for people to understand, but its important. Honestly (and its mostly ego) Californians don't care much about people in New Hampshire and Iowa. You might as well say 'the turnip truck is for Ron Paul'. You are dealing with a state that is very self-centered, and 2nd to Texas only in thinking that they are their own country.

Not campaigning here is a huge mistake. Not creating a message that is specifically tailored for California is also a huge mistake. These are the mistakes that most of the other candidates are making, and if RP supporters were to get in early and widely, the victory would be sewn up.

Agreed.

Danny Molina
11-13-2007, 05:25 PM
I think paul has a great chance in the NorCal area especially SF. SoCal is gonna be tough but we'll try.

Badger Paul
11-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Oh come on, when was the last time California vote the opposite of who the winners were in Iowa or New Hampshire? RP would blow his whole wad trying to buy media in California. The meetup groups are doing great canvassing the districts RP has a chance to win and once RP gets off to a good start in January, everything will fall into place.

DealzOnWheelz
11-13-2007, 05:34 PM
Abortion is A great CHARACTER ISSUE FOR RON PAUL

ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY TO PEOPLE IS THIS....

RON PAUL IS PERSONALLY PRO-LIFE BUT WILL NOT VOTE ON FEDERAL LEGISLATION TO MAKE ABORTION ILLEGAL BECAUSE THE CONSTITUTION DOES NOT ALLOW IT.

and just tell them if they want abortion legal vote within your state to make it legal.

JMO
11-13-2007, 05:49 PM
I live in the Stockton Ca and i believe the potential for Ron Paul support is there, however you would be surprised how many people have never heard of Ron Paul. one other item that scares me is that the area is more Democratic than Republican, so if we wait too long it might be too late to have the locals vote for Ron Paul. I am doing my best by bring his name up to people with whom i work, but it's hard to convince people to change parties for the primary.

Syren123
11-13-2007, 05:53 PM
I live in the Stockton Ca and i believe the potential for Ron Paul support is there, however you would be surprised how many people have never heard of Ron Paul. one other item that scares me is that the area is more Democratic than Republican, so if we wait too long it might be too late to have the locals vote for Ron Paul. I am doing my best by bring his name up to people with whom i work, but it's hard to convince people to change parties for the primary.

Sounds like you guys need a precinct walking effort up there. It can make a HUGE difference: elections are won on the ground.

Do you belong to a meetup group? If not, that's okay. We can help you and some like minded individuals get started precinct walking - we'll even come up and help.
ca@ronpaul2008.com

Primbs
11-13-2007, 10:39 PM
Oh come on, when was the last time California vote the opposite of who the winners were in Iowa or New Hampshire? RP would blow his whole wad trying to buy media in California. The meetup groups are doing great canvassing the districts RP has a chance to win and once RP gets off to a good start in January, everything will fall into place.

It might have been Reagan in 1976 and Iowa in 1980.

We should do a special youtube for California voters and special youtube videos for southern, central, northern California.

Badger Paul
11-13-2007, 11:03 PM
You are right primbs.

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-14-2007, 01:52 AM
we got a looooooooong way to go here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

almost everyone I talk to on the streets has never heard of Ron Paul.

and when I do attend meetups which isnt too often they are no more then 20 people.

SAN FRANCISCO PEOPLE

we need help.
and that's why I started my website and do my thing.
passing out my cards
http://ronpaulstreetteam.com/images/freecards.jpg