View Full Version : Clark County, Vancouver, WA Precinct 681 Results

Xenophage
03-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Delegate Totals:
1 - Paul (my awesome girlfriend!)
1 - Santorum
1 - Gingrich
3 - Romney

Yes, Romney supporters came out in droves from their retirement homes. A whole busload of them. Furthermore, only half of the identified Ron Paul supporters we had on our sheet who said they'd come out actually did, and a few of the ones who came out for the straw poll did not stick around to elect delegates. Our experience was a microcosm of the Washington caucuses - I hope other places did better.

Some precincts sent full slates of Ron Paul delegates. Others sent full slates of Romney delegates. More often it was mixed, but Romney beat us in delegates overall quite significantly. This area was pretty tough. I don't have full delegate results from other precincts at this caucus location unfortunately.

The pooled caucus location at Wy'East straw poll totals:
227 - Romney
119 - Paul
91 - Santorum
47 - Gingrich
3 - Unknown/Undecided

I was there as an observer from Oregon helping to run the Ron Paul table and find people's precincts if they didn't know them already.

RPit
03-03-2012, 03:16 PM
ouch.. that hurts.. 100+ difference damn....

Xenophage
03-03-2012, 03:17 PM
The number of identified Ron Paul supporters that did not show up was the number we lost the straw poll by.

SCOTUSman
03-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Of course, people say they are going to show up and they don't. Typical story for us this go around. Romney voters are better at coming out than us. Cannot believe how lazy our people are. "Got to be there before 930am? Damn...okay I will." Next morning (alarm clock never set at 9:30am): "zzzzzzzz"

Tyler_Durden
03-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Delegate Totals:
1 - Paul (my awesome girlfriend!)
1 - Santorum
1 - Gingrich
3 - Romney

Yes, Romney supporters came out in droves from their retirement homes. A whole busload of them.

This is why the Campaign should hit the Nursing Homes.....

tslau
03-03-2012, 03:59 PM
I just got off the phone with my dad who was at this caucus... I convinced him and my mom to go for the first time and vote Ron Paul. He was precinct 644. He said that it was really interesting and he was surprised at how many Ron Paul supporters there were... From the way he was talking about his experience I'm sure he had a lot of fun, he's the type of guy who loves talking with people haha.

Xenophage
03-03-2012, 04:11 PM
I just got off the phone with my dad who was at this caucus... I convinced him and my mom to go for the first time and vote Ron Paul. He was precinct 644. He said that it was really interesting and he was surprised at how many Ron Paul supporters there were... From the way he was talking about his experience I'm sure he had a lot of fun, he's the type of guy who loves talking with people haha.

Are you his daughter? I helped an older gentleman find his precinct number, but his name was not on our sheet - his daughter's name was, and that's how I located his precinct.