PDA

View Full Version : "Robocalls Telling Voters WA's Caucus Had Been Postponed Caller IDed To Republican HQ"

Salvial
03-04-2012, 08:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTr9kVpKjtc

Did a brief search, couldn't find this!

sailingaway
03-04-2012, 08:59 PM
And that was King county where Romney won bigger than any other county.

I think it is also the county where Ron's campaign is fighting dirty tricks by the party unilaterally appointing PCOs who are automatic delegates after the time they could.

The Northbreather
03-04-2012, 08:59 PM
dirty dirty

Salvial
03-04-2012, 09:01 PM
They are trying sooo goddamn hard, we must really be kicking Romney's ass in reality.

Philosophy_of_Politics
03-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Hahahaha. Pathetic.

unknown
03-04-2012, 09:10 PM
"A full investigation".

F*ck you.

coolguy67
03-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Is anyone shocked? We should all know going in we're running uphill and not going to get a fair shake in this thing.

TheGrinch
03-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Is anyone compiling a list or footage of all the circumstantial evidence and even outright delegate disenfranchisement in all these states? It may not be good enough for legal action, but in the court of public opinion, this amount of circumstantial evidence becomes far more than just circumstantial.

Just between what Ben Swann and Rachel Maddow have reported, you have a laundry list pages long already...

cornell
03-04-2012, 09:17 PM
For what it's worth, caller ID spoofing is apparently quite easy to do. I don't think the party would be stupid enough to actually pull something like this. By bet would be on Santorum or Gingrich supporters.

TheGrinch
03-04-2012, 09:19 PM
For what it's worth, caller ID spoofing is apparently quite easy to do. I don't think the party would be stupid enough to actually pull something like this. By bet would be on Santorum or Gingrich supporters.
In an area Romney won? Before I knew that I would have guessed Romney supporters within the GOP, but yeah, more than likely Romney camp posing as official. Still freaking dirty, but gonna be a hard one to nail them with.

Salvial
03-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Is there a way to reach out to people who were mislead?

pauliticalfan
03-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Dirty as fuck. You all know they did this to stop us, right? They're scared shitless, and desperate to give Romney the win anywhere they can.

Carson
03-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Spoofing a phone number (https://www.google.com/search?q=Spoofing+a+phone+number&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a) isn't uncommon.

rp08orbust
03-04-2012, 10:09 PM

The voice broadcasting company I use for robocalls lets me specify any non-toll-free US phone number whatsoever as my caller ID.

PolicyReader
03-04-2012, 11:15 PM
And that was King county where Romney won bigger than any other county.

I think it is also the county where Ron's campaign is fighting dirty tricks by the party unilaterally appointing PCOs who are automatic delegates after the time they could.
That's my understanding of it too

tbone717
03-04-2012, 11:25 PM
Spoofing a phone number (https://www.google.com/search?q=Spoofing+a+phone+number&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a) isn't uncommon.

Right. This could have been anyone really from an organized group, to some kids wanting to cause enough commotion to get themselves on the news. The report is short and doesn't have much info. Does any report specify that specific supporters were called (as if they had a list) or was it just random people getting these calls. Also is there any information on how many people reported getting these calls? Was it 10 or 10,000?

Aratus
03-05-2012, 07:30 AM
they surfaced the way they did in iowa most likely

Lishy
03-05-2012, 07:34 AM
The same crap happened in the federal election of Canada.

Esoteric
03-05-2012, 08:31 AM
The voice broadcasting company I use for robocalls lets me specify any non-toll-free US phone number whatsoever as my caller ID.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/085/283/philosoraptor.jpg?1291090164

roho76
03-05-2012, 09:01 AM

You should probably rethink this.

tbone717
03-05-2012, 09:06 AM
You should probably rethink this.

Is there new evidence that has not been posted in here yet?

kathy88
03-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Can private citizens request an FBI investigation into this?

Esoteric
03-05-2012, 09:11 AM

I wouldn't be so quick to do this.

tbone717
03-05-2012, 09:18 AM
I just did a search, and there is nothing new on this. None of the reports specify how many calls were received. It could have been a dozen or so for all we know. I looked up robocalling on Google, and it seems that someone with a little bit of knowledge could find a program and do it from their computer. This could be anything from a mass effort by a saboteur to a handful of kids screwing around trying to make the news. Given that there hasn't been any news on this in the last day or two, I am guessing that it was a relatively small incident.

ctiger2
03-05-2012, 10:18 AM
I don't think the party would be stupid enough to actually pull something like this.

Nah, they ARE definitely dumb enough.

roho76
03-09-2012, 10:03 AM
Is there new evidence that has not been posted in here yet?

I need evidence that the GOP is dumb enough to do this? Your obviously not paying attention. I'm not saying they did or didn't. I'm just saying they're dumb and that you should never put anything past them. That's just naive.

Voluntary Man
03-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Lee Atwater is alive and well.

Captain Shays
03-09-2012, 11:36 AM
I can't see how anyone could still believe that we're not being ripped off in every state. I am now convinced that we won Iowa, Nevada, Maine, Alaska, and Idaho.

This is a fight for our Republic and it's not only against Obama and his camp because his camp is the same camp as Romney's and Santorum's and Gingrich's.

Yeah yeah yeah I sound like a "conspiracy nut" and I don't care one bit what anyone thinks. I have lost all faith in the integrity of the system and don't have one bit of trust in them.

For them to admit that Ron Paul is right would like the vampires thrashing about when the sunlight hits them.

tbone717
03-09-2012, 11:40 AM
I can't see how anyone could still believe that we're being ripped off in every state. I am now convinced that we won Iowa, Nevada, Maine, Alaska, and Idaho.

The thing is all we have is opinions and speculation. If someone has real evidence of voter fraud then they should gather that evidence, get an attorney and contact the State Attorney General's office. Voter fraud is a crime and if there is real evidence of the crime then it needs to be reported in the proper manner, and the people responsible should be punished if found guilty. Posting about it on a message board gets us nowhere.

Captain Shays
03-09-2012, 11:57 AM
The thing is all we have is opinions and speculation. If someone has real evidence of voter fraud then they should gather that evidence, get an attorney and contact the State Attorney General's office. Voter fraud is a crime and if there is real evidence of the crime then it needs to be reported in the proper manner, and the people responsible should be punished if found guilty. Posting about it on a message board gets us nowhere.

I can't do anything about it except express my opinion. I don't have proof---granted. Yes, it's just a gut feeling but I live in New Jersey a state that is as corrupt as the day is long. Oftentimes I may not know what the truth is, I just usually know that what I see or hear isn't it. Later I find out the truth and I was right most of the time. My bullshit detectors are working just fine. I have seen stuff coming for YEARS in advance and I'm not the only one. Others have well proven that there is voter fraud and thats why Pennsylvania just passed a voter ID Bill.
My hope is that somewhere along the line we will find the truth of voter fraud and we take them to the woodshed for it but by then either Romney or Obama will be our president and all we'll have is the ability to shout from the basement "told ya so"

RabbitMan
03-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Guys. Who do you think this robocall hurt? It would hurt Romney supporters, Santorum supporters, Newt supporters....people identified with the State/County's republican party. I voted for Republican candidates in 2010, and did not receive one of these calls. Since we don't have party-affiliations in WA that means the only way to get information is through hard-data and straight-up asking. The majority of Ron Paul supporters here might not have voted for a GOP nominee in their life. If it was to hurt anyone, it would not have been us. This was not something targeted at us. Stop.

LisaNY
03-09-2012, 12:21 PM
I haven't really been following this, but who got the call? Was it all Republican voters or just Paul supporters? If you really wanted to be evil you could easily single out a candidate's supporters by going to their donor list. Is anybody still keeping an eye on that 'Stop Ron Paul' Jere Brower Facebook group?

Barrex
03-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Why wouldnt they do it? Who is going to stop them? There was some talk about it. People here rage about it but it will be forgotten when they pull something like this again.
Iowa 9 trucks with votes went in 6th dimension. Nothing is done. (1 guy quit his job to get better one is nothing).
Maine fraud=Nothing happens.
People under 30 turned away from voting=Nothing happens.
Delegates story in Portland= Nothing happens.
1000(where is sign for infinity on my keyboard?) other examples= Nothing happens.

They will keep doing it because they can.

This came to my mind when i read what happened and what people wrote about it (thanks for reminder I didnt think about it for 6-7 years):

...since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Thucydides

..they will continue to do it until someone does something. (dont get me wrong I am not going to be that "someone").

tbone717
03-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Why wouldnt they do it? Who is going to stop them? There was some talk about it. People here rage about it but it will be forgotten when they pull something like this again.
Iowa 9 trucks with votes went in 6th dimension. Nothing is done. (1 guy quit his job to get better one is nothing).
People under 30 turned away from voting=Nothing happens.
Delegates story in Portland= Nothing happens.
1000(where is sign for infinity on my keyboard?) other examples= Nothing happens.

They will keep doing it because they can.

This came to my mind when i read what happened and what people wrote about it (thanks for reminder I didnt think about it for 6-7 years):

..they will continue to do it until someone does something. (dont get me wrong I am not going to be that "someone").

That's why I keep saying that if people have real evidence (as some on here claim they do) then why are they sitting on it and not doing something about it.

Barrex
03-09-2012, 01:48 PM
That's why I keep saying that if people have real evidence (as some on here claim they do) then why are they sitting on it and not doing something about it.

Evidence. They admitted it. What more evidence is needed for someone to take action?

Everyone knows that precincts that Ron Paul won were reported as 0. What more evidence is needed?

1000(where is sign for infinity on my keyboard?) other examples= Nothing happens....

tbone717
03-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Evidence. They admitted it. What more evidence is needed for someone to take action?

Then someone in Iowa needs to take the lead. Get an attorney and follow through with it. If a crime has been committed then it needs to be addressed. Talking about this shit on a forum solves nothing. There is a lot of speculation, accusations, etc that we hear all the time on here. So my point is that it is pointless to talk about it if you aren't going to do something about it (not you personally of course, you are in Croatia).

Warrior_of_Freedom
03-09-2012, 02:27 PM
The first person they'd investigate would be you.

Philman
03-09-2012, 04:28 PM
It is very easy to spoof Caller ID these days.

And sorry, but it is MUCH more believalbe that someone spoofed the caller ID than that headquarters tried this and didn't think to *67 first.

parocks
03-09-2012, 04:54 PM

Everyone knows that precincts that Ron Paul won were reported as 0. What more evidence is needed?

1000(where is sign for infinity on my keyboard?) other examples= Nothing happens....

I'm not saying there wasn't fraud. But, in the case of Maine, there were clearly major errors. Big time screw ups. Lose your job type screw ups. But forgetting to include Waterville on the results wasn't fraud.