PDA

View Full Version : My first time being published!

XTreat
03-04-2012, 08:46 AM
My first time being published! I was contacted by the editor to write the editorial for Ron Paul, Gov. Deal wrote the one for Gingrich haha!

http://chronicle.augusta.com/opinion/opinion-columns/2012-03-03/pauls-plan-will-balance-federal-budget-and-restore-america

In a Capitol known for corruption and backroom deals, U.S. Rep. Ron Paul has earned the nickname “Dr. No” for his unwavering adherence to the Constitution and fiscal conservatism.
Paul is unwilling to vote for any bill or law that is not authorized under Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution, and has the record to prove it. He has never voted to raise taxes; never voted for an unbalanced budget; never voted for a restriction on gun ownership; never voted to raise congressional pay; and has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch. He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program, and he returns a portion of his office budget to the U.S. Treasury every year.
Ron Paul is the only politician who has not lied his way into office, his reputation of integrity second to none. In the times ahead, there is no better man to lead this country than Ron Paul.
In the past century, our country has not seen a truer statesman or defender of our liberty. Because of his integrity, courage and incorruptible dedication to the people and our Constitution, there is no man to whom I would sooner trust my life, liberty and sacred honor.
DR. PAUL’S PLAN to Restore America is the centerpiece to his campaign to become the Republican nominee for president. Departing from the status quo of trillion-dollar budget deficits, the plan cuts $1 trillion in government spending in the first year and balances the budget in three years. He does this without cutting one cent from Social Security, Medicare, or veterans’ benefits.
In a recent nonpartisan study, the National Taxpayer’s Union stated: “Ron Paul’s plan is the only one that reduces the debt. The plans of Republicans Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum and Mitt Romney would add trillions of dollars to the debt over the next decade.”
He plans to eliminate five federal departments, including the Department of Education, Department of Energy and the Department of Housing and Urban Development. This plan also includes a 10 percent reduction in the federal workforce; slashing congressional pay and perks; and curbing excessive federal travel. To stand with the American people, Paul will take a presidential salary of $39,336, the median personal income of a. U.S. worker.
His plan repeals Obamacare, the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and will cancel onerous regulations issued by executive order.
AS AN AIR FORCE veteran, Ron Paul believes national defense is the single most important responsibility the Constitution entrusts to the federal government. President Ronald Reagan said of Paul: “Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first. We need to keep him fighting for our country.”
Paul believes acting as the world’s policeman and nation-building weakens our country, and puts our troops in harm’s way, sending precious resources to other nations in the midst of a historic economic crisis. Hundreds of thousands of our fighting men and women have been stretched thin all across the globe in more than 135 countries, without a clear mission, any sense of what defines victory or the knowledge of when they will be reunited with their families.
Paul also is the clear first choice of military service members; he has received more campaign contributions from active-duty military than the other candidates combined, and far exceeds donations received by President Obama as well. On Feb. 20, more than 500 veterans and active-duty military with thousands of their friends and family marched on the White House to show solidarity for their support of Rep. Paul.
Learn more about Paul by visiting www.ronpaul2012.com.
(The writer, a Grovetown resident, is a two-tour U.S. Army veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom.)

Carson
03-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Good job XTreat.

It came out in paper so you can buy a bunch of copies?

Carole
03-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Well done! :)

Revolution9
03-04-2012, 09:51 AM
I'll bet your mom is proud of that. I remember what she wrote to the facebook wall about RP and your sticking to your guns about him.

Rev9

Cleaner44
03-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Tweeted

Nice job brother!

XTreat
03-04-2012, 12:17 PM
I'll bet your mom is proud of that. I remember what she wrote to the facebook wall about RP and your sticking to your guns about him.

Rev9

Funny mom and I got into a big debate last night about youth vs. senior vote in this election and she got pissed cause I told her the baby boomer generation dropped the ball and younger generations are gonna pay for it.

Warmon
03-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Nice! I really like how you put this: Hundreds of thousands of our fighting men and women have been stretched thin all across the globe in more than 135 countries, without a clear mission, any sense of what defines victory or the knowledge of when they will be reunited with their families.

Aratus
03-04-2012, 03:30 PM
rep!

ronpaulhawaii
03-04-2012, 03:31 PM
rep!

x2

ItsTime
03-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Awesome! +rep

Working Poor
03-04-2012, 05:14 PM
You have some nice comments posted under your article too. Great going.

sailingaway
03-04-2012, 05:18 PM
+rep!!

PolicyReader
03-04-2012, 05:45 PM
x2
x3