PDA

View Full Version : Federal judge who emailed joke involving bestiality and Obama's mother apologizes

moderate libertarian
03-03-2012, 12:47 PM
This is not the first such incidence. Those who had said during Bush Presidency that electing Obama would help race relations in American civil and military societies may have been too optimistic:

Judge Richard Cebull apologizes to Obama
By MJ LEE | 3/2/12 6:26 AM EST
The chief federal judge of Montana has apologized to President Barack Obama in a letter after admitting to sending an email containing a racist joke about the president that made a reference to a dog.

Cebull landed in hot water this week when it was revealed that he had forwarded a racially charged joke about Obama to six others from his court email account.

A little boy said to his mother; ‘Mommy, how come I’m black and you’re white?’” the joke in the email said. “His mother replied, ‘Don’t even go there Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you’re lucky you don’t bark!’”

In a note preceding the joke, Cebull had written, “Normally I don’t send or forward a lot of these, but even by my standards, it was a bit touching. I want all of my friends to feel what I felt when I read this. Hope it touches your heart like it did mine.”

The incident made national headlines and drew the ire of some members of Congress, including the heads of the Congressional Black Caucus, Congressional Hispanic Caucus and the Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus, who came together to issue a joint-release condemning the judge.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0312/73536.html#ixzz1o5EYjoki