PDA

View Full Version : Proud Sponsor of Alaskans for Ron Paul 2012 Website

sailingaway
03-05-2012, 01:07 AM
I thought this was kinda cool....

http://www.westcoastdigitalgurus.com/2012/03/04/proud-sponsor-of-alaskans-for-ron-paul-2012-website/

and here is the site they created: http://www.alaskans4ronpaul2012.org/

(I'm not entirely sure about the green ectoplasm looking stuff on the left hand images... but 24 hours!)

tsai3904
03-05-2012, 01:14 AM
I don't get why there's no mention at all of the Presidential Preference Poll on March 6. All they have is information on the District Conventions which is separate from the voting that will happen on March 6. It's the votes on March 6 that will bind the delegates.

Xenophage
03-05-2012, 01:25 AM
I thought this was kinda cool....

http://www.westcoastdigitalgurus.com/2012/03/04/proud-sponsor-of-alaskans-for-ron-paul-2012-website/

and here is the site they created: http://www.alaskans4ronpaul2012.org/

(I'm not entirely sure about the green ectoplasm looking stuff on the left hand images... but 24 hours!)

Ectoplasm? LOL! Spoken like a true lower 48'er :P That's the northern lights you fool! That image has been around for a while, too, shared by many of the Ron Paul Alaskans on Facebook.

sailingaway
03-05-2012, 01:28 AM
Ectoplasm? LOL! Spoken like a true lower 48'er :P That's the northern lights you fool! That image has been around for a while, too, shared by many of the Ron Paul Alaskans on Facebook.

I would love to see the northern lights!

I had no idea they looked like ectoplasm..... :p

Xenophage
03-05-2012, 01:28 AM
I don't get why there's no mention at all of the Presidential Preference Poll on March 6. All they have is information on the District Conventions which is separate from the voting that will happen on March 6. It's the votes on March 6 that will bind the delegates.

Wrong. Alaskan delegates are allocated at the convention. Just look at 2008. I was there. McCain came in last in the vote, but ended up with nearly all of the delegates to national.

Also, MANY conventions are happening ON MARCH 6th, running THROUGH the primary vote (convention attendees may not be able to do both). This website has been carefully thought out by Alaskan volunteers who know what's going on.

Xenophage
03-05-2012, 01:29 AM
I would love to see the northern lights!

I had no idea they looked like ectoplasm..... :p

Green is the most common color I ever saw, when you get color and not just milky white, but purple and red happen too!

sailingaway
03-05-2012, 01:30 AM
so Ron may not get the primary vote....

the delegates are more important, of course, but we could really use a win other people recognize as such....

Xenophage
03-05-2012, 01:31 AM
This page has great pictures: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora_(astronomy)

Xenophage
03-05-2012, 01:33 AM
so Ron may not get the primary vote....

the delegates are more important, of course, but we could really use a win other people recognize as such....

There is still a good chance he can get both. The majority of district conventions are not happening on March 6th, and there is currently an effort to get volunteers to stand outside voting locations, ask people if they voted for Ron Paul, and give them flyers about how to caucus.

The turnout today for Ron's speaking was incredible, especially when you consider that Alaska is the lowest population state in the union.

One of our takeaways from the Washington process was that we needed to have less bombardment of information for voters, and simpler instructions. HERE is your preecinct, THIS is where you go, at THIS time, STAY for delegate selection. Drill it into their heads over and over again. I advised Alaska to focus their message to improve turnout, seeing as how so many of our supposed supporters didn't show up (and a few that did left after the stupid meaningless straw poll).

sailingaway
03-05-2012, 01:34 AM
:D

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/4d/Aurora_Borealis_Poster.jpg/570px-Aurora_Borealis_Poster.jpg

Trigonx
03-05-2012, 01:39 AM
Look at all that ectoplasm :)

JJ2
03-05-2012, 01:40 AM

The blue thing behind him looked like a Sasquatch or something to me...lol

Xenophage
03-05-2012, 01:42 AM
The blue thing behind him looked like a Sasquatch or something to me...lol

Pfft, Sasquatch is a Washington thing! :D It's too cold in Alaska for a Sasquatch.

PolicyReader
03-05-2012, 03:27 AM
There is still a good chance he can get both. The majority of district conventions are not happening on March 6th, and there is currently an effort to get volunteers to stand outside voting locations, ask people if they voted for Ron Paul, and give them flyers about how to caucus.

The turnout today for Ron's speaking was incredible, especially when you consider that Alaska is the lowest population state in the union.

One of our takeaways from the Washington process was that we needed to have less bombardment of information for voters, and simpler instructions. HERE is your preecinct, THIS is where you go, at THIS time, STAY for delegate selection. Drill it into their heads over and over again. I advised Alaska to focus their message to improve turnout, seeing as how so many of our supposed supporters didn't show up (and a few that did left after the stupid meaningless straw poll).

Thanks for the insight into the process up there (and for a site link I can send my friends up north :D )

kathy88
03-05-2012, 04:53 AM
This web project was conceived and completed in record time, less than 48 hours from initial conception to completion, with 25 man hours put into it beginning Saturday, March 3rd, being completed on Sunday, March 4th.

Grassroots gone wild. Nice job!

tsai3904
03-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Wrong. Alaskan delegates are allocated at the convention. Just look at 2008. I was there. McCain came in last in the vote, but ended up with nearly all of the delegates to national.

Also, MANY conventions are happening ON MARCH 6th, running THROUGH the primary vote (convention attendees may not be able to do both). This website has been carefully thought out by Alaskan volunteers who know what's going on.

I didn't say the delegates will be awarded on March 6. I said the PPP will BIND the delegates.

http://alaskarepublicans.com/convention-process/

The Presidential Preference Poll vote binds the 24 Alaskan National Convention Delegates to the Republican National Convention in Tampa, FL from August 27-30.

Are you saying the PPP tomorrow is just a straw poll and has zero effect on how delegates will be bound or allocated?

tsai3904
03-05-2012, 04:52 PM

McCain won nearly all the delegates because by the time of Alaska's State Convention, all other candidates had dropped out and those delegates who would have been bound to the other candidates were free to vote for whoever they want. If Romney or Hucakbee were still in the race during Alaska's State Convention, delegates chosen at the State Convention would have been bound to those candidates based on the voting from the PPP.

Look at the Hard Totals and Floor Vote here:
http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P08/AK-R.phtml

Ron Paul kept the 5 delegates he was awarded based on the votes from the PPP.

sailingaway
03-05-2012, 05:06 PM
bump

tsai3904
03-05-2012, 05:39 PM

Even the Fairbanks, Alaska Ron Paul Meetup says the results of the PPP binds the delegates:

http://www.meetup.com/RonPaulfairbanks/pages/VERY_IMPORTANT_!!_-_Alaska_GOP_Primary_Process

Results of the Poll: Presidential Preference Poll (PPP) votes will be counted on a State-wide basis. The percentage result for each candidate will determine how many of Alaska’s delegates to the National GOP Convention are required to vote for that candidate during the initial two rounds of delegate voting. For example, Alaska has 24 National Convention delegates. So, if the PPP results are as follows:
Ron Paul 50%
Romney 25%
Gingrich 25%,
it follows that 12 of the 24 delegates will be required to vote for Paul, 6 for Romney, and 6 for Gingrich. The eventual GOP Presidential nominee is elected by National Delegates, not by popular primary votes. The PPP is CRUCIAL. Vote and get your friends/family to vote Ron Paul!

The PPP on March 6 is VERY IMPORTANT, which is why I don't understand it's not mentioned at all on the website.

sailingaway
03-05-2012, 11:12 PM
bump

parocks
03-06-2012, 12:19 AM

Agree 100%, and this is true everywhere. GOTV. How to vote. As much talk about how to vote as possible - spoon feed it. Less talk about Liberty, blah blah etc etc.

So, there is "Same Day Registration" in Alaska? Or no?

How about Idaho?

tsai3904
03-06-2012, 12:29 AM
So, there is "Same Day Registration" in Alaska? Or no?

How about Idaho?

Yes to both.