PDA

View Full Version : Infiltrate the local Republican party and concentrate at the local and state level.

Ignatious Donnely
03-03-2012, 09:07 PM
The best idea for actually changing anything and solving our nations problems is to work at the local level. Infiltrate the main political parties at the grass roots level and work on getting decent people elected at the state and local levels.

The Republican party at the top level is way to unresponsive to the "common people" and controlled by the Big money people. You won't really make any difference dealing with them. But if the people start reconstructing the Republican party at the grass roots level and working to change it to a more pro-American, pro-freedom model we can actually make a difference.

sailingaway
03-03-2012, 09:08 PM
This doesn't seem to be about Ron's campaign, so I will move it to General Politics.

Ignatious Donnely
03-03-2012, 09:09 PM
That's fine, wasn't sure where exactly to post it. But it is about Ron Paul's followers and their general philosophy, what they stand for and those ideas in elections in general.

KingNothing
03-03-2012, 09:10 PM
I agree with the OP, except I would use the word "join" and not "infiltrate"

:)

All of us here are small-government conservatives. We ARE Republicans! The OP is right - we can take our party back, and all it takes is showing up.

Ignatious Donnely
03-03-2012, 09:20 PM
I just wished there was more effort underway to change things and bring more accountiblity to the people going on a the local and state levels.

We know they will try to shut Ron Paul out of winning the Republican nomination if they can. But we mustn't give up and quit just because of that, as one person said in another thread the basic ideas are more than just Ron Paul, they are about justice and freedom and Liberty and the direction this country is going to take.

mikeforliberty
03-03-2012, 09:21 PM
The best idea for actually changing anything and solving our nations problems is to work at the local level. Infiltrate the main political parties at the grass roots level and work on getting decent people elected at the state and local levels.

The Republican party at the top level is way to unresponsive to the "common people" and controlled by the Big money people. You won't really make any difference dealing with them. But if the people start reconstructing the Republican party at the grass roots level and working to change it to a more pro-American, pro-freedom model we can actually make a difference.

I agree completely. But remember this is a republic. We have the right to push our agenda through the democratic process. Its not infiltration its merely a part of the process. We don't have to disguise our intentions or lie, we have the right of it and so we should educate and strive for victory through principle. I am a delegate here in Hawaii and I'll be a part voting process for party leaders and building the platform. I'll be volunteering for any positions I can. We can make the Republican Party a good party, it just takes a little time.

Ignatious Donnely
03-03-2012, 09:35 PM
I agree completely. But remember this is a republic. We have the right to push our agenda through the democratic process. Its not infiltration its merely a part of the process. We don't have to disguise our intentions or lie, we have the right of it and so we should educate and strive for victory through principle. I am a delegate here in Hawaii and I'll be a part voting process for party leaders and building the platform. I'll be volunteering for any positions I can. We can make the Republican Party a good party, it just takes a little time.

That's great Mike, what you are doing is a big part of what I am talking about. But I also think we should try to get decent pro-freedom pro-American people elected at the basic levels too, even starting with city councilman , alderman, sheriff and mayors and State Representatives.

Nathan Hale
03-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Infiltration is an arbitrary term. Every trend infiltrates the establishment when it gains prominence. The GOP isn't popular because it desrves it, it is popular because it is a legacy institution. Its helm needs to be taken by those of us who seek a freer America.