PDA

View Full Version : Lew Rockwell needs our help

LibertyEagle
11-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Next David Horowitz decries the “strain of isolationism and anarchism” in America, especially as represented by “libertarian websites like LewRockwell.com,” which are “totally in bed with the Islamofascists and have turned against this country.” By country, of course, he means the imperial presidency’s war-spying-torturing-taxing-planning apparatus.

from Lew:
IMPORTANT

If you want to respond to Mr. Horowitz, a donation to LRC would be much appreciated!
http://www.lewrockwell.com/donate-t.html

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/016852.html

Lew has stood by Ron Paul. Even to the extent of giving up their tax exempt status, so that he could continue to use his blog to support Ron Paul's candidacy.

It is now OUR TURN to stand up for Lew and Ron Paul!

Please join me in contributing to Lew Rockwell.com, so that he can respond to Mr. Beck.

LibertyEagle
11-13-2007, 01:24 PM
$50 donated.

crhoades
11-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Donated $25 to him earlier.

LEW ROCKWELL MONEY BOMB!!!!!!!!!!

llepard
11-13-2007, 01:30 PM
Lew has stood by Ron Paul. Even to the extent of giving up their tax exempt status, so that he could continue to use his blog to support Ron Paul's candidacy.

Please join me in contributing to Lew Rockwell.com, so that he can respond to Mr. Beck.

Who is David Horowitz? What a moron.

I am a little thin right now but when I get some more Lew gets first crack.

LibertyEagle
11-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Who is David Horowitz? What a moron.

I am a little thin right now but when I get some more Lew gets first crack.

A supposed ex-Marxist. Neo-conservatism is a perfect fit for him, as its founders were themselves, ex-Trotskyites. I myself, somewhat question the "ex" aspect. ;)

constituent
11-13-2007, 01:35 PM
lol @ david horowitz, give me a break.

and what's wrong w/ anarchy?

lew, if i had money i would donate it to you. keep up the excellent work!

American
11-13-2007, 01:36 PM
David Horrorwitz is a Communist and he even says so in the interview with GB. Its GB that tries to spin it the other way.

The typical American wont catch it though, give them 800 channels on TV and a Cheeseburger and these sheep will be happy

Furis
11-13-2007, 01:36 PM
A supposed ex-Marxist.

Bolded and underlined for emphasis.

LibertyEagle
11-13-2007, 01:42 PM
C'mon folks, we've just got to help Lew respond to this jackass!!! (I know, I broke my own rule).

Please donate. $5, $10, $50 or more. Every little bit helps. C'mon, every single one of us can afford SOMETHING, can't we? (Except llepard of course) :)

MS0453
11-13-2007, 01:44 PM

What he did was really amazing.

DjLoTi
11-13-2007, 01:46 PM
Are they about to be shut down or something?

LibertyEagle
11-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Are they about to be shut down or something?

DJ, go look here.
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/016852.html

KewlRonduderules
11-13-2007, 01:54 PM
OK, given the amount of support and coverage he has given to Dr. Paul, I made a donation plus a recurring donation each month- $5. Sorry. Teaparty is around the corner, I am going on vacation soon, and I have Christmas to pay for.

LibertyEagle
11-13-2007, 01:56 PM
Nothing to be sorry for. Thanks!

RPFTW!
11-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Just another zionist who hates Ron Paul nothing to see here.

DjLoTi
11-13-2007, 02:00 PM
What is a donation to LR's blog do to help them or change anything in any way? I'm not discouraging donations, I'm just trying to understand what a donation to them will achieve.

KewlRonduderules
11-13-2007, 02:02 PM
I believe if he responds he gives up his exemption status if I am correct.

purplechoe
11-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Donated $25. Glenn Beck is a moron. In bed with Islamofascists?

fiddler1
11-13-2007, 02:14 PM
Donated $25.00

LRC is one of our best allies! Please help!

robatsu
11-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Well, I donated the closing price of gold on 11/5 ($807.10) to LRC on 11/6 as a tribute to all the RP supporters that made 11/5 possible & Lew's good work. Earlier in the year, I donated $250.

Me, I'll continue to contribute to LRC. I've been reading LRC since around 2002. Often a lone voice in the wilderness, derided as a crank by other conservatives, he's stuck to his guns on liberty & money issues.

He's also provided an ongoing forum for Paul in the years/decades leading up to RP's current popularity.

It is hard to think of another cause more worthy of 2d place for my donation buck after the RP campaign.

JaylieWoW
11-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Well, I donated the closing price of gold on 11/5 ($807.10) to LRC on 11/6 as a tribute to all the RP supporters that made 11/5 possible & Lew's good work. Earlier in the year, I donated $250.

Me, I'll continue to contribute to LRC. I've been reading LRC since around 2002. Often a lone voice in the wilderness, derided as a crank by other conservatives, he's stuck to his guns on liberty & money issues.

He's also provided an ongoing forum for Paul in the years/decades leading up to RP's current popularity.

It is hard to think of another cause more worthy of 2d place for my donation buck after the RP campaign.

Precisely my thoughts, bolded & underlined. I'm only a recent reader, since about mid 2006ish.

I did sign up for the monthly $10 contribution. As the Austrian school would proclaim, "I valued LewRockwell staying in circulation far more than I did keeping my $10 per month". :D

swissmiss
11-13-2007, 03:15 PM
When I was a child 100 USD used to be 400 Swiss Francs. Today it's 112. So I only donated 112 Swiss Francs today.

Keep up the good work.

Pauliana
11-13-2007, 03:23 PM
What is a donation to LR's blog do to help them or change anything in any way? I'm not discouraging donations, I'm just trying to understand what a donation to them will achieve.

A lot actually. If we start firing mini-money bombs at RP supporters who are unfairly attacked and viciously mischaracterized, what message does that send to the attackers?

The right one. :p

I think it's awesome.

wsc321
11-13-2007, 03:25 PM
Donation sent - thanks for the heads up.

purplechoe
11-13-2007, 04:09 PM
bump

davidkachel
11-13-2007, 04:34 PM
Boy this guy is certifiable! He actually believes all that crap that is spewing from his mouth????!!!

Incredible. How can anyone be that misled? Oh yeah, federally funded public education!

JosephTheLibertarian
11-13-2007, 04:46 PM
has Lew Rockwell given up his tax exempt status?

sylvania
11-13-2007, 04:56 PM
has Lew Rockwell given up his tax exempt status?

August 06, 2007
Gary North on the LRC Secession
Posted by Lew Rockwell at August 6, 2007 12:39 PM

Writes Dr. North: "Because LRC was an adjunct to the tax-exempt Center for Libertarian Studies, its positive references to Ron Paul's ideas raised a threat of the loss of CLS's tax-exempt status. So, on June 30, LRC 'seceded' from CLS. Now donations to LRC are no longer tax-deductible. The details are here.

"My view is that LRC is deserving of support, despite the loss of its tax-deduction. The site has become the most heavily trafficked site in the world of anti-bureaucracy ideas. Here is where we go to find out what disaster government has imposed on us lately.

"In the world of LRC, every government boondoggle is a potential I-35 bridge waiting to collapse."

Source (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/014471.html)

Adam Smith
11-13-2007, 05:04 PM
I donated! I love lewrockwell.com!

BillyDkid
11-13-2007, 05:08 PM
Donated $25.00. Lew has been an oasis of sanity on the web for me and many others for years.

schmeisser
11-13-2007, 05:11 PM
donated - we should support him

Danny Molina
11-13-2007, 05:21 PM
I will not donate any money to this man because Glenn Beck told me he was a terrorist. I do not want to fund terrorism, and unlike all the people here I actually love America.

terlinguatx
11-13-2007, 05:26 PM

robatsu
11-13-2007, 07:13 PM
This is really cool all the people donating to LRC, which is sort of intellectual ground zero of RP revolution and was the springboard for RP campaign, as far as I can tell.

LibertyEagle
11-13-2007, 07:19 PM
I will not donate any money to this man because Glenn Beck told me he was a terrorist. I do not want to fund terrorism, and unlike all the people here I actually love America.

You're kidding, right? :confused:

RPFTW!
11-13-2007, 07:20 PM

Sarcasm detector malfunction!

Danny Molina
11-13-2007, 07:21 PM

very much so. :D

OptionsTrader
11-13-2007, 07:28 PM
A public service announcement from the McCarthyism institute of the Third Red Scare:

"Disagree with the current administration's foreign policy of profitable genocide and you shall be labeled a communist witch and will be shackled and tossed in the sea. If you drown and do not float, we apologize for the inconvenience."

DrNoZone
11-13-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm so proud of my fellow RP supporters for donating to another great patriot and their bloggers/writers. I've been a fan of Lew for a long time and have been reading LewRockwell for at least 7 years it seems. They deserve every penny we can muster! I'm broke right now but will be pitching in something next time I get paid (and I've donated before).

purplechoe
11-14-2007, 12:28 AM
bump

Richandler
11-14-2007, 12:41 AM
I want to see Lew Rockwell TV. We should find 500 million dollars somehow and get him his own cable network. Hahaha. Maybe just an internet show or something...

Electrostatic
11-14-2007, 12:41 AM

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.

Pastor Martin Niemöller

Lew was willing to put his ass and his money on the line for this "thing" we are all doing. He deserves for us to have his back. He's earned it.

parke
11-14-2007, 12:44 AM
I donated $12.. not much.. but all I can afford.

annamoo
11-14-2007, 01:04 AM
Ok I donated $25. I have also met Lew and he is a very nice person and a true patriot, I believe. Shame on Horowitz and Beck. Shame on them.

I value the feeling that I have done something to help those that the anti-RP MSM smears more than the $25!

If we keep up this most excellent money bomb action for those on the receiving end of the anti-RP arm of the MSM, the good guys really will benefit from those trash puppies saying all these nasty things. KEEP IT UP, GLENNIE POO. You and your pals are ticking off the wrong people. After all, we are the people who raised $4.3 million in ONE DAY for our guy!!! And yes we will keep bringing it up, bc it will always be true....ahhhhhhhh....sooo sweeeeet.....

If I get slammed by the MSM while defending RP, can we have a money bomb for me??

:D:D

Brinck Slattery
11-14-2007, 07:41 AM
That whole Glen Beck segment was really absurd - I counted 3 outright lies from Horowitz alone. It was also interesting to look at the framing they used - Guy Fawkes wanted to "blow up parliament with everyone in it," but the American revolutionaries simply "broke with England." No mention of the protracted guerrilla war that took place.

If this is the worst we have to deal with from V for Vendetta fallout, then things are going to be ok!

JosephTheLibertarian
11-14-2007, 07:42 AM
why in the world did he sacrifice his foundation just to talk about Ron Paul on his blog? He could have just created a personal blog for it. I think he's a great guy, he is why the Mises Institute exists, I just think doing this made no sense.

conner_condor
11-14-2007, 08:02 AM
opps

RPFTW!
11-14-2007, 08:41 AM
I salute Lew Rockwell, and so will America 40 years down the road when we will take back control, we will remember the heros (Lew Rockwell, Alex Jones, Jack Cafferty) and villains (Beck, O'Reilly, Hannity, Limbaugh)

constituent
11-14-2007, 08:47 AM
why in the world did he sacrifice his foundation just to talk about Ron Paul on his blog? He could have just created a personal blog for it. I think he's a great guy, he is why the Mises Institute exists, I just think doing this made no sense.

probably b/c the traffic was already there and they have the RP archive and lots of other great stuff too...

remember when the campaign was still primarily about education?

in the long run, this will have paid off 100X for lewrockwell.com
it was a very wise move on his part.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-14-2007, 09:08 AM
probably b/c the traffic was already there and they have the RP archive and lots of other great stuff too...

remember when the campaign was still primarily about education?

in the long run, this will have paid off 100X for lewrockwell.com
it was a very wise move on his part.

but has he screwed himself? we should go after that lawyer that was harassing him

DrNoZone
11-14-2007, 09:23 AM

Because his site has HUGE traffic and he wanted to make use of its reputation. I think he did the right thing, risky as it is.

LBT
11-14-2007, 10:23 AM
Lew Rockwell is a true legend in the cause for liberty.

Without his efforts to create the Mises Institute 25 years ago, (Ron Paul also played a part in its early development) I doubt Ron Paul could have become the knowledgeable statesman he is today and I further doubt that his campaign could have got off the ground in the early stages.

Lew also created www.lewrockwell.com which started off as a means for him and fellow thinkers to share news items and to present current affair opinion pieces with each other.

Mises.org and lewrockwell.com are extremely successful websites and I'm proud to have followed them both from the very early days. If I had a spare million, those two organizations, and www.antiwar.com (which is currently doing its quaterly fundraiser) are the places I would gladly contribute.

Thunderbolt
11-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Donated $100.

Glenn Beck attacked him too!

Thunderbolt
11-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Lew Rockwell has kept this campaign going when no one else would write a word! Don't forget to give him a little love!

Thunderbolt
11-14-2007, 11:45 AM

That status cost him over 300k. But he took the hit for Ron Paul.

Swmorgan77
11-14-2007, 12:48 PM
A supposed ex-Marxist. Neo-conservatism is a perfect fit for him, as its founders were themselves, ex-Trotskyites. I myself, somewhat question the "ex" aspect. ;)

ex-marxist? Not if he's a Neo-Con.

syborius
11-14-2007, 02:56 PM

Yes, ex-marxist now better defined as zionist. How repulsive this man is. Blood on your hands sir.

syborius
11-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Boy this guy is certifiable! He actually believes all that crap that is spewing from his mouth????!!!

Incredible. How can anyone be that misled? Oh yeah, federally funded public education!

yeah, federally funded brainwashing for the masses. The zionists FEAR FEAR losing control of their sheep.

constituent
11-14-2007, 03:11 PM
but has he screwed himself? we should go after that lawyer that was harassing him

for great justice...

Thunderbolt
11-14-2007, 05:45 PM
bump

Paulitician
11-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Just donated $5,000. $5,000 well spent, I say. J/K

LibertyEagle
11-14-2007, 06:21 PM
Just donated $5,000. $5,000 well spent, I say. J/K

Just kidding, eh? :( Why would you kid about such a thing?

Paulitician
11-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Because I'm evil bwahahahaha

http://www.habitationofjustice.com/wp-content/uploads/DrEvil.jpg

Flirple
11-14-2007, 06:38 PM
For those who have joined the freedom movement just in the last 9 months specifically because of Ron's campaign it is important to understand the significance of Lew Rockwell.

The success of Ron's presidential campaign has just as much (if not more) to do with Lew Rockwell as it does with Ron Paul. They both are 2 wings on the same bird.The success of this campaign would not be happening without Lew's work over the years. Period.

Lew was Ron's chief of staff back in the day until he decided he needed to do more. The way to look at it is that over the last few decades Ron has been working within the system while Lew has been educating people outside the system. And now all of thier tireless work from over the years are now coalescing to form the perfect revolutionary storm.

maggiebott
11-14-2007, 06:55 PM
I sent him $25 thru snail mail, but sent just the same.

Smiley Gladhands
11-14-2007, 07:04 PM
Donated 25.

Screw Glenn Beck.

crhoades
11-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Bump. Keep the donations going.

4 Ron Paul Articles today alone!
http://www.lewrockwell.com/

Not to mention the blog.
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/