PDA

View Full Version : Texas Primary Set For May 29 -

ProBlue33
03-03-2012, 11:20 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/02/us/texas-primary-election-set-for-may-29.html

It is universally accepted in politics that you MUST carry your home state to have any chance to win.
This will be the real acid test, by then I am hoping both Newt and Rick will be gone, and it will be a showdown between Mitt and Ron.

cindy25
03-04-2012, 06:34 AM
Texas will be hard; in the 1984 senate primary Phil Graham won by a landslide. Ron winning Texas can't be compared to Newt in Georgia, or even Rand in Kentucky.

and Rick and Newt and hopefully Jeb are all in it. one on one Romney wins

Bruno
03-04-2012, 07:25 AM
This is Paul's fifth Must-win, if I am counting correctly.

Crotale
03-04-2012, 07:28 AM
We don't have to win any state. It would be a major boost and would raise funds and build momentum if we do finish first, but what we do need to do is win the most delegates.

jbauer
03-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Delegates schmeligates. He MUST win his home state. If you think we're walking into the convention and stealing it while not "winning" a state you're only deciving yourself.

We don't have to win any state. It would be a major boost and would raise funds and build momentum if we do finish first, but what we do need to do is win the most delegates.

Gage
03-04-2012, 07:44 AM
Latest poll conducted in Texas:

University of Texas/Texas Tribune
Margin of error: ±5.68%
Sample size: 298
Feb. 8–15, 2012

Rick Santorum 48%
Newt Gingrich 17%
Mitt Romney 16%
Ron Paul 14%
Another Republican candidate 6%

tsetsefly
03-04-2012, 07:52 AM

Feb. 8–15, 2012

Rick Santorum 48%
Newt Gingrich 17%
Mitt Romney 16%
Ron Paul 14%
Texas will be tough, but that poll isnt too bad, it was at the height of Santorums popularity and for RP to be in double digits this early is ok...

03-04-2012, 07:57 AM
Texas will be tough, but that poll isnt too bad, it was at the height of Santorums popularity and for RP to be in double digits this early is ok...

The one before the Santorum surge had Romney with a large lead and Ron in last. I'd assume it will go back to that now with Santorum's popularity falling.

Tyler_Durden
03-04-2012, 09:29 AM
The TX Primary occurs the day after Memorial Day. We really need to take advantage of the marketing opportunity.

anewvoice
03-04-2012, 09:31 AM

Feb. 8–15, 2012

Rick Santorum 48%
Newt Gingrich 17%
Mitt Romney 16%
Ron Paul 14%

And so people still wondering why Ron Paul is attacking Santorum?

CaseyJones
03-04-2012, 09:32 AM
we will not win the primary... but the delegate selection is during the month of april beginning at the county/state senate district level, we can dominate that and we must

sailingaway
03-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Even way back when Bachmann was running it looked like Ron might win MN and she might win TX. Ron does better in less war hungry areas. He doesn't have to carry any particular state over another because unlike any other candidate, Ron Paul is running on his strength with the people, not on his political connections.

Having said that, my personal feeling is he has to win SOMEWHERE, and even if he doesn't, I really, really, want us to give him a win. He deserves it. And once he has one, I think the next wins will be easier. I think that is why they are pulling the stops out so much not to give him any, to the point of discrediting themselves.

kathy88
03-04-2012, 10:28 AM
This is Paul's fifth Must-win, if I am counting correctly.

Right? Those words "must win" make me physically react.

rideurlightning
03-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Is Texas expensive to campaign in?

rideurlightning
03-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Even way back when Bachmann was running it looked like Ron might win MN and she might win TX. Ron does better in less war hungry areas. He doesn't have to carry any particular state over another because unlike any other candidate, Ron Paul is running on his strength with the people, not on his political connections.

Having said that, my personal feeling is he has to win SOMEWHERE, and even if he doesn't, I really, really, want us to give him a win. He deserves it. And once he has one, I think the next wins will be easier. I think that is why they are pulling the stops out so much not to give him any, to the point of discrediting themselves.

I just want a win so Stossel can win that bet with O'Reilly. I still haven't forgotten.

seeker4sho
03-04-2012, 12:07 PM

Things are so fluid at this stage of the game anything could happen between now and the Texas primary. It appears that Israel will attack Iran within the next month which will draw the US into a new hot war. I have no doubt that if attacked Iran will close off the Strait of Hormuz which in turn will send gas prices into the stratisphere -- that alone will change the whole dynamics of the race. Ron's message of peace and non-intervention will have more meaning to the average citizen.