PDA

View Full Version : RON PAUL IS TOO GOOD FOR THE GOP...

wgadget
03-03-2012, 07:11 PM
They don't deserve him.

That is all.

Suzu
03-03-2012, 07:24 PM
I had a thought... Remote possibility, but still a possibility.... Ron Paul & Romney have talked, and Paul has been able to get through to him on the problem of fiat money. Romney says "I'm not going to talk about the Fed, because that will turn TPTB against me. But once I get elected, I'll appoint who you say for Fed chairman, I'll make sure it gets audited. So don't be too hard on me."

rideurlightning
03-03-2012, 07:28 PM
I had a thought... Remote possibility, but still a possibility.... Ron Paul & Romney have talked, and Paul has been able to get through to him on the problem of fiat money. Romney says "I'm not going to talk about the Fed, because that will turn TPTB against me. But once I get elected, I'll appoint who you say for Fed chairman, I'll make sure it gets audited. So don't be too hard on me."

Doubt it. There would have to be a compromise, like an endorsement. Not gonna happen.

flynn
03-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Well history is on the tyranny and serfdom side. I have accepted that human beings in general don't deserve freedom. But we are heading to the right direction in each political evolution.

thoughtomator
03-03-2012, 07:39 PM
More to the point, they don't deserve us.

Liberty74
03-03-2012, 07:41 PM

Doesn't the Fed chairman have to be approved by the Senate?

Edit: The person must be approved by the Senate. Ain't going to happen if Romney suggests Paul to be Fed Chairman.

wgadget
03-03-2012, 07:44 PM
If Ron did choose to go third party, there would be a GIANT SUCKING SOUND from people leaving the GOP.

I'd love to hear it, myself.

heavenlyboy34
03-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Well history is on the tyranny and serfdom side. I have accepted that human beings in general don't deserve freedom. But we are heading to the right direction in each political evolution.Too generalized. You should say that human beings who aren't interested in retaining freedom don't deserve it. (we are all born free in our natural state. Freedom is then either stolen or given away.)

heavenlyboy34
03-03-2012, 07:45 PM
If Ron did choose to go third party, there would be a GIANT SUCKING SOUND from people leaving the GOP.

Doubt it. RP endorsed Baldwin last time, but that made almost no impact on the result. JMHO.

VictorB
03-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Start a new fresh party. You have to start fresh from the top to the bottom. He has tremendous momentum and following right now. He has a chance to establish a real 3rd party threat. He polls at 18% against Romney and Obama as a 3rd party candidate.

There will be Super Pacs that will help.

That said, he'd never do it.

Anti Federalist
03-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Too generalized. You should say that human beings who aren't interested in retaining freedom don't deserve it. (we are all born free in our natural state. Freedom is then either stolen or given away.)

This +rep.

People give up their freedom willingly, in exchange for leisure, luxury and entertainment.

King, potentates and pooh bahs of every stripe have been exploiting that human weakness for over ten thousand years.

Then they whine when all of a sudden the food and entertainment dry up.

kathy88
03-03-2012, 07:50 PM

Can't see Romney cutting off his own dick.

flynn
03-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Too generalized. You should say that human beings who aren't interested in retaining freedom don't deserve it. (we are all born free in our natural state. Freedom is then either stolen or given away.)

If true freedom can be given away and stolen, then they are not freedom, they are just privileges.

Anti Federalist
03-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Doubt it. RP endorsed Baldwin last time, but that made almost no impact on the result. JMHO.

I don't know about that.

The margin of GOP loss in more than one state in 2008 was smaller than the combined LP/CP vote totals, not counting write ins of which I'm sure a number were for RP.

wgadget
03-03-2012, 07:52 PM
So basically our Declaration of Independence has been rendered moot. Maybe it should be revamped into a Declaration of Dependence...

Anti Federalist
03-03-2012, 07:53 PM
If true freedom can be given away and stolen, then they are not freedom, they are just privileges.

You can give your freedom away, it's yours, you own it.

Fail to take care of it, exercise it, know or protect it will result its loss.

rpwi
03-03-2012, 07:54 PM
I had a thought... Remote possibility, but still a possibility.... Ron Paul & Romney have talked, and Paul has been able to get through to him on the problem of fiat money. Romney says "I'm not going to talk about the Fed, because that will turn TPTB against me. But once I get elected, I'll appoint who you say for Fed chairman, I'll make sure it gets audited. So don't be too hard on me."Romney has said he is against the gold standard...so I don't see this happening.

“You know,” Mr. Romney replied, according to the transcript of the CNBC interview posted at Real Clear Politics. “I’m happy to look at a whole range of ideas on how to have greater stability in our currency and in our monetary policies. I know that in the past when we had a gold standard, the idea that somehow it was detached from or free from any interference by Congress was simply wrong because even with the gold standard someone has to decide what is the conversion rate between the gold and the dollar.”

“Hmmm,” Mr. Kudlow commented.

“And Congress,” Mr. Romney continued, “can inflate the dollar simply by changing the exchange rate, as was done in the past. So I don't think there’s any, if you will, magic bullet substitute for economic restraint, for not spending more money than you take in, for having the nation that’s the most productive in the entire world. That’s how you get wealth for the middle class is making America a more productive nation with high savings rates and a government that only spends what it takes in.”

Anti Federalist
03-03-2012, 07:55 PM
So basically our Declaration of Independence has been rendered moot. Maybe it should be revamped into a Declaration of Dependence...

Shit...you paraphrase the words and intent and meaning, in a public forum, of the Declaration today, and it will get you arrested.

If I stated what it means, in my own words, it would get me banned from here.

heavenlyboy34
03-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Incorrect. You trade your freedom to your employer (to an extent) in exchange for money/benefits. A free person can also sell himself into bondage if it suits him. IOW, freedom is independent of external factors.

heavenlyboy34
03-03-2012, 08:03 PM
I don't know about that.

The margin of GOP loss in more than one state in 2008 was smaller than the combined LP/CP vote totals, not counting write ins of which I'm sure a number were for RP.
Interesting. I'd like to see the hard statistical data on this sometime.

flynn
03-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Incorrect. You trade your freedom to your employer (to an extent) in exchange for money/benefits. A free person can also sell himself into bondage if it suits him.

That's in the sense of time but the thoughts and desires you hold, the creativity and imagination that you have are still yours even if you decide to go into servitude the rest of your life. If those things have no value in a man, then yes, freedom in that case meant nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc7oZ9yWqO4

LibertyEagle
03-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Why is this defeatist thread in Grassroots Central?

jacmicwag
03-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Nothing defeatist about the third party idea in my opinion even though it ain't going to happen.

heavenlyboy34
03-06-2012, 10:55 PM
That's in the sense of time but the thoughts and desires you hold, the creativity and imagination that you have are still yours even if you decide to go into servitude the rest of your life. If those things have no value in a man, then yes, freedom in that case meant nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc7oZ9yWqO4
True. Unfortunately, many libertarians and Objectivists (illogically) derive from this a "right" to "own" an idea-especially backed by State force (copyright, patent, etc). /end off-topic ramble

carterm
03-06-2012, 11:00 PM
third party (bring on the negative rep). i don't care, i want to see him in more debates, especially against obama.

flynn
03-06-2012, 11:03 PM
True. Unfortunately, many libertarians and Objectivists (illogically) derive from this a "right" to "own" an idea-especially backed by State force (copyright, patent, etc). /end off-topic ramble

I know Randians support patents and copyrights, I personally support copyrights but not the patent system. Copyright is legitimate to the extend that others might outright copy your work and call it their own without improvement upon it. Patent is just barrier to entry.

opinionatedfool
03-06-2012, 11:07 PM

With the way people have been having a defeatist attitude lately, I'm starting to think that may be an option. Boy would the establishment freak!

opinionatedfool
03-06-2012, 11:08 PM

Lol, yeah but who the heck is baldwin?

wgadget
03-06-2012, 11:11 PM
Baldwin is a good man, and I voted for him in 2008, but he's no Ron Paul.