PDA

View Full Version : What can we do in MA to make sure Ron Paul gets as many delegates as possible Tuesday?

Massachusetts
03-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Massachusetts award delegates proportionally, so RP could certainly rack up some of the 41 delegates in MA.

I understand that this is Mitt Romney territory and that a lot of people assume he is just going to run away with this primary, but I tend to disagree. I think it is going to be a lot closer than people realize. Ron Paul won the GOP straw poll a couple of days ago with 51% of the vote, and while that is not necessarily an indicator of how the results of the primary will go, it shows that support for Ron Paul is strong in this state. The problem is that support is strong for Santorum as well because of the large catholic population. I'm not sure about Newt Gingrich.

This poll (http://www.suffolk.edu/images/content/FRIDAY_FINAL_MA_Statewide_Marginals_Feb_17_2012%28 1%29.pdf) has support for Paul at 7% in Massachusetts..but there is no way this is a true portrayal of likely voters in the GOP primary. 36% of those surveyed were registered Democrats, 52% were unenrolled or independents and just 12% were registered Republicans.

Now, let's just assume that Romney is probably going to win the state, what are some strategies we can use to get Paul into second place?

Some quick ideas off the top of my head: Word of mouth, Social Networking, Phone from Home

Aratus
03-04-2012, 06:27 PM
one or two tv ads might have done it after new hampshire voted in the primary.
usually we are an afterthought after N.H even though quite often ads are taken
out on our boston area airwaves for the lower half of the live free or die state.