PDA

View Full Version : This movement is bigger than Ron Paul, it is about spreading the message of liberty!

Massachusetts
03-03-2012, 08:37 PM
I see a lot of talk about what Ron Paul needs to do to win the nomination and I see a lot of criticism against his campaign about what he isn't doing to win the nomination.

Isn't the reason that everybody supported Dr. Paul in the first place not because of campaign strategies, but because of the message of liberty and freedom that he has been spreading for thirty years or so now consistently? This movement isn't about Ron Paul. Just because he is at the forefront of the movement doesn't make him winning the Presidency the life or death of this movement.

It is about creating a foundation for the future of the liberty movement. He is doing a fantastic job at that right now and has inspired millions of people not only around the United States but around the world to come together for a single cause: LIBERTY. FREEDOM. THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES.

The liberty movement didn't start with Ron Paul and it is not going to end with Ron Paul. He has been one of the pioneers of the modern era, but it is us the supporters that are responsible for carrying the message over the next generation.

Don't be so discouraged if he doesn't happen to win a state. It would certainly make a lot of us feel better if he won a state, but the idea that this movement is going to die if Ron Paul isn't elected president is absolutely false!

Just my two cents.

GeorgiaAvenger
03-03-2012, 08:39 PM
I agree.

unknown
03-03-2012, 08:43 PM
True but when, if ever, will we see a torch bearer like Ron Paul?

This is a man who is truly incorruptible with a record that spans decades not months or a few years.

We KNOW we can trust Ron Paul.

One day, someone may come along with similar ideals, but there will almost assuredly never be another Ron Paul. No one who will have such an incredible knowledge of the economy, honor the Constitution, defend our civil liberties and condemn our overseas empire with such devotion.

So it is vital that we get him into the White House.

The Gold Standard
03-03-2012, 08:48 PM
If you want to wake people up get Ron up there in a general election debate. Whether it is as a Republican or 3rd party, if 60 million people watch him detonating truth bombs the liberty movement would explode. Imagine if 60 million people watched him pimp slap Giuliani in 07.

Aratus
03-03-2012, 08:49 PM
i want to be at rand paul's nominating convention if i can't be at ron paul's nominating convention, and i'd like to go to yours, too!

GeorgiaAvenger
03-03-2012, 08:50 PM
This campaign is not really in the lead at this point...I wish there was more devotion to Congressional races...winnable races.

LibertyIn08
03-03-2012, 08:52 PM
This isn't just about spreading the message of liberty. It is about winning with the message of liberty. Even if Ron doesn't secure the nomination, the pieces are moving into place for us to control many state parties, elect many more liberty candidates and to begin a grassroots revitalization of the GOP towards constitutionally sound principles.

As Ron likes to say, he always wins.

GeorgiaAvenger
03-03-2012, 08:54 PM
This isn't just about spreading the message of liberty. It is about winning with the message of liberty. Even if Ron doesn't secure the nomination, the pieces are moving into place for us to control many state parties, elect many more liberty candidates and to begin a grassroots revitalization of the GOP towards constitutionally sound principles.

As Ron likes to say, he always wins.

We shouldn't wait till Ron is finished, I am afraid it will be "Paul or nothing" and there will be NO new liberty candidates.

LibertyIn08
03-03-2012, 08:56 PM
We shouldn't wait till Ron is finished, I am afraid it will be "Paul or nothing" and there will be NO new liberty candidates.

"Elect many more liberty candidates" is a simultaneous action. I gave most of my last paycheck to Massie.

NoOneButPaul
03-03-2012, 08:56 PM
This fight has just begun... we have to keep fighting within the GOP and take back the party from the Neo-Cons.

Libertarians will take the GOP back as long as we keep fighting for it.

GeorgiaAvenger
03-03-2012, 08:58 PM
"Elect many more liberty candidates" is a simultaneous action. I gave most of my last paycheck to Massie.

Thank you for doing that.

But there are also so many more than Massie...and nobody even knows about them.

LibertyIn08
03-03-2012, 09:00 PM

I support those who have an appreciable chance of winning (i.e. districts that are less than D+5, roughly) unless given a very good reason to do so otherwise. I simply don't have the resources to give to everyone.

That, at the moment, is Amash, Massie and Robinson. Might help out Mack if I can manage it. There's also a lot of state level races that deserve attention.

Aratus
03-03-2012, 09:01 PM
glen bradley in N.C who is our own "gunnyfreedom"
is looking for some ten spots as campaign donations

klamath
03-03-2012, 09:02 PM
I agree. I am not having a lot of heartache this election as RP clued me in to the fact he wasn't running to win in the first debate. I want him to get as many votes as possible so that his issues are addressed more. Also I want him to build a campaign machine that will help Rand in 16. I know a lot of people aren't going to support rand but in my book that will actually help Rand because some of the more extremists won't be selling Rand with their ideas about what Rand stands for.

NoOneButPaul
03-03-2012, 09:02 PM

If nobody knows about them that's their own fault.

I keep telling myself i'd be running for an office if I was old enough and if I did the first place I would have come is here.

Boom, right away you got tireless fighters of freedom who know who you are and are willing to help spread the message...

realtonygoodwin
03-03-2012, 09:03 PM
I respectfully disagree. The Ron Paul campaign should be about getting Ron Paul elected as President. With Ron Paul as President, the message of liberty will be spread! I don't support Ron just to spread the message. I support him because I want him to win. We spread the message in 2008, and I want this time to be different.

NoOneButPaul
03-03-2012, 09:04 PM
I agree. I am not having a lot of heartache this election as RP clued me in to the fact he wasn't running to win in the first debate. I want him to get as many votes as possible so that his issues are addressed more. Also I want him to build a campaign machine that will help Rand in 16. I know a lot of people aren't going to support rand but in my book that will actually help Rand because some of the more extremists won't be selling Rand with their ideas about what Rand stands for.

Exactly...

I'm not a Rand fan at all but I realize that he'll get so much more soft support that it won't matter if people like me aren't totally on board with him.

And when push comes to shove odds are he'll get my vote either way.

sailingaway
03-03-2012, 09:05 PM

I think you are dead wrong. I think he was always running to win, but also after 30 years didn't have much certainty he would. The problem is there is only one Ron Paul. Standing up against offers of power and the slippery slope of compromise is uncommon to the point of endangered. No one has a record like Ron's.

this seems an awful lot like a 'give up on this race' thread, and I don't think much of it, to be honest.

Massachusetts
I respectfully disagree. The Ron Paul campaign should be about getting Ron Paul elected as President. With Ron Paul as President, the message of liberty will be spread! I don't support Ron just to spread the message. I support him because I want him to win. We spread the message in 2008, and I want this time to be different.

I want him to win too and his campaign should too, but if he doesn't win the movement will still live and that is my point. It is up to us to continue to spread this message. He's just laying the foundation.

NoOneButPaul

We all want this time to be different but we're well over 20% in and Romney is starting running away with it.

These things take time, we just have to keep fighting for 2012 and way way beyond...

Joshua2585
Justin Amash is someone carrying on the message. I also believe that Adam Kokesh could probably run again and do some good. There are a lot of people born of this movement. It isn't going to go away like the GOP and their puppet masters, the Fed wants it to. Ron Paul has changed this country forever. 50%+ of 30 and unders are voting for liberty. This movement is the FUTURE of the Republican party whether they want to embrace it or not.

LibertyIn08
03-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Justin Amash is someone carrying on the message. I also believe that Adam Kokesh could probably run again and do some good. There are a lot of people born of this movement. It isn't going to go away like the GOP and their puppet masters, the Fed wants it to. Ron Paul has changed this country forever. 50%+ of 30 and unders are voting for liberty. This movement is the FUTURE of the Republican party whether they want to embrace it or not.

Until Kokesh finds a district where an abrasive personality such as his can win, he's best sticking to his confrontational, rage against the machine shtick.

Massachusetts
03-03-2012, 09:10 PM

Great point about the 30 and unders crowd! I'm part of that crowd and I think that there is a lot of young people that this movement has yet to be exposed to. Many people who jumped on board with this movement in 2007/2008 and many who jumped on board in 2011/2012 still probably aren't quite old enough to run for office in Washington just yet. I think there is a lot of hope with this group, I can feel it.

By 2020, the current 30 and under crowd will be the largest pool of voters in the history of this great country.

ClydeCoulter
03-03-2012, 09:17 PM
I, being 57, would like to see Ron's message become the breath of this country before I go...

klamath
03-03-2012, 09:22 PM
I think you are dead wrong. I think he was always running to win, but also after 30 years didn't have much certainty he would. The problem is there is only one Ron Paul. Standing up against offers of power and the slippery slope of compromise is uncommon to the point of endangered. No one has a record like Ron's.

this seems an awful lot like a 'give up on this race' thread, and I don't think much of it, to be honest.
And I think you are dead wrong with your enforced hyper enthusiasm. It is reenforcing the image that all RP supporters are checked out of reality and and thereby any issue and ideas they have are checked out of reality. RP has lost the nomination but he has not lost the long term movement and I want to work on a long term plan. RP does not want to be president but would have taken it if he was elected, but RP does want his son to be president. You can ban me and others for our beliefs but you will only be harming the future of the movement.

ClydeCoulter
03-03-2012, 09:24 PM
As someone else has been posting (sorry I can't give credit):

Ron is not Rand.
Rand is not Ron.

For Me, Rand has yet to prove himself.

NoOneButPaul
03-03-2012, 09:25 PM
I, being 57, would like to see Ron's message become the breath of this country before I go...

Well if you make it to Ron's age you'll see it in my opinion...

ClydeCoulter
03-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Well if you make it to Ron's age you'll see it in my opinion...

I really hope so, for you, my children and granchildren.

Aratus
03-03-2012, 09:26 PM
i want to be at rand paul's nominating convention if i can't be at ron paul's nominating convention, and i'd like to go to yours, too!

one of us might go the distance -- the future has yet to be -- we know tomorrow's leaders are already here or are about to join us!

Tod
03-03-2012, 09:28 PM
There is absolutely no better way to spread the message of Liberty than for RP to gain the White House and for likeminded candidates to hold positions in Congress and every other possible position.

Everything else is a poor substitute.

Massachusetts
03-03-2012, 09:29 PM

You will see it. There are a lot of young people that are a part of this movement as demonstrated by this forum, other online institutions and many of the Ron Paul events that you see happening across the country. The simple fact that there are pro-liberty and constitutional candidates popping up in political positions across the country is evidence that this is slowly but surely working, a work in progress, but working. Don't be discouraged that the young support isn't turning into large voting numbers just yet. As cliche as it is, if you build it, they will come.

ClydeCoulter
03-03-2012, 09:29 PM
There is absolutely no better way to spread the message of Liberty than for RP to gain the White House and for likeminded candidates to hold positions in Congress and every other possible position.

Amen!

specsaregood
03-03-2012, 09:32 PM
I think you are dead wrong. I think he was always running to win, but also after 30 years didn't have much certainty he would. .

go read the chapter on "empire" in "liberty defined" and pay attention to his comments regarding cicero. it backs up your comment.

palm
03-03-2012, 09:33 PM
I see a lot of talk about what Ron Paul needs to do to win the nomination and I see a lot of criticism against his campaign about what he isn't doing to win the nomination.

Isn't the reason that everybody supported Dr. Paul in the first place not because of campaign strategies, but because of the message of liberty and freedom that he has been spreading for thirty years or so now consistently? This movement isn't about Ron Paul. Just because he is at the forefront of the movement doesn't make him winning the Presidency the life or death of this movement.

It is about creating a foundation for the future of the liberty movement. He is doing a fantastic job at that right now and has inspired millions of people not only around the United States but around the world to come together for a single cause: LIBERTY. FREEDOM. THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES.

The liberty movement didn't start with Ron Paul and it is not going to end with Ron Paul. He has been one of the pioneers of the modern era, but it is us the supporters that are responsible for carrying the message over the next generation.

Don't be so discouraged if he doesn't happen to win a state. It would certainly make a lot of us feel better if he won a state, but the idea that this movement is going to die if Ron Paul isn't elected president is absolutely false!

Just my two cents.

I was just going to start a thread on this same subject :)

Some people blame the "Man" on their "inability" to be free, not realizing the whole time we were free.

Sure by way of our Natural rights we should be able to pursue our own ends and live peaceable without coercion of force, but have you yet to realize that we are even more free than the people that rule over us?

They are enslaved by their ignorance and arrogance, they are enslaved by our perceptions of them, they are not supreme - at all.

We may be restricted as far our quality of life is concerned, but life is more broad than just America. The one land in which you can always be free is in the intellectual mind, is that not where all ideas of freedom and dreams of freedom originate? We are only slaves to those which we grant power over us listen to this parable from Buddah-

THE Blessed One observed the ways of society and noticed how much misery came from malignity and foolish offenses done only to gratify vanity and self-seeking pride. And the Buddha said: "If a man foolishly does me wrong, I will return to him the protection of my ungrudging love; the more evil comes from him, the more good shall go from me; the fragrance of goodness always comes to me, and the harmful air of evil goes to him."

A foolish man learning that the Buddha observed the principle of great love which commends the return of good for evil, came and abused him. The Buddha was silent, pitying his folly. When the man had finished his abuse, the Buddha asked him, saying: "Son, if a man declined to accept a present made to him, to whom would it belong?" And he answered: "In that case it would belong to the man who offered it."

"My son," said the Buddha thou hast railed at me, but I decline to accept thy abuse, and request thee to keep it thyself. Will it not be a source of misery to thee? As the echo belongs to the sound, and the shadow to the substance, so misery will overtake the evil-doer without fail."

The abuser made no reply, and Buddha continued: "A wicked man who reproaches a virtuous one is like one who looks up and spits at heaven; the spittle soils not the heaven, but comes back and defiles his own person. The slanderer is like one who flings dust at another when the wind is contrary; the dust does but return on him who threw it. The virtuous man cannot be hurt and the misery that the other would inflict comes back on himself." The abuser went away ashamed,

This is an intellectual revolution, not just a change in power. We cannot blame the ignorant for the ignorance of the ignorant.

All we can do is observe, and the conversation is changing. Things slowly change and yes, a collapse may help people to realize that the Government can be a hindrance more than a help, but people will always want other people to do the thinking and decision making for them. We are all inherently free, all we can do is lie to ourselves and deny our freedom and ability. We must continue to GOTV and Promote freedom but this is far from over and those who give up need to grow up

Nathan Hale
03-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Ron Paul is doing everything that he can to win this nomination. I think that the covert "take the delegates regardless of the popular vote" strategy is a noble one. This is a revolution, not a political campaign. We're in this motherfucker to win it. That said, I say all of this with this thread's thesis in mind. This revolution is bigger than Ron Paul, and it is Paul himself who warns us against making this a cult of personality. We need to make this into a genuine movement. Think beyond Paul. Look to the Congressional races. If Paul loses the nom and opts out of a third party run, look to another candidate or look to 2016. We're in this for the long haul. Stay networked. Stay active. But please, for the love of God, don't turn this into Ron Paul worship. This is about liberty, Paul is but a servant of that cause.

TheGrinch
03-03-2012, 09:40 PM
+rep to the OP... I have so many thoughts on how Dr. Paul isn't whole movement, just the biggest piece, but I just want to say that the growth of this once-fringe movement has just been amazing, and the level of dedication from everyone has made all of the difference in the world.

It's taken me 4 years of discussions with some people for them to accept that Dr. Paul is right, and so remember that even if you don't get a convert this go round, once you plant the seeds of liberty, then eventually they can't look without seeing the cracks in the house built around them, once it's exposed to them.

They always say, you'll never meet an ex-Paul supporter, but to take that even further, you'll never find a person who fights for liberty who will ever accept anything less.

Aratus
03-03-2012, 09:41 PM
we all should REP the OP for the way he got this thread discussion going!

palm
03-03-2012, 09:46 PM
As someone else has been posting (sorry I can't give credit):

Ron is not Rand.
Rand is not Ron.

For Me, Rand has yet to prove himself.

Ron is not Freedom
Rand is not Freedom

Why dont you run if you are so much more qualified than Rnad, and if you aren't whats your point?

Whats your grounds?

TheGrinch
03-03-2012, 09:46 PM
we all should REP the OP for the way he got this thread discussion going!
You make it sound so dirty! :p

Aratus
03-03-2012, 09:48 PM
^Aratus looks up^ i did? oh my!

palm
03-03-2012, 09:49 PM

So there for freedom is contingent upon leadership to dictate freedom?

yeah right

The White house is paltry, this is an Intellectual revolution, not a change in power.

Though we definantely need less corruption, you have to kill the desire to be corrupt first

NoOneButPaul
03-03-2012, 09:51 PM

yeah right

The White house is paltry, this is an Intellectual revolution, not a change in power.

Though we definantely need less corruption, you have to kill the desire to be corrupt first

Exactly.

The POTUS would be nice but the POTUS is not a King.

We need to take over the GOP first and then go from there... we will win this in the long run because we have time on our side...

palm
03-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Exactly.

The POTUS would be nice but the POTUS is not a King.

We need to take over the GOP first and then go from there... we will win this in the long run because we have time on our side...

my goal is not just to join the GOP, that would be good, but we cant really say that any of the two parties are congruent with the freedom message.

Though I will run for political office I will run based on ideas not on a two party paradigm/false dichotomy

jolynna
03-03-2012, 10:06 PM
But, you don't advance liberty by endorsing an anti-liberty GOP. Which is what Patriot Act & NDAA supporting Romney is. He supports warrantless wire-tapping of mosques A& no access to lawyers for terrorist detainee.

Give up the life liberty & justice for all & there is no movement.

No Free Beer
03-03-2012, 10:16 PM

Just my two cents.

The message, yes. The election, no.

Aratus
03-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Massachusetts wants to run for public office in the near future and he would not be
on the take like the way half our politicians are. I like true grit, honesty and idealism!

ClydeCoulter
03-03-2012, 10:55 PM
The message does not depend on Ron Paul getting elected, but time is running out.
Look at history, do you think the NDAA, SOPA, ACTA, etc... and all the rest are for nothing?
Don't stop trying if Ron Paul isn't the nominee, but don't stop now from trying your best to get him elected.
Your, our, best chance for averting a really bad scene right now is getting him in office.

FindLiberty
03-03-2012, 11:31 PM

100% (I'm 1 year older though.)

Massachusetts
03-04-2012, 09:22 AM
But, you don't advance liberty by endorsing an anti-liberty GOP. Which is what Patriot Act & NDAA supporting Romney is. He supports warrantless wire-tapping of mosques A& no access to lawyers for terrorist detainee.

Give up the life liberty & justice for all & there is no movement.

But, we aren't endorsing an anti-liberty GOP. I want Ron Paul to win this election and I'm going to do all I can to help him win it. All I'm saying is the movement doesn't live and die with Ron Paul's run for President. There's a future beyond RP.

Cleaner44
03-04-2012, 09:27 AM
I agree.

I still have much work to do on Liberty Candidates United (http://libertycandidatesunited.wordpress.com/) but soon we will have to really make a major effort to promote it.

Local liberty candidates for the win!

pacelli
03-04-2012, 09:48 AM
I'm sure that regardless of whether Ron wins the nomination or not, the message of liberty will continue to be spread by the Campaign for Liberty.

Johnny Appleseed
03-04-2012, 10:17 AM
What is the message of liberty?

Travlyr
03-04-2012, 10:22 AM
What is the message of liberty?
Sound money, fully redeemable.

Johnny Appleseed
03-04-2012, 10:32 AM
oh so its about money?

azxd
03-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Ron Paul is doing everything that he can to win this nomination. I think that the covert "take the delegates regardless of the popular vote" strategy is a noble one. This is a revolution, not a political campaign. We're in this motherfucker to win it. That said, I say all of this with this thread's thesis in mind. This revolution is bigger than Ron Paul, and it is Paul himself who warns us against making this a cult of personality. We need to make this into a genuine movement. Think beyond Paul. Look to the Congressional races. If Paul loses the nom and opts out of a third party run, look to another candidate or look to 2016. We're in this for the long haul. Stay networked. Stay active. But please, for the love of God, don't turn this into Ron Paul worship. This is about liberty, Paul is but a servant of that cause.
That has always been a concern of mine, as some people do seem to be kind of cultish in their attitude about Ron, and think he is the movement.

Travlyr
03-04-2012, 10:41 AM
oh so its about money?
It is more about honesty. Honest trading. The Federal Reserve System is a counterfeiting operation. They inflate the money away from production and enrich rulers through wars for profit and control populations through democide. People are left to fend for themselves, they lose their wealth, their homes, free market jobs, and pay for perpetual wars.

Honest sound money promotes liberty, peace, and prosperity.

specsaregood
03-04-2012, 10:43 AM
oh so its about money?

You should read Pauls 50pg book. Gold Peace, Prosperity. The birth of a new currency.

Gold makes every man a central banker!

Its available for a couple bucks or free online. If you are interested you'll find it no problem.

Travlyr
03-04-2012, 10:43 AM
"Gold, Peace, and Prosperity (http://mises.org/books/goldpeace.pdf)" by Ron Paul explains it pretty well. It is a short read too. 80 pages or so.

Johnny Appleseed
03-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Ive lost my wealth my home and my free market job and I haven't felt so liberated in a long time. My ultimate goal is to completely fend for myself

gold is heavy, I don't want anything that is going to weigh me down

for you all liberty is something you put on for me its something I was born with

donnay
03-04-2012, 11:11 AM
This is a great thread! Op +rep

I also think that the message of Liberty will resonate for years to come--the message of liberty is waking a sleeping giant! Ideas are bullet proof!!!

I also think that Dr. Paul is shining a light on the corruption--by the way the GOP have treated him, to being a candidate (twice!) and being in the debates. Dr. Paul is talking about issues that the GOP/DNC don't want people to know! I take delight in the fact and that I am a part of a movement to end the corruption! Talking about the corruption helps stimulate the independent thought, and moves the country in the right direction!!

I admire and respect Dr. Paul's perseverance, diligence, integrity, and courage for standing up to this corruption!!

That's why come November, my vote will be: NO ONE BUT PAUL!!!

Travlyr
03-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Ive lost my wealth my home and my free market job and I haven't felt so liberated in a long time. My ultimate goal is to completely fend for myself

for you all liberty is something you put on for me its something I was born with
I don't see liberty as something I put on. I see liberty as dealing with each other peacefully and honestly without the chains of tyranny binding me.

specsaregood
03-04-2012, 11:43 AM

Really? its at 1700/oz. What else do you have that packs so much worth into such a small size and weight?

Johnny Appleseed
03-04-2012, 11:53 AM
You forgot to count the weight of worrying about it

heavenlyboy34
03-04-2012, 11:56 AM
True but when, if ever, will we see a torch bearer like Ron Paul?

This is a man who is truly incorruptible with a record that spans decades not months or a few years.

We KNOW we can trust Ron Paul.

One day, someone may come along with similar ideals, but there will almost assuredly never be another Ron Paul. No one who will have such an incredible knowledge of the economy, honor the Constitution, defend our civil liberties and condemn our overseas empire with such devotion.

So it is vital that we get him into the White House.
This^^

heavenlyboy34
03-04-2012, 11:58 AM

That's what cheques and gold-backed notes are for.

Tod
03-04-2012, 12:07 PM

yeah right

You completely missed my point.

Also, your statement about killing the desire to be corrupt completely ignores the nature of man.

Johnny Appleseed
03-04-2012, 12:13 PM
my gold mine is simple satisfaction

Lady Liberty kissed me as a boy and I haven't been able to get her off of my mind not even after 22 years of marriage to another woman

Travlyr
03-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Here is an article in pdf written by Howard Buffet's father that explains how honest sound money liberates.

Excerpts,

Human Freedom Rests on Gold Redeemable Money (http://www.fame.org/pdf/buffet3.pdf) by HON. HOWARD BUFFETT U. S. Congressman from Nebraska

I hold here a small packet of this second kind of money -- printing press paper money -- technically known as fiat money because its value is arbitrarily fixed by rulers or statute. The amount of this money in numerals is very large. This little packet amounts to CNC $680,000. It cost me $5 at regular exchange rates. I understand I got clipped on the deal. I could have gotten $2½ million if I had purchased in the black market. But you can readily see that this Chinese money, which is a fine grade of paper money, gives the individual who owns it no independence, because it has no redemptive value.

Under such conditions the individual citizen is deprived of freedom of movement. He is prevented from laying away purchasing power for the future. He becomes dependent upon the goodwill of the politicians for his daily bread. Unless he lives on land that will sustain him, freedom for him does not exist.[...]

I warn you that politicians of both parties will oppose the restoration of gold, although they may outwardly seemingly favor it. Also those elements here and abroad who are getting rich from the continued American inflation will oppose a return to sound money. You must be prepared to meet their opposition intelligently and vigorously. They have had 15 years of unbroken victory.

But, unless you are willing to surrender your children and your country to galloping inflation, war and slavery, then this cause demands your support. For if human liberty is to survive in America, we must win the battle to restore honest money.

There is no more important challenge facing us than this issue -- the restoration of your freedom to secure gold in exchange for the fruits of your labors.

azxd
03-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Really? its at 1700/oz. What else do you have that packs so much worth into such a small size and weight?
Bullets !!!
A 22 can get you lunch.

Gold is hard to eat ;)

ClydeCoulter
03-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Bullets !!!
A 22 can get you lunch.

Gold is hard to eat ;)

But gold is portable/tradable.

If you shoot a squirell with your .22 you must trade it for corn or a table or axe or whatever before it spoils. And just maybe they don't want a squirel.

azxd
03-04-2012, 02:17 PM
But gold is portable/tradable.

If you shoot a squirell with your .22 you must trade it for corn or a table or axe or whatever before it spoils. And just maybe they don't want a squirel.
You could also eat it, and for their cost, you could trade off a bunch of them, and still have plenty of them left for the next hunt.

Dig around here - http://ferfal.blogspot.com/ or just buy his book.
For that matter, unless it was taken down by request, most of his book was posted here, before he turned it into a book.

Gold is basically worthless in a major economic collapse, and junk gold will have the same value as the better stuff, while you'll need to find a big city exchange place if you want to barter bullion.

But things that allow for defense and hunting will be invaluable.

Gold is really nothing more than a bet against current currency forms, and for all we know, if things go far south, gold might have no value at all.

Johnny Appleseed
03-04-2012, 02:21 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to azxd again.

it may be the most ya get for a bar of gold is a loaf of bread

adaptability endurance and luck are the best commodities.

ClydeCoulter
03-04-2012, 03:18 PM
You could also eat it, and for their cost, you could trade off a bunch of them, and still have plenty of them left for the next hunt.

Dig around here - http://ferfal.blogspot.com/ or just buy his book.
For that matter, unless it was taken down by request, most of his book was posted here, before he turned it into a book.

Gold is basically worthless in a major economic collapse, and junk gold will have the same value as the better stuff, while you'll need to find a big city exchange place if you want to barter bullion.

But things that allow for defense and hunting will be invaluable.

Gold is really nothing more than a bet against current currency forms, and for all we know, if things go far south, gold might have no value at all.

Yep, you are right about that in a total collapse scenario. Tobacco, sugar, salt, milk, meat, bullets of various callibers will be worth alot.

But is that what we are discussing, armegedon scenario, or how it ought to be now?

This seems a mixed up tangled discussion.

NoOneButPaul
03-04-2012, 03:20 PM
my goal is not just to join the GOP, that would be good, but we cant really say that any of the two parties are congruent with the freedom message.

Though I will run for political office I will run based on ideas not on a two party paradigm/false dichotomy

Of course the GOP doesn't represent the freedom message.

That's why we have to take it over.

We take it over and the sky is the limit.

Massachusetts
03-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Of course the GOP doesn't represent the freedom message.

That's why we have to take it over.

We take it over and the sky is the limit.

I'm honestly of the impression that it is coming very soon..the GOP as we know it (neo-cons) is going to collapse. The country just isn't buying the propaganda as much as they used to. It's coming.

pacelli
03-04-2012, 06:00 PM
How did spreading the message of liberty evolve into a discussion about whether gold can be orally consumed?

LOL you guys and gals crack me up. 2 days before super tuesday. LOL hey what about silver!!?