PDA

View Full Version : Is it ever ok to shoot a cop ?

mrsat_98
03-03-2012, 04:23 PM
This just in from Jerry Chambliss who shot physco cop Fred Ensiminger in Diamondhead and got away with it.

http://www.stuttgartdailyleader.com/state_news/x1785605017/Prosecutor-Shooting-of-Ark-constable-justified

PINE BLUFF, Ark. —

A man accused in the January shooting death of a Jefferson County constable won't face felony charges after investigators determined that the shooting was justified, a prosecutor said Thursday.

Prosecutor Kyle Hunter said Constable Tommy Holcomb pulled his weapon first when he was shot by Edward Blundell, 29, in the parking lot of a gas station.

Hunter said in a news release that after an exhaustive investigation, "I have concluded that Edward Blundell was justified in his action under Arkansas law in that he was reasonable in believing that deadly force was about to be used against him."

Authorities said a car driven by Blundell's wife nearly collided with Holcomb's car in the parking lot of a gas station, and the men got into an argument. Hunter said Holcomb drew his weapon first and Blundell shot him. Holcomb also fired at Blundell, but the bullet did not penetrate Blundell's chest.

The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reports (http://is.gd/W5Zzpi ) Blundell will face a misdemeanor charge for not having a gun permit.

Hunter said Holcomb did not commit any crimes but that he should have shown his constable badge when he pulled his weapon.

Holcomb's brother, Jefferson County Judge Mike Holcomb, said Thursday that he didn't want to comment on the prosecutor's findings and instead focused on his family's loss.

"It was a horrible thing that happened to our family," he said. "We are just hurting. That's about all I want to say."

Hunter called Holcomb's death a tragedy.

"It is a horrible loss," Hunter said. "Not only to his family, but to the entire community. We in law enforcement are thankful for his many years of service."

aGameOfThrones
03-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Authorities said a car driven by Blundell's wife nearly collided with Holcomb's car in the parking lot of a gas station, and the men got into an argument. Hunter said Holcomb drew his weapon first and Blundell shot him. Holcomb also fired at Blundell, but the bullet did not penetrate Blundell's chest.

So he drew his weapon because they were arguing?

And yet...

Hunter said Holcomb did not commit any crimes but that he should have shown his constable badge when he pulled his weapon.

I don't know about this...

"It is a horrible loss," Hunter said. "Not only to his family, but to the entire community. We in law enforcement are thankful for his many years of service."

It seems like they lost a trigger happy constable.

Danke
03-03-2012, 05:06 PM
http://www.copblock.org/5475/when-should-you-shoot-a-cop/

MelissaWV
03-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Pretty sure that putting this in General Politics on a Caucus evening was not the smartest move ever.

It is okay to shoot a cop when it is okay to shoot another human being, or at least it should be. Apply your personal and your state's legal standards to that, and you have your answer. Unfortunately, you'll find reality to be very different from theory.

angelatc
03-03-2012, 05:10 PM
This just in from Jerry Chambliss who shot physco cop Fred Ensiminger in Diamondhead and got away with it.

http://www.stuttgartdailyleader.com/state_news/x1785605017/Prosecutor-Shooting-of-Ark-constable-justified

PINE BLUFF, Ark. —

A man accused in the January shooting death of a Jefferson County constable won't face felony charges after investigators determined that the shooting was justified, a prosecutor said Thursday.

Hurrah for justice, and thanks for keeping us atune to this

fisharmor
03-03-2012, 05:13 PM
So, hang on, I think the question everyone wants to know is this: Did Blundell get a paid vacation for this, or didn't he?

1000-points-of-fright
03-03-2012, 05:23 PM
I wanna know what this dude's chest is made of. Or what kinda of piece of shit guns this police dept is issuing.

Johnny Appleseed
03-03-2012, 05:24 PM
"but the bullet didn't penetrate his chest"?.....defective ammo? the cop probably figured he would scare the guy not knowing he had a gun too. Just because the state justifies it doesn't mean it will be any easier going to sleep at night knowing you killed a man

oyarde
03-03-2012, 05:34 PM
I just figured he missed him ?

pcosmar
03-03-2012, 05:53 PM
"but the bullet didn't penetrate his chest"?.....defective ammo? the cop probably figured he would scare the guy not knowing he had a gun too. Just because the state justifies it doesn't mean it will be any easier going to sleep at night knowing you killed a man

Guardian Angel.

;)