PDA

View Full Version : GOP/Dem lawmakers aim to assert greater control over Federal Reserve

PatriotOne
03-04-2012, 03:07 PM
GOP and Dem lawmakers aim to assert greater control over the Federal Reserve

By Peter Schroeder - 03/04/12 07:10 AM ET

http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/801-economy/213977-lawmakers-aim-to-assert-more-control-over-the-federal-reserve

The Federal Reserve’s relationship with Congress is growing more complicated as lawmakers second-guess its decisions and look to impose reforms.

On Monday, the Fed will again face congressional scrutiny, as Rep. Kevin Brady (R-Texas) unveils a sweeping bill aimed at limiting what actions the Fed can take. The legislation from Brady, the vice chairman of the Joint Economic Committee who also holds a top spot on the Ways and Means Committee, is the latest in a series of bills in the 112th Congress aimed at reworking the central bank.

While libertarian firebrand Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) is most associated with Fed scrutiny, members of both parties have begun to second-guess how the Fed conducts its business. On the left, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) has emerged as a vociferous critic.

rest at link

azxd
03-04-2012, 03:10 PM
LOL
Yea, right ... I'll believe it, when I see it.
Until then, it's a diversion, yet does show that this supposed 2 party system is capable of coming together, when deception is required.

They all basically vote against Paul for a reason ;)