PDA

View Full Version : 6 out of the 12 states that have voted could likely be ours... ???

RileyE104
03-04-2012, 12:07 AM
Considering delegates and the whole process that goes on to get them, is it likely we have the most delegates out of:

- Iowa
- Maine
- Minnesota
- Colorado
- Wyoming
- Washington

:confused:

Also, if we did, wouldn't that put us in second place for the nomination?

tsai3904
03-04-2012, 12:11 AM
Nevada's delegates are bound proportionally based on the caucus results.

RileyE104
03-04-2012, 12:18 AM

OK, thanks!

How about Washington?? I just read that the delegates there are also bound, is that true?

tsai3904
03-04-2012, 12:20 AM
All the other states you listed will elect National delegates at later dates, which means, all delegates are still up for grabs.

kah13176
03-04-2012, 12:23 AM
All the other states you listed will elect National delegates at later dates, which means, all delegates are still up for grabs.

And many are bound by law to support non-Paul candidates.

tsai3904
03-04-2012, 12:28 AM

What do you mean? For the states listed above, only Nevada's delegates are bound.

RileyE104
03-04-2012, 12:29 AM
What do you mean? For the states listed above, only Nevada's delegates are bound.

How about Wyoming, should I add it to the list?

parocks
03-04-2012, 12:30 AM

But only on the 1st ballot (in some if not all instances).

Having our people in place does not mean that if a candidate clinches the nomination, we can do anything about that. But when none of the candidates gets the nomination on the first ballot, those delgates become unbound.

opinionatedfool
03-04-2012, 12:30 AM

Unless they vote to unbind them at the state convention, which, I think is possible under NV rules.

tsai3904
03-04-2012, 12:31 AM
Unless they vote to unbind them at the state convention, which, I think is possible under NV rules.

This has been stated too many times without any sources.

opinionatedfool
03-04-2012, 12:31 AM
Considering delegates and the whole process that goes on to get them, is it likely we have the most delegates out of:

- Iowa
- Nevada
- Maine
- Minnesota
- Colorado
- Washington

:confused:

Also, if we did, wouldn't that put us in second place for the nomination?

You can probably add WY... The campaign is saying we won "At least 6". It may be quite a few more, but I haven't heard to much from grassroots to know how many more.

opinionatedfool
03-04-2012, 12:34 AM
This has been stated too many times without any sources.

That's why I said "I think". There must be a reason there was so much focus on getting as many delegates as possible there. It seemed to be really important to the campaign.

Heman5up
03-04-2012, 12:35 AM
Does it make sense for newt to have more delegates that Ron Paul in Nevada? Wikipedia table show 5 for Ron Paul and 6 for Newt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_2012

tsai3904
03-04-2012, 12:38 AM
You can probably add WY... The campaign is saying we won "At least 6". It may be quite a few more, but I haven't heard to much from grassroots to know how many more.

I'm not bashing the campaign but they're in for a big letdown in WY unless they offer some type of help. WY's caucus process leans in favor of the establishment. There's a good chance we may get up to 6 delegates and there's a good chance we may completely strike out.

opinionatedfool
03-04-2012, 12:38 AM
Does it make sense for newt to have more delegates that Ron Paul in Nevada? Wikipedia table show 5 for Ron Paul and 6 for Newt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_2012

Yes, Ron Paul was cheated out of a second place finish when they threw out votes from a 100 precincts Ron Paul was doing well in.

Icymudpuppy
03-04-2012, 12:40 AM
In WA, we don't vote for candidates. We vote for delegates to move up to the next level. Those delegates may list a preference but don't have to. 3 Romney supporters voted for me to be their delegate to the county convention, even though they knew I am a Paul supporter. I, an unbound delegate, will go to the county convention where I will participate in selecting unbound delegates to the state convention.

Keith and stuff
03-04-2012, 12:51 AM
How about Wyoming, should I add it to the list?

Nope. 6 or more may be a majority out of 28 but likely isn't. We are likely 2nd or 3rd in WY.